Ocwen Financial

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial.

Applied for one position, however the recruiter noted my HR experience and called me in reference to an HR Coordinator position.

Phone Screening with recruiter to discuss my long term goals and experiences. She then scheduled me for a Face to Face interview. It took her three days to send the confirmation of the appointment, she responded after several calls.

Face to Face Interview - I arrived at Ocwen in Coppell, TX about an hour prior to my interview. I walked in the building 30 mins prior to my interview starting. I checked in with the guard and took a seat in the waiting lobby. I sat there for over an hour. I walked to the desk to remind the guard I had an interview. He then calls the recruiter, she runs to the front (when I saw her, I realized that she had been walking pass me several times and was more focused on socializing). I should have known then to leave. She finally walks me to the back and gave me a timed assessment. When I completed, the two Hiring Managers in HR came to meet with me. The interview was very basic in nature and they asked several questions. The Senior HR Business Partner was very professional and in tune with the conversation, while the Senior HR Manager made it clear that she wasn't interested. The interview was great but a little too much for an HR Coordinator position which is simply the peon of the HR Group. I guess the HR Coordinator handles 90% of their jobs, which was why the HR Coordinator they had quit. I read the review on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions basically asking, "Will you do our job and not get mad about it?"   View Answer

Senior Analyst, MIS Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call from recruiter. Process took 4+ weeks.

The interview process was quite simple as I was the only person interviewed on that day.I was asked to take an aptitude test which consists of 50 questions and should be completed in 15 minutes. It was a mixture of logical and grammar questions. After which I was taken for a Face to face interview with 3 interviewers. Behavioral and technical Interview questions asked. Nothing to difficult or unexpected. Manager was pretty straight forward in what he expected. Questions were answered honestly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Had two phone interviews. Simple straight forward questions about experience and where I saw myself in 5 years. Overall, if you are a competent person and can do DCF analysis, you should be able to handle the tasks.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ocwen Financial.

It was so weird. I thought I did super bad but I guess I did not. Everyone seemed friendly. The facilities are decent. But I do not know if I should Accept the job or not. The company has such bad reviews.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ocwen Financial.

My resume got the door open, but I was given several tests, first by HR and later by other analysts so that was good, but looking good always seemed more important than knowing a lot.

They turn down a lot of good people so I have not cracked the puzzle of their HR practices.

Interview Questions
    • The technical aptitude test is thorough. I would not apply to be an analyst there if you don't know databases, oracle, SQL, etc. because they do know what it takes.   View Answer
    I was unemployed for the first offer so I just took it, but had to pretty much strong arm them for well deserved raises. I have heard of generosity in upper management levels, but as a tech-centric worker (not a people person) i was treated as no more than a service person, though my skills and education far exceeds most of theirs.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial in September 2013.

Manager was honest about being buried with work, the lack of supporting people and resources, and difficulty of the situation. Questions were answered honestly, no candy coating. A good interview experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and give examples from everyday life to show that.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial in July 2013.

IQ Test, Drug Test, 1 Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ocwen Financial in June 2013.

Strange, VERY strange process. I was out of a job and somewhat desperate. The recruiter had contacted me before about positions and I had declined. I contacted her and she indicated there were positions open. I was surprised by how casual she was about the whole thing--she simply asked if I wanted to come in for an interview the next day. The interviewers were awkward, unprepared and did not make any indication of my success. However, two days later the recruiter called with the offer. She continued to stress the low pay and her nervousness that I would leave, which definitely should have been red flags. On top of it, they sent me the wrong offer letter with a different position than I had interviewed for! Stay away from this company--the pay and company culture are terrible!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about about a time you encountered a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial.

Filled out initial test and sent in resume off company website. HR emailed me and set up a time to talk to me via phone. All went well and I was interested. Told me they would have the hiring manager get in contact with me for interviews within a few weeks, as they were out of the country on business. I didnt hear back, and followed up on my end and was told the positions I was interested in was filled now, however other positions were available and set up an interview with me.
    The interview was akward as the two people who were interviewing me seemed to could have cared less about anything I had to say, uninterested, and barely made eye contact. I had asked about advancement and moving up, company culture, etc, and what they loved about the company they work for? The response I got was silence. They looked at me as if I had antlers growing out of my head! One of the interviewers didnt want to answer the question, an the other one said " the benefits".
    Ok.....
    I the end, I'm happy I didn't receive an offer for employment there, as that was not the environment I want to work in, and it led me to a much better job I have started with higher pay scale.

Thank you!!

Human Resources Generalist/Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ocwen Financial in November 2012.

Contacted by recruiter to complete online assessment. Contacted a second time to set up onsite interview. Waited 30 minutes. Recruiter comes running in saying she was running late. Very unprofessional recruiter. Did not ask anything about my experience. Sd main job was firing 30-45 ppl a month who didn't meet quota. Took another pointless test.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask any questions about my experience. She seemed flustered and under qualified. Kept stressing the fact that main job was firing large groups each month.   Answer Question