Odeon Cinemas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

2.2

Guest Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Sent my CV by email, got sent an applaction form to fill out. Got an interview 2 days later. It went great no problems, the manager was laid back it made me more relaxed not much questions. He said he would give me call because he said I was successful! Left the cinema very happy!
    I am still waiting for a phone call and email to say what day I can start, I have heard NOTHING back! 10 years in retail experience and get ignored by a cinema!!!!

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Lincoln, England (UK)).

Interview

Questions were hard but interviewer was very pleasent and reassuring and said at the start the questions would be awkward. Pleasent interview. Various questions which were what would you do if? E.g someone was underage or became disruptive.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer refused to move from their seat even though it was reserved by someone else   Answer Question

I was in uni and would be returning home for summer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Odeon Cinemas in October 2010.

Interview

Just questions

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Norwich, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Greeted by a man with a clipboard with about 40 other names on. I was surprised at this because I didn't think the position would be so popular.I was told to go upstairs to the gallery where about 30 other applicants were waiting. We were split into two groups. My group were led to a screen and sat down in the front seats. One by one we had to go up to the front of the screen and talk a bit about ourselves. People generally spoke about their interests, films, travelling etc. The 3 staff sitting at the back would shout down faintly obscure questions if you ran out of things to say - 'cats or dogs?' 'favourite food?'.
    After this ordeal, we were sent back to the gallery and waited for a one to one interview. I felt very unrelaxed as everyone in the gallery was listening. I found the whole process quite unprofessional. Questions in the interview included a roleplay 'A customer is very upset because kids have been kicking his seat the whole way through the film - what would you do?', practicalities of working hours/transport. and questions like 'what are your values of trust?'