Odessa Technologies

Updated Sep 3, 2014

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Odessa Technologies in July 2014.

I was interviewing for a Project Manager role for which I applied on-line. After a phone screen from their recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I interviewed with the VP, Programs and the CEO. I assumed it had gone well because a few days later, they had me interview with their COO. A week later I received a cursory rejection email. I requested feedback from them but never received a response. I traveled 360 miles and paid $500 out of my own pocket just to interview for a job I really wanted. Parking alone was $31. That being the case, i would have appreciated the courtesy of some response. That was more disappointing than not getting an offer. Perhaps it's better that I did not get the opportunity to work for such a company.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. I have over 17 years of project management experience, numerous Project Management certifications and have managed programs for Global 100 companies, and I found all the questions easy to answer. I was asked to create an impromptu data model to represent something from the real world. The bulk of the questions were about my background and experience.   Answer Question

Software Devoloper Interview

first round is pure aptitude checking your basic quantitative and analytical skills,it also had a couple of algorithm to trace .You have to be fast to solve the questions .2nd round was coding where in you have to write simple codes using the language of your choice.

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Odessa Technologies in July 2014.

Applied through college, The first round was an online aptitude test, The second round was a programming test in the hackerrank platform, Finally 3 technical HR rounds and one personal HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Odessa Technologies.

Started from basic oops concept to iis configurations.
    asked advance SQL administration and Query logic related questions.
    got a detailed questions about MVC and services. crystal report, sql jobs, sql query optimaization.
    first round was a one one pure technical round with some senior developer , next round was with Manager.
    it was like 50 - 50 techno fuctional.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they gave me what i asked.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Odessa Technologies.

Hiring process started with a call after finding my resume on some job board. Typical rounds were, screening over the phone and then a F2F with other BAs and the MD for final round. There will be a HR round at teh end to discuss the compensation and other formalities. Typical questions will be regarding the BA concepts and PM stuffs as well. In most of teh cases, you will be asked to design a database for a business scenario coz' you will be doing this as part of your role as a BA in this company.

Interview Questions
    • They are all typical BA questions and the difficult ones are the database designing questions - for simple business scenarios. There will be some aptitude questions - if it strikes on that day, you are in, if not OUT - which is not correct to some extent.   View Answer
    Typical phase where you ask more and they offer less - and then the bargaining goes on until you get convinced to their offer!!

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Odessa Technologies in March 2014.

Their hiring process was 6 rounds.
    1) Online Programming Test - Basic String Manipulation Questions. ( Ex : Find anomalies, find vowel and replace, right angle formation ) - 3 questions.
    2) Technical - Design : Design an application (On Paper) . ( Ex : Email, Photo Album, Bus Reservation )
    3,4) Technical + HR - questions based on your resume, basic data structures, dbms
    5,6) Visual Reasoning Test + HR - Formal HR questions. (Ex : Tell me about yourself, your interest, your weakness, why should we hire you,etc )

Interview Questions
    • Nothing so specific. String Manipulation, DMBS - Joins and Aggregate functions.   Answer Question

Software Devoloper Interview

apti - logical reasoning n flowcharts
    programming - 3 programs in 30 mins
    technical interview- dbms-sql, os, programs, puzzles
    hr-puzzles, general. questions

Business Analyst (MBA Student - Finance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Odessa Technologies in January 2014.

They conducted three rounds of interview and final round @Bangalore. Group discussion,Picturization test, 1st interview and final interview with a senior person / MD. The group discussion was based on abstract topics such as Science vs Maths. Its better to be logical in group discussions. Brief about yourself to the interviewer in an enterprising manner.

Interview Questions
    • For me they asked about the company, leasing industry, my internship experience, few logical questions based on excel, Financial Accounting (journal, ledger,balance sheet), Management Accounting, questions from my resume, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Final Interview At Bangalore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Odessa Technologies.

The company first conducted GD/ PI in the college. The GD topic was a very general topic and the students were asked to design a website for a groceries retailer in the interview. The selected students were then called to Bangalore for a final interview with their MD. In the final interview they asked to write a series of SQL queries and were asked details about leasing.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview with MD, I was asked to go for another round of interview with a project manager. Unexpectedly, being an MBA grad and applied for Business analysts position, I was asked to write 2-3 difficult codes in both C++ and JAVA and was asked a series of SQL queries.

There was no question asked to me regarding the studies that I did in my MBA. The interview was conducted as if I had applied for software engineer's position. The interview took place for almost an hour. The entire day went in a series of interview, and they finally rejected me. If possible please think twice before applying for this company.
        Answer Question

Trainee Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Odessa Technologies in October 2013.

Round 1: Aptitude test
    Round 2: Programming(subjective based on C/java)
    Round 3: Technical Interview
    Round 4: HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • Subjective written questions were based on string manipulation and linked list. Technical Interview questions were on DBMS,C,DATA STRUCTURE,PROJECT.   Answer Question