Odyssey HealthCare Interview Questions

1.7

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Tucson, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Call from VP...meeting and then phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

reasonable

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I received a call to set up the interview with Odyssey Hospice and when I came for the interview I met with two of the Nursing Supervisors. They asked very few interview questions and the interview consisted of more conversation about my career more than anything. I felt like I had to drive the process of getting information about myself out there because they weren't making an effort to get it. However at the end of the interview they acted very excited as though they planned to hire me. I did follow up with a phone call and spoke with one of the interviewers a few days later and she again reiterated how much they liked me but I never heard back from them again and in the meantime was offered a different position that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• None, they really didn't ask me interview questions and I had to work to insert as much information about myself into the conversation as possible.   Answer Question

CER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

didnt take very long-they have lots of turnover-new reps are fired witrh regularity

Interview Questions

• the question as to whether they tell the truth or not-they do not -they are liars   Answer Question

Negotiation

na

Hospice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Southfield, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Victorville, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Had a phone interview where i was asked simple, interview-like questions. Was later scheduled for orientation wjere they explained the way the office and the company works and what they actually do. Overall the process was basic and easy going. Shouldnt cause for any worries for those that are applying.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever heard of hospice. And do you know what it is that we do? At the time i did not so this question was a little difficult for me   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Hospice Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Kansas City, MO) in March 2009.

Interview

Submitted application via internet. They called me and I scheduled an interview with Office Manager. Met the director of nursing and got job.

Interview Questions

• I never like the question-What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Patient Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (Tucson, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

Asked If I would like to advance to management, from staff nurse.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare (San Antonio, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

It was all one sided. Interviewer talked about the company, the job and what it entailed. You either said yes or no to it.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Medical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in January 2009.

Interview

Process was easy. Called about job listed in classifieds. Interview scheduled for the next day. Interviewed with multiple people in the office. Very comfortable atmosphere and everyone was really nice. Got a call that afternoon to meet with executive director the next day. She made an offer and I accepted. I started 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a patient is is an outspoken athiest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO Negotiation

CNA/HHA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in January 2008.

Interview

I filed out an application online, and got called in for an interview, my full application had been lost, so I had to fill out a new one. I was asked why do you want to work for hospice, what experience do you have as a cna, and what my schedule was like. Then I got a call the next day and was offered a job. Those were the only questions I was asked.