Odyssey HealthCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

CER Interview

CER
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in August 2010.

Interview Details – didnt take very long-they have lots of turnover-new reps are fired witrh regularity

Interview Question – the question as to whether they tell the truth or not-they do not -they are liars   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – na

Hospice Nurse Interview

Hospice Nurse
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in March 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application via internet. They called me and I scheduled an interview with Office Manager. Met the director of nursing and got job.

Interview Question – I never like the question-What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Victorville, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in July 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview where i was asked simple, interview-like questions. Was later scheduled for orientation wjere they explained the way the office and the company works and what they actually do.

Overall the process was basic and easy going. Shouldnt cause for any worries for those that are applying.

Interview Question – Have you ever heard of hospice. And do you know what it is that we do?

At the time i did not so this question was a little difficult for me
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Patient Care Manager Interview

Patient Care Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in February 2009.

Interview Details – Asked If I would like to advance to management, from staff nurse.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Hospice Interview

Hospice
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in April 2010.

Interview Details – face to face

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in August 2011.

Interview Details – Call from VP...meeting and then phone interview

Interview Question – Compliance issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – reasonable

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in September 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call to set up the interview with Odyssey Hospice and when I came for the interview I met with two of the Nursing Supervisors. They asked very few interview questions and the interview consisted of more conversation about my career more than anything. I felt like I had to drive the process of getting information about myself out there because they weren't making an effort to get it. However at the end of the interview they acted very excited as though they planned to hire me. I did follow up with a phone call and spoke with one of the interviewers a few days later and she again reiterated how much they liked me but I never heard back from them again and in the meantime was offered a different position that I accepted.

Interview Question – None, they really didn't ask me interview questions and I had to work to insert as much information about myself into the conversation as possible.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in May 2008.

Interview Details – It was all one sided. Interviewer talked about the company, the job and what it entailed. You either said yes or no to it.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Medical Social Worker Interview

Medical Social Worker

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in January 2009.

Interview Details – Process was easy. Called about job listed in classifieds. Interview scheduled for the next day. Interviewed with multiple people in the office. Very comfortable atmosphere and everyone was really nice. Got a call that afternoon to meet with executive director the next day. She made an offer and I accepted. I started 1 week later.

Interview Question – How would you react to a patient is is an outspoken athiest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO Negotiation

Anonymous Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Odyssey HealthCare in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several people at once, job offered based on drug test and background check being ok

Interview Question – If I'd ever had problems with a past employer/employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none - the hourly wage was none negotiable. I would insist on more an hour or not working the 7 days straight. I loved the job but would not work 7 days straight of call again.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Odyssey HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Odyssey HealthCare interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Odyssey HealthCare employees and interview candidates.