Off Broadway Shoes

Interviews for Top Jobs at Off Broadway Shoes

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes.

Applied 2 weeks ago. Got a call inviting me to come in for a group interview. They were supposedly expecting 10 people, but only myself and one other person showed up. The interview was handled in two parts. First they took turns asking us basic questions about the company and what we'd do in certain situations.
Then they interviewers took each of us aside to ask more in depth questions about our background/previous work experience.

It was about 30 mins in total.

(And for those who care: I was wearing a dress/blazer and favorite pair of heels, while the other candidate was was wearing jeans, Toms, and a dressy blouse. The male interviewer was wearing jeans and a dress shirt, while the woman interview wear slacks, flats, and a simple top/cardigan.)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Off Broadway Shoes?   Answer Question
  • What is the most important in regards to customer service?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a demanding customer when there is several other customers waiting to be served?   Answer Question
  • A customer can't choose between the $35 FILA shoes and the $55 Nikes-- which shoe do you decide to pitch to the customer and why? Do so without bashing either product.   Answer Question
  • How would you pitch the Off Broadway Rewards program to a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Off Broadway Shoes

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes.

There was a three-step interviewing process: the phone interview, group interview and manager interview. The group interview was probably the most challenging, so to stand out, practice your responses beforehand and don't be afraid to speak up more than the other candidates. The entire process took two weeks because of my scheduling, but it should take less than a week for people with more open schedules.

Interview Questions
    The salary was fixed $10.00, even though I asked for $10.50. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in July 2014.

I submitted an online application and went in two weeks later to see if it had been looked at. The person I talked to said most likely not and I should do a hard copy. I filled out the hard copy and she referred me to another store at a different location. When I called the hiring manager of the other location, she asked if I could come in for an interview a couple of hours later. The interview process was pretty simple. I walked in and we went to her office and she asked me the basic questions (Why do you want to work here? What does teamwork mean to you? What is the most important aspect of customer service?) I am still currently waiting for a call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions on how you would handle certain situations that could happen in the store.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in June 2013.

I received a call about a week later and scheduled an interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a link about a background check. After 2 days I never received it so I called and reminded the manager, then she finally sent it. I was also told that I would receive a call in 2 weeks about whether or not I received the job. After 3 weeks I never received a call, so I called again and they told me they are still in the process of interviewing candidates. Never heard back from them since then…

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Majority were basic and how you handled a particular experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in May 2013.

I was contacted by phone by the store manager a few weeks after I had submitted my application online. I was told that I would be interviewed by the assistant manager because the store manager would not be available. I accepted the interview time of 3:00 the following afternoon.

I had arrived for the interview about 15 min early. The store was clean, and I had met with the assistant manager whom conducted the interview 1:1 on the store floor. (I had arrived in black slacks, a gray top with a black cardigan and black flats) I was asked a few typical questions such as; "If tasked with a project where you're the leader, how would you manage it?" "Do you have any cash handling experience?" "How would you handle a difficult customer?"... We went over the position requirements and tasks, hours, and then I was asked to fill out a two page application. After completion of the app, I was told that I got the position and in a week I would be contacted to come in to fill out additional paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly general pertaining to the position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I haven't had any retail experience in over 10 years. I was told that I would be paid minimum wage ($7.25) without health benefits or PTO.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes.

Had three interviews. One with a hm, then one with the gm, then another with the same hm.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in October 2012.

It was the interview for the initial location setup. The interview was done in a group process at a round table rather than individually. You more or less had to be the first to answer questions so as to not sound redundant. The process really separate the well-balanced people apart from those that were either overwhelming or too quiet to have a job speaking with customers.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going in the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in May 2012.

very lazy, one interview, manager threw out list of questions to ask, no wonder there is a five month employee turn over.. crappy training, no consistency. worst company ever, you will LITERALLY get written up for talking to employees about ANY non-work related things, horrible place to work. managers are simply childish and emotional.

Interview Questions
    they offer minimum wage,, end of story,,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in January 2012.

I spoke to two separate managers (a male and a female) for a little over an hour. They asked me dozens of questions, some even asked me to repeat the response that I told the other interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation I have ever been in and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Off Broadway Shoes in August 2011.

The interview started off with me filling out an in-store application at the front (by the registers). Then, one of the assistant managers took me to the back of the store. First she just asked me about my online application and resume information. After that, she went on to asking about availability and where I went to school. After those questions, the interviewer asked me questions typed on several sheets of paper about customer service, why I chose that store, what I was looking for, etc. At the end of the small packet of questions she told me about their uniform and general rules regarding cell phones and theft. Unfortunately they were looking for someone with more availability and I was looking for a closer location. Overall the interview was lengthy, but a good look into the company. The manager that interviewed me was dressed in a casual black outfit and tennis shoes, nothing too fancy.