Office Depot

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very generic Interview process. Not much effort is put in to the process so little effort is required to do well on the interview. The personality test is simple and using basic common sense will place you in the the 90th percentile. Neither the interivier or interviewee gains much knowledge of the other during the process.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to overcome an objection or something you didn't agree with. How did you hanle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview. The management at office depot likes to talk on the first interview. They want to get to know you. The second interview is about you asking questions about leadership, what you would do in specific situations, what is an example of great customer service you've done, etc. Pretty standard stuff. The second interview is with a district manager. That's just more taking telling you what the expectations are.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered a salary. I was told that it was the highest he was authorized to pay.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – It went ok, presented my accomplishments and what drives me

Interview Question – What were my numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate a good deal, to others stick with what you want and know your figures

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

Interview Details – Had 2 store managers interview me. Went smooth and positive.

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in July 2008.

Interview Details – Overall interview consisted of very detailed questions about my skills, and experience. Many of my experiences were analyzed very critically. However there was much respect and understanding, along with wonderful conversation as to what future is available with the company.

Interview Question – Questions that pertained to the improvement of sales as it relates to the new industry I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were very straight forward and to the point.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!