Office Depot Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screening. Must know about Office Depot and business(Research). Then there are 2 additional interviews in office with management.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness/strength?
      How well do you work on teams? Individually?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5years?
      Career goals? - Want to see that you want to stay in the job for a while.
        Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I do not think it is an option.

Costumer Care Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in October 2012.

Went in One day asked if they were Hiring and Was speaking to the manager and didn't even know. She asked me if I had any experience And I said Yes. She told me to apply And I did. After that I came the same day and did a Costumer Service Survey. About Three Days Later I had an Interview She said I need to have another Interview And she said She was very impressed . A week later I has another Interview and The Friday after I was Called in to be sent for a drug test,

Interview Questions
    • Explain A TIME WHERE I experienced a great time I had Great Costumer service.   Answer Question
    NO. Negotiations. Excellent Benefits.

Any Open - Cashier, Front End, Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2012.

I applied online 6/3 - did not get a call until 6/18 to ask me if I could come in for a personality test. I came in later that week to do the computer personality test in store (literally standing at the front desk, about 120 questions that are situational and characteristics mostly about theft and dishonesty). This test is not hard and is repetitive.

The next monday I got a call back saying I passed the test, he even told me the areas that I did not do well in and my score (95%). He asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I came in and interviewed one on one with the assistant manager. He was very laid back and joking the whole time. Was simple questions like where I have worked, why I want to work there, why did I leave my previous jobs, do I get along well with other employees (b/c they have jealous people at that store??- what he said), explained what positions they needed and that they like to cross train so everyone knows how to do everything. He asked how much I wanted to start at, and if I would move on that. I said no and asked for 8.50 since thats what I am currently paid elsewhere. (was not pressure at all, stay firm!) - He asked about my availability and when I would be able to work. Than he gave me a form for a drug test and background consent form to fill out and told me to do the drug test asap to expedite the process.

I got drug tested that day. It took about 24 hours to get the results in, I passed.
    The background check (since I do not have a record) took about 24 hours as well.

I called him to tell him I took the test and he told me he would call me when the background test came back. He called the next day and scheduled a 2nd interview with the store manager.

I came in two days later and talked with the 2nd manager. These were mostly situational questions (A little harder but still simple) such as name a time you had a hard customer, a good experience with a customer, why I left other jobs (more in depth- they are really curious about this one), how much selling experience I have, he picked an object and asked me how I would sell it (such as biking shorts) - asked what I do in my current job, my availability, when I could start, how many hours I would expect and than he got to wages and said that since I get paid 8.50 currently and with my 5+ years of customer service and retail experience that he would match that but to keep it on the down low with other employees since normally you cannot start much over minimum wage. He offered me the position, and scheduled to start Monday.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. They asked how much I expect to receive. I told them 8.50. They asked if I was firm on that, I said yes. I think the only reason they did not argue though was because my experience so if you are less experienced, in the 2nd interview I believe they would probably say what they want to start you at and you have the choice to accept the offer or not.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Just like any other interview in retail. Very easy interview but Office Depot focus only on making the customer happy so any questions like that come up you will know how to answer them. The customer could be dead wrong but they will make them happy

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle and outrate customer who was wrong?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2011.

discussed past jobs, asked questions about different situation I had encountered, easy interview

Interview Questions
    Attempted to negotiate, was told they were "allowed" to give a higher amount (later found this not to be completely true)

Intergated Acoount Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in March 2011.

I was contacted by the recuriter as she saw my resume onlin. I interviewed with the recruiter on the phone, then a skills test with a outsourced company. I had to do a role play and a written test portion. I then intervied with the Director of the program. About two weeks later, I was offered the postion.

Interview Questions
    There was none. Everyone is paid the same.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot in March 2011.

They called me and told me to come in for an interview. The interview was not intimidating at all, just a few basic questions. Impress them, it's easy. They give you a drug test if your good. The say "we will get back to you" if you weren't.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your past jobs that you think makes you a good fit for Office Depot and it's values   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was 16 and pining for a job I really needed one. My mother had just lost her job and we were not able to take care of simple things. I took base salary at $7.35, worst decision I ever made.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2010.

The hiring manager will call and schedule an interview during that week he/she contacted you. They essential carry a list of questions about your achievements made, knowledge prior to applying for the job, dealing with customer issues, and resolving disputes. If they feel you have a potential for the position, a second interview is scheduled with the store manager. It is his/her final decision for employment. After a successful interview, he/she will hand over paperwork for drug testing. Finally, they send you on store tour to know where things are and scan IDs for record purposes. All uniform attire is ordered online. None is provided.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a situation where you have had problem and the steps you took to solve it?   View Answer
    Pay and uniforms were not negotiable. You either took it or moved on. The positions description was set with no changes allowed.

Integrated Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2010.

The interview was a phone interview with the Office Depot hiring manager, then with a company called Apexx which was a role play, then a skills test, and the final interview was a panel interview with the District Sales Manager, HR and the Regional Sales Manager. This job was told it was going to be one thing, but then we were told we were going to be hourly employees.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you overcame a challenge when a customer said no   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It is what it is, and we have to do what we do. WE were told by HR if we did not like the job or if it was not a good fit then quit and become a customer. this was on the 2nd week of the job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in December 2009.

I went in to fax a paper and saw a paper taped to the front door stating "HIring for all positions." I asked a sales associate for an application, took it home, and filled it out. The application was a thick packet that was not so bad filling out. i submitted my resume with the application. When I went to turn it in the next day, I gave it to a sales associate who then told me i needed to take an online assesment. I was doing so, the assoc. gave my application/resume to the assist. store manager who was instantly impressed by my resume and told me to take "manager's" assesment instead. I did and passed. Immediately following was a short interview with the assist. store manager; that was easy and informal. It was through that small interview that the determination was made to set up an "real" interview with the store manager. That "real" interview lasted about 20 minutes and was also pretty easy. She asked a couple of "what would you do in this situation" type of questions. A couple of days later a signed a paper approving a background check and did a urinalysis. Tomorrow a have an interview with the training store manager which I am guessing is where I'll find out when I start....

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer is expecting to pick up an order that we have no knowledge of ever being placed?   View Answer
    I have gone through a negotiation phase yet nor do I know if ther is one.