Office Depot

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2013.

Interview Details – Really simple, just have an open or flexible schedule and expect to be bored. Just don't look like you walked in off the streets. I met with the managers and we reviewed my resume, which is unexpected for an sales floor position. I started after the background and drug test came back.

Interview Question – While I'm sure my experience was not typical of all of office depot, there was no difficult question (the location I applied to pretty much only hired college students or retirees for sales floor positions)   Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

Interview Details – Completed an online application two days later got a call from the Store Manager. Interview was scheduled for the next day. Was hired within a weeks time.

Interview Question – What would you do if I was out to lunch and there was an irate customer asking for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Jackson, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy my boyfriends older brother was the asst. manager at a different office depot store so I really didn't have to do much He basically got me in good with the manager.Told him about my previous customer service experience and he hired me on the spot. Started my training the next week.

Interview Question – Basic customer service questions. Easy to answer.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was rather simple. I passed the personality test and was offered an interview a few days later. then in the interview i was offered the job.

Interview Question – What do you expect out of your leadership team   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview that i had was about 15 minutes long and she talked about the expectations for the job and ask basic questions about myself. "Are you ok with wearing the Office Depot uniforms". The second interview was more situational questions it wasnt hard and they seemed to like me. But i didn't get an offer.......

Interview Questions

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2008.

Interview Details – I went in and filled out an application on a computer they had in the store. I received a call the next day, and had a 1:1 interview with the store manager that week. I was offered a job the day after my interview. The in store environment wasn't very friendly, and the manager I met with wasn't very outgoing either.

Interview Question – What is the best way to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Office Depot Videos

Office Depot – Why Work for Us?

The company has combined annual sales of approximately $17 billion, employs about 66,000 associates, and serves consumers and businesses in 59 countries with more than 2,200 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees and interview candidates.