Office Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

There were three individual interviews, which makes sense because there are multiple departments working together. The first interview was with the floor manager, the second with the print shop management, and the third with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an incident at your last job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It was a one on one experience where the employer asked you the usual questions. There is a second interview shortly after the first if they are interested in hiring. Also a drug test/background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was super easy. I walked in on the off chance they were hiring, and they were. So I did an on the spot interview and was hired. Interview was short and quick. Basic personality questions and why do you want to work here, etc. Had to complete a long questionnaire and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic. Why Office Depot? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a one on one with the store manager. My second interview was a one on one with the department manager. It was in this interview that I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Office Depot?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Waco, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You take a test, then if you pass the test you get a second interview. On the second interview you are asked about your past jobs and how you have dealt with or deal with certain situations. Based on your answers you are either hired on the spot or turned away.

Interview Questions

• If a sudden rush of people were to come into the store, would you be able to handle working under the pressure of multi-tasking in the store or picking up the slack of other employees if needed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Columbia, SC) in June 2013.

Interview

Really simple, just have an open or flexible schedule and expect to be bored. Just don't look like you walked in off the streets. I met with the managers and we reviewed my resume, which is unexpected for an sales floor position. I started after the background and drug test came back.

Interview Questions

• While I'm sure my experience was not typical of all of office depot, there was no difficult question (the location I applied to pretty much only hired college students or retirees for sales floor positions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview went really easy. Manager asked me about myself and my skills. Asked me to sell him a product (a stapler). I got a call a week later for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Birmingham, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Completed an online application two days later got a call from the Store Manager. Interview was scheduled for the next day. Was hired within a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I was out to lunch and there was an irate customer asking for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight to the point, I was asked if I had and customer service experience and if I am comfortable talking to different people and selling to customers, them they asked if I could work any shift, as and at that present time I told them I could.