Office Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

1.5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It was a one on one experience where the employer asked you the usual questions. There is a second interview shortly after the first if they are interested in hiring. Also a drug test/background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was super easy. I walked in on the off chance they were hiring, and they were. So I did an on the spot interview and was hired. Interview was short and quick. Basic personality questions and why do you want to work here, etc. Had to complete a long questionnaire and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic. Why Office Depot? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a one on one with the store manager. My second interview was a one on one with the department manager. It was in this interview that I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Office Depot?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Columbia, SC) in June 2013.

Interview

Really simple, just have an open or flexible schedule and expect to be bored. Just don't look like you walked in off the streets. I met with the managers and we reviewed my resume, which is unexpected for an sales floor position. I started after the background and drug test came back.

Interview Questions

• While I'm sure my experience was not typical of all of office depot, there was no difficult question (the location I applied to pretty much only hired college students or retirees for sales floor positions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview went really easy. Manager asked me about myself and my skills. Asked me to sell him a product (a stapler). I got a call a week later for training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Birmingham, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Completed an online application two days later got a call from the Store Manager. Interview was scheduled for the next day. Was hired within a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I was out to lunch and there was an irate customer asking for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight to the point, I was asked if I had and customer service experience and if I am comfortable talking to different people and selling to customers, them they asked if I could work any shift, as and at that present time I told them I could.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Jackson, MS) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was easy my boyfriends older brother was the asst. manager at a different office depot store so I really didn't have to do much He basically got me in good with the manager.Told him about my previous customer service experience and he hired me on the spot. Started my training the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

It was rather simple. I passed the personality test and was offered an interview a few days later. then in the interview i was offered the job.