Office Depot Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

1.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2013.

Really simple, just have an open or flexible schedule and expect to be bored. Just don't look like you walked in off the streets. I met with the managers and we reviewed my resume, which is unexpected for an sales floor position. I started after the background and drug test came back.

Interview Questions
    • While I'm sure my experience was not typical of all of office depot, there was no difficult question (the location I applied to pretty much only hired college students or retirees for sales floor positions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

Completed an online application two days later got a call from the Store Manager. Interview was scheduled for the next day. Was hired within a weeks time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I was out to lunch and there was an irate customer asking for me?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Hiring process was easy my boyfriends older brother was the asst. manager at a different office depot store so I really didn't have to do much He basically got me in good with the manager.Told him about my previous customer service experience and he hired me on the spot. Started my training the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2010.

It was rather simple. I passed the personality test and was offered an interview a few days later. then in the interview i was offered the job.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2009.

The first interview that i had was about 15 minutes long and she talked about the expectations for the job and ask basic questions about myself. "Are you ok with wearing the Office Depot uniforms". The second interview was more situational questions it wasnt hard and they seemed to like me. But i didn't get an offer.......

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2008.

I went in and filled out an application on a computer they had in the store. I received a call the next day, and had a 1:1 interview with the store manager that week. I was offered a job the day after my interview. The in store environment wasn't very friendly, and the manager I met with wasn't very outgoing either.

Interview Questions

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!