Office Depot Customer Service Associate I Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in March 2013.

The hiring process took longer than expected but the one on one interview was not very difficult. Previous customer service experience is a plus, as the company revolves around this more than others in the type of emphasis they put in it. It is like an indoctrination process. You will most likely be interviewed by the general store manager, so please be prepared with knowledge about the company prior to the interview. Also, it helps to overdress even if this is only another one of those retail jobs. First impression counts. The personality test can be difficult but not impossible to pass. One of the primary reasons that stores are understaffed is that they have a hard time hiring, as prospective candidates don't seem to be able to pass the personality and customer service test. On the test, select no other answer options but either "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree." Read about best customer service practices in retail and direct selling as well. If you are good with technology, try to apply for a position in tech services, definitely not freight and logistics unless you want to show up at 7am to stock items on the sales floor.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about selling X ? (Could be a pencil or any other of the items they carry in office supplies or technology)   View Answer
Don't try to bid for more because they will start you at minimum wage anyway. However, it is still worth to ask. I had already graduated, my girlfriend still in school, so I had to take this job anyway. I tried negotiating for more but was given only 10 cents more than what I was earning at my previous job while still in grad school. Not the best retail job but way better than working in food services though, for sure.

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

It was quick interview with a little bit of worry for me because it was my first serious job interview. However, manager of duty was friendly and he was listening for all my answers. He asked me questions about my knowledge in computers area and if i have a sales experience. And than he asked me, how can i sell this pencil for him. It was funny.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2012.

2 interviews as well as attempting to sell an item to the interviewing manager. they ask if you can sell. also if you can multitask. they ask if you can get to work on time. Also if you can get along with other people and be polite to customers.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in April 2012.

The hiring process was pretty easy, so was the interview standard questions. You had to fill out an online application (I don't approve of...) then go into the store you are applying too and take the customer survey test and pass it. Then you get an interview and if they want to hire you they make you go take a drug test at a lab.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of the best customer service story that you were a in as a customer   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate on salary it was already set but they were very flexible on school hours and what times you needed off.