Office Depot Customer Service Specialist I Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

Contacted the same week that I applied for the position. When I arrived at the store there was an online assessment that was required to see if I even qualified for an interview. The first interview was with the assistant store manager who asked some basic interview questions. A second interview was scheduled a few days later. The second interview was with the manager a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • The pre-interview questionnaire was unexpected. Before I could actually interview with the assistant manager. I had to stand in front of the store and answer all the personality questions for about half an hour.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in July 2009.

The process is fairly simple. I applied in person with a paper application. This has changed to an online application with the same exact format. Then I came in to take an "Assessment Test" and was called back a few days later. The interview was basic. I recommend dressing business casual when taking the test and for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Am I willing to fulfill their expectations?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prince Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2013.

I submited my online application and went into the store the next day and they have me a test of about 110 questions. The test was completely on behavior and basicaly looks for how approachable you are to customers and your ability to sell on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions on when to approach the customer or what to say to them when selling can seem like they have multiple answers.   View Answer
    No Negotiation was aaliable they were extremely clear on what the pay/benefits would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2012.

The Application must be done online from home or in the store, then a 120 question survey must be completed. After the initial interview a second interview is scheduled followed by a background check and drug screening. Providing all is well it would take around two to four weeks for the new employee orientation.

There was no negotiation

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

I heard that Office Depot was hiring so I went there and asked to talk to the manager. I took the assessment that very same day and got called back a week later, then scheduled an interview. I went through 2 interviews, one with assistant and one with head manager. They just asked me about myself, my goals, why I wanted to work here. Basically we sell ourselves to them. Why are you a good candidate? How would you handle a difficult customer, strengths, weaknesses, and work experience? Everything was positive and a chill interview and he told me to get the drug test!

Interview Questions
    • None really. The interview was honestly like a conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just gave us the wage that Office Depot offers and said there is an opportunity to grow.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Hiring process is completely online, managers have no control on who gets sent to which store. Then you have to answer a questionnaire in the store. Interview process is quick and speedy and by then you probably already have the job. (At least in my case.)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation is convincing customers how PC/Android is better than Apple.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online and was called by manager to come into store to take assessment. After completion, I was given my score immediately. Within three days I had interviewed with both the Assistant Manager and Store Manager and had accepted an offer for employment.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was open but each position is restricted to a bracket.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabethtown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabethtown, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2012.

If you end up passing the test you have to take after applying you're pretty much guaranteed an interview and then the job since very few pass the test. The manager that interviewed me didn't really seem to want to conduct the interview and therefore just told me he just has to ask some basic questions so that he can have something to write down. The interview was pretty quick and to the point.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, as all employees start off with minimum wage regardless of experience.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!