Office Depot Customer Service Specialist I Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

1.8

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

I heard that Office Depot was hiring so I went there and asked to talk to the manager. I took the assessment that very same day and got called back a week later, then scheduled an interview. I went through 2 interviews, one with assistant and one with head manager. They just asked me about myself, my goals, why I wanted to work here. Basically we sell ourselves to them. Why are you a good candidate? How would you handle a difficult customer, strengths, weaknesses, and work experience? Everything was positive and a chill interview and he told me to get the drug test!

Interview Questions
    • None really. The interview was honestly like a conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just gave us the wage that Office Depot offers and said there is an opportunity to grow.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online and was called by manager to come into store to take assessment. After completion, I was given my score immediately. Within three days I had interviewed with both the Assistant Manager and Store Manager and had accepted an offer for employment.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was open but each position is restricted to a bracket.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Hiring process is completely online, managers have no control on who gets sent to which store. Then you have to answer a questionnaire in the store. Interview process is quick and speedy and by then you probably already have the job. (At least in my case.)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation is convincing customers how PC/Android is better than Apple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prince Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2013.

I submited my online application and went into the store the next day and they have me a test of about 110 questions. The test was completely on behavior and basicaly looks for how approachable you are to customers and your ability to sell on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions on when to approach the customer or what to say to them when selling can seem like they have multiple answers.   View Answer
    No Negotiation was aaliable they were extremely clear on what the pay/benefits would be.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

Contacted the same week that I applied for the position. When I arrived at the store there was an online assessment that was required to see if I even qualified for an interview. The first interview was with the assistant store manager who asked some basic interview questions. A second interview was scheduled a few days later. The second interview was with the manager a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • The pre-interview questionnaire was unexpected. Before I could actually interview with the assistant manager. I had to stand in front of the store and answer all the personality questions for about half an hour.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

I applied on a computer in the store. The application included the usual- work experience, education, etc. There was also a personality test. I didn't do well on it the first time so I took it again a couple of months later. I received a call for an interview. After the interview, I had to go take a drug test and wait for my background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2012.

Started with a phone call looking for a job, I was asked to go to the website to fill out an application. I did NOT receive a call back and took the initiative to speak with a manager about the process of my application, in which he took me then and there to take a sales survey. This score will determine if you get an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions, the sales test and your application/resume fill in a lot of slots for them, they do ask basic, "What if's" that would be asked in any interview process for retail, but not any hard ones.   Answer Question
    I was offered a job, not very negotiable given the starting position, but there is commission. What was negotiable was hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Plains, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Plains, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2012.

One interview with the store manager, and I was hired. It was not a detailed interview, but I had managed physician groups as large as 36 physicians, in six different states, and I had purchased much of our supplies from Office Depot stores in those 6 states. Having managed as many as 110 employees, I didn't think the store manager had to grill me very much. In my Healthcare jobs I hired and managed all the employees, including the physicians, and I had to fire a couple of the MD's in those positions.

There was no negotiation

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!