Office Depot Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot.

I walked in and got hired. had to tak a drug test and strated the following week

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2010.

There was one interview, where I was just asked basic questions, such as naming a time where I helped someone, a time where I went out of my way to help someone. "What makes you a good fit for Office Depot? Do you have any experience with computers, and computer accessories?" Easy things like that.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2011.

My friend was working for the Office Depot here and set me up with an interview because the store was under staffed. I had a interview in-person with the assistant manager and the tech department manager around 3 minutes after they had me take a 100+ question test online. The test was standard one given by retail asking questions to determine your personality, experience, and morality. Was offered minimum wage working part-time with opportunities for advancement and commission so I accepted since there aren't many jobs around here. After working though I discovered a few issues with what I was told. To start I was pretty clear and applying there because on door it said, "We fix your computer here!" but later found out tech associates in-store don't really work on the computers just diagnose them. They even asked around 6 or 6 technical questions to, "judge my knowledge in the tech field" and while not saying I would fix computers it was implied. There also isn't really much opportunity for advancement, at least in this store, as I found out later that they can only have 5 people in-store that are full-time employees. The full-time people were the manager, assistant manager, 2 department managers, and a tech associate. Finally, the commission is not what they make it out to be. It is determined store wide, not on personal sales. So if the store slacks then you won't earn anything. So although not a negative experience it definitely wasn't a positive one. At my store they don't straight lie to you, but they do omit certain details. It is technically my fault for not finding more out on my own, but they could've also specified details rather than leading me to believe a certain way.

Interview Questions
    • A customer brings a desktop computer in and says it won't turn on, what steps would you take to figure out what the issue is?   View Answer
    • A customer comes into the store and asks you, "I have a wireless network printer at my house. It has worked fine for the last 4 or 5 months then yesterday it just stopped printing from my laptop. My wife's laptop can print just fine to it and so can my desktop. What is the issue?" I then gave answer A) to which they asked, "Like what?" to which I gave answer B)   View Answer
    I wasn't really able to negotiate on anything other than what times I could work if I had any other obligations to deal with.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!