Office Depot

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – I walked in and got hired. had to tak a drug test and strated the following week

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was one interview, where I was just asked basic questions, such as naming a time where I helped someone, a time where I went out of my way to help someone. "What makes you a good fit for Office Depot? Do you have any experience with computers, and computer accessories?" Easy things like that.

Interview Question – There wasn't a unexpected question   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2011.

Interview Details – My friend was working for the Office Depot here and set me up with an interview because the store was under staffed. I had a interview in-person with the assistant manager and the tech department manager around 3 minutes after they had me take a 100+ question test online. The test was standard one given by retail asking questions to determine your personality, experience, and morality. Was offered minimum wage working part-time with opportunities for advancement and commission so I accepted since there aren't many jobs around here. After working though I discovered a few issues with what I was told. To start I was pretty clear and applying there because on door it said, "We fix your computer here!" but later found out tech associates in-store don't really work on the computers just diagnose them. They even asked around 6 or 6 technical questions to, "judge my knowledge in the tech field" and while not saying I would fix computers it was implied. There also isn't really much opportunity for advancement, at least in this store, as I found out later that they can only have 5 people in-store that are full-time employees. The full-time people were the manager, assistant manager, 2 department managers, and a tech associate. Finally, the commission is not what they make it out to be. It is determined store wide, not on personal sales. So if the store slacks then you won't earn anything. So although not a negative experience it definitely wasn't a positive one. At my store they don't straight lie to you, but they do omit certain details. It is technically my fault for not finding more out on my own, but they could've also specified details rather than leading me to believe a certain way.

Interview Questions

• A customer brings a desktop computer in and says it won't turn on, what steps would you take to figure out what the issue is?   View Answer
  • A customer comes into the store and asks you, "I have a wireless network printer at my house. It has worked fine for the last 4 or 5 months then yesterday it just stopped printing from my laptop. My wife's laptop can print just fine to it and so can my desktop. What is the issue?" I then gave answer A) to which they asked, "Like what?" to which I gave answer B)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really able to negotiate on anything other than what times I could work if I had any other obligations to deal with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot Customer Service Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees and interview candidates.