Office Depot Department Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smyrna, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Just like any other interview in retail. Very easy interview but Office Depot focus only on making the customer happy so any questions like that come up you will know how to answer them. The customer could be dead wrong but they will make them happy

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle and outrate customer who was wrong?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2011.

Long and drawn out. Took over a month to receive an official offer. Interviews were pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had an unexpected emergency come up?   View Answer
    No real negotiation phase. Offer came through pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2009.

Very low key interview. You will be interviewed twice. Usually once by the ASM and once by the Store manager. If they send you to Drug testing that means you got the job (As long as you pass).

Questions will be based on your experiences with customers, and if you haven't worked in a retail environment they will ask you to relate it to other job experience.

Make sure you know about the position you are applying for before going into the interview. They will ask you questions regarding the type of work you will be doing.

Interview Questions
    • "How did you handle a customer who was Irritate over her/his service"

They will also ask questions not on the interview guide, so be ready for a few curve balls they might ask you about your personal life, or about other jobs. Make sure you don't bad mouth any of your other jobs, or the employers you worked for.
        View Answer
    Good Luck Negotiating. They have set amounts they can pay you, and the hours they cant really mess with too much.

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Easy interview, just wear nice clothes and shave. As long as you pass the 110 question survey you will get the offer.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot.

I was contacted bya a thier company recruter after emailing my resume to their HR department. First was a phone interview, then two face to face interviews with other store managers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was what do you expect to make working here? All the other questions were read right from a company script, which were the textbook type of interview questions anyone can find on the internet.   View Answer
    I had to negotiate the offer up about 20% because Office Depot pays at the bottom of the industry scale. I was able to do so becaues I have 15 years in retail management experience in the exact same industry. I was negotiating with a very new strore manager and so there was very little preasure and back and forth negotiation.

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Customer experience, retail experience, tech experience, decision quality

na

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2008.

2 interviews, drug test, and background check

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2011.

Interview consisted of 4 separate interviews over a course of 4 weeks. Interviewed with the store manager, assistant manager, district manager, and then the store manager and assistant manager together. Each interview took between 1-2 hours. These people take this company and their management positions very seriously. After each interview I waited 3 days before I called in to "check the status" of everything. Being persistent with this company is a must to get your foot in the door. Interview questions were very basic. Asking what kind of person you are, how much experience you have, what types of experience you have, how long you want to be with the company, how high would you like to go with the company, etc. If you are selected for the position, you have to go to a training store for 4 weeks of paid training if you are an outside hire, and 3 weeks if you are an inside promotion. Training can be a little stressful because you will be paired up with the store manager for a majority of the time as far as your shifts go, so be prepared to go to work at 5am every day. Once training is complete, you start your position at your store.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. What you get offered is what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2009.

Office Depot participated on a job fair in Puerto Rico. Office Depot was opening for the first time in the island. I left my resume. Then I was called for an interview adn a week later I was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked are generic questions.. NO surprise questions.   View Answer
    It was okay.

Anonymous Employee  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2010.

I had originally applied to one store and was declined for an interview, but was referred to the manager of another store who called me for an interview. Before I could be considered for an interview I had to take a 100+ question evaluation. WOuld have loved to work there, but I didn't get called for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!