Office Depot

2.2

CPD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2012.

Talk to a manager, be related to current employee. in my case, I talked to a manager four years ago, and this year they had an opening, after I applied to every branch in the region, in every way available, and made every bold statement that doesn't oblige an excuse.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work for minimum wage?   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in April 2011.

First contact was a phone screening by HR. The next step was a series of interviews with various team members which took about a half day. There were 2 to 3 people in each interview. Last step was meeting with the director.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the it portfolio strategy you would recommend for Office Depot?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2010.

The hiring manager will call and schedule an interview during that week he/she contacted you. They essential carry a list of questions about your achievements made, knowledge prior to applying for the job, dealing with customer issues, and resolving disputes. If they feel you have a potential for the position, a second interview is scheduled with the store manager. It is his/her final decision for employment. After a successful interview, he/she will hand over paperwork for drug testing. Finally, they send you on store tour to know where things are and scan IDs for record purposes. All uniform attire is ordered online. None is provided.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a situation where you have had problem and the steps you took to solve it?   View Answer
    Pay and uniforms were not negotiable. You either took it or moved on. The positions description was set with no changes allowed.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Be prepared to discuss past sales experience and what lead to your success. What will you be bringing to Office Depot as part of your skill set. HR will interview you first via phone and then a panel of managers will interview you. You must be able to demonstrate stability at prior roles and job histories with short tenures will be addressed. The STAR format of questioning is used and that is how answers should be provided.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure in your last role and what did you do to learn from it.   Answer Question

Print Production/Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

Had a phone Interveiw with the district manager for about 45 minutes. Was then called in to the facility and the operations manager. Interveiwed for another hour an a half. Then was grilled by the 2 leads on the floor. No follow-up and no job offer. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Concerning Individual product's quality control and how to manage it.   View Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Office Depot.

To start: I was career switcher and didn't have any Merchandising experience when pursuing an Assistant Merchant job, but I did have 10 years of management and director level experience in operations. That was very hard to overcome since I was viewed as "over qualified". I was prescreened by HR, which consisted of a 15 minute conversation covering high level qualifying questions for the position and pay. I was then scheduled for a day of interviews with 8 hiring Directors. Each interviewed was a two person panel that lasted about 45 minutes. The interview style varied but the core questions were the same from all. I didn't receive an offer. The feedback I received from a few interviewers: internal candidates offered more relevant experience; not having retail experience put me at a disadvantage; my level of experience over qualified me.

The result: I got a 9th interview a few weeks later and received an offer. That interview stemmed from recommendations given by a few of the hiring Directors.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a litany of "how would you handle" questions. These questions covered many critical problems Merchants face. Inventory issues, retail space problems, product issues, uncompetitive pricing, loss of marketing space...etc.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I asked. My offer was based on my career experience.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot.

It was a very LONG process. Here was the process:
    -Phone screening by HR recruiter
    -Phone screeing by hiring Director
    -Long Wait (8 plus month)
    -On-site interview at DC with Director of Operations and HR Manager
    -Long wait (4 month)
    -On-site interview with hiring director and 6 other employees in different departments (Panel interview, behavioural questions, case study review and presentation)

Interview Questions
    • The business case had a lot of information to review, analyze and develop strategies in 75 minutes.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

3 interview stages; first was an AC, second with the HR; third with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • This was a junior position, but I was bombarded with manager level questions.   Answer Question

Director Supply Chain Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in December 2008.

The initial preparation was conducted by a series of meetings with a retained recruiter and a written response to a series of questions that should have clarified my background and determined my suitability for the role/responsiblity defined. Unfortunately, this did not appear to happen in the ultimate in person interview which required a day of travel and was in my view condensed to a 2 hour block of time fielding questions from a 3 person panel. The fact that another candidate was being interviewed simultaniously while logistically understandbly certainly lowered the prestige of the role and may have contributed negatively towards the whole process.

My initial impression of the interviewers is that they had NOT read the prior written material, and therefore may have either been surprised or disappointed with my background which truly is a waste of time for all parties. The panel interview is unfortunate and probably unnecessary for senior level roles - especially when individual interiews would offer each interviewer more time to satisfy their own objectives.

I was not pleased with the speed by which they dismissed my candidacy and their feedback was more personal [e.g. style or non-verbal cues] which was infuriating given that the format they chose ensured that the "dialogue" would either be stilted or too quick for a thorough response...

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2008.

Overall interview consisted of very detailed questions about my skills, and experience. Many of my experiences were analyzed very critically. However there was much respect and understanding, along with wonderful conversation as to what future is available with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that pertained to the improvement of sales as it relates to the new industry I was interviewing for.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were very straight forward and to the point.