Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview they asked a set of questions and the second interview they asked another set. In the second interview, I was asked to sell something. The interviewer really made everything casual and was really approachable. It was a one on one interview. People came in and out of the room sometimes.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Jacksonville, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job online and was contacted via phone. I came in for an interview with an assistant manager. We interviewed in a small office in the back of the store. It was obviously a set of pre-made corporate questions. They were textbook sales/retail questions.

Interview Questions

• Background: I have had a huge grey streak(think Storm/Elvira/etc.) since I was a kid. I was about 25/26 at the time of this interview.

The manager asked..."Are you aware that we here at OD have a strict Employee Appearance Policy?" They then tapped on the top of their head, looking straight at my hair, and seemed perplexed. I was taken aback, and there was an awkward silence.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight to the point, I was asked if I had and customer service experience and if I am comfortable talking to different people and selling to customers, them they asked if I could work any shift, as and at that present time I told them I could.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It was a one on one experience where the employer asked you the usual questions. There is a second interview shortly after the first if they are interested in hiring. Also a drug test/background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I came in for an interview after applying for three different positions and ended up getting exactly what I wanted. The great thing about the process is that there is substantial information and training provided for just about every position.

Interview Questions

• What are my expectations?
      Describe what I did at my old job.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Brunswick, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I came into an Office Depot store and asked if they were hiring for tech positions, at the time there was a position called "Technology Services Specialist", which was separate from the general sales position. The tech-on-duty asked me questions, which she relayed my answers back to her manager. I hired on the spot, but told to complete an application and standard retail/sales personality assessment for formality/corporate. I did this and got a call within a week from the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you discharge static electricity before opening a computer for service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called the store two days later asking of the status of my application. While on the phone i was given an interview date and time, just like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Charlotte, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview went really easy. Manager asked me about myself and my skills. Asked me to sell him a product (a stapler). I got a call a week later for training.

AE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Recruiter, was given a script and did not seek
    to match candidate and requirements.
    The interview was with several divisions and a matrix if people. Prepare to understand the company as a whole. Dress very conservative a old school group, very Xerox interview style..

Interview Questions

• Pre-determined stock questions.
      Review your resume?
      What customers can you bring us?

Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple, the role had a budget and the hiring manager did not budge.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Fullerton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I thought they wouldn't call me but they did in about a few days after I applied. The interview was pretty easy overall. If they are really in need of someone they will call you in a few days. The interviewer will probably ask different questions if you had experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• One question was tell me about yourself, who doesn't ask this question.   1 Answer