Office Depot

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.2

Account Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Fairly simple with the Sales Manager of the region. I received my first call from the recruiter. She had found my resume online on Monster. She phoned and we spoke at length. Then she setup and interview with the local manager. This took only a week or so. The interview was simple and lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer letter about 1 week following the interview.

The first offer was acceptable

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in May 2013.

Tried to apply online but a very terrible job search website. Had a friend who worked at the store talk to the manager who gave me the exact job number to apply for.

Very average interview. Was being interviewed by manager in training and the store manager briefly stepped in to say hello. Extremely generic questions, interviewer got tired of the questions (obviously provided by corporate) and we just talked about general stuff regarding sales.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any previous sales experience?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went in the store and asked for an application, the manager told me to apply online then call the store and as for her. I did that and I was called back two days later, went in for an interview the next week, it was pretty easy, be yourself. Plus the manager was pretty cool. Hired on the spot, started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic. Nothing to be afraid of. Ex: What would you do if you gave an Idea to a customer and they said no... something like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Developer Interview

Headhunter contact me and prepare for interview. phone call interview, writing exam. Interview for twice, questions including multi-threading, ajax, jquery, database, JAVA architecture, java IO, Java Exceptions, Stringbuilder, JSP, servlet, Struts.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Started by submitting application, I didn't hear anything back after 5 days and happened to stop by their location on a whim, I figured I was in the neighborhood and it'd have been a great opportunity to display my initiative for the job. I spoke with a store manager and he scheduled an interview for the next day. During the initial interview I was impressed by how well it went, I was asked hypotheticals and a lot about my background. It went awesome. He did me a huge favor by helping me get in touch with a store closer to home. An hour later I received a telephone call from said location and they wanted to set up another interview the next day. It was considered my second interview and it went exceptionally well. More questions about work history, asked to give examples of how I've demonstrated so and so, more hypotheticals. It all went smoothly and was offered the job on the spot. I enjoyed the interview process. Office Depot knows what they're doing.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example about a time in which you've tried your hardest to succeed and meet expectations but failed.   Answer Question
    I'm in line for a few more interviews this week, but I'm more than interested and enthused in joining the Office Depot Team. They seem like great, exceptional people.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in September 2014.

Assistant interviewed me and told me I was recommended for second interview. Never received the second interview at all. The manager just changed her mind. Misleading me and I was very qualified for the position. Also they seemed eager to have you there but that was not true either, because they never gave me a chance at what I know I could do.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2014.

I applied online and almost immediately was called in for an interview the following day. The hiring manager told me that he had scheduled me in for the afternoon at three, without any notice. I made it to the site 10 minutes early and had to wait 30 mins for the hiring manager to see me. While I was waiting the people there were friendly, albeit unenthusiastic. It appears as the people who work there don't enjoy it as much. We went into his office and he asked me three simple questions. I asked him several. Anyways I left him my resume and that was that. I didn't hear from them again but that's fine they were only offering 10.00 an hour and I just got hired at a base of 13.00 an hour plus salary.

Interview Questions
    • He only asked three questions, so the most difficult would be "What was your previous work experience like"   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

The interview process is fast. However, it is the on boarding process that takes a little long and some times can be frustrating. But it is fun place to work so in my case, I didn't feel it. The managers and the directors are so nice that they facilitated the process to make it even shorter.

nice and welcoming

Assistant Manager Interview

interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

Initial telephone with a store manager from a different store than the one you are applying for. Follow up with face to face interview with another store manager. A third interview with the district manager. They were very respectful.The questions are fairly standard. I blew through them without any difficulty. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

There was a brief and friendly interview that mostly concentrated on what skills I could bring to the company. The remainder of the interview was mostly concentrated on the history and culture of the company, their dedication to customer service and the position of the company among its direct national competitors and the achievements of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of personal resourcefulness in a customer service situation.   Answer Question
    A salary was offered and I accepted it.