Office Depot

228 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – was not expecting to get hired but now i am in I am actually sad. Paid is so important to me because that is what us workers need. The interview is easy to get in but don't let them fool you. They will not agree to what they said and paid you as less as possible. It is just barely to minimum

Interview Question – when is your available and how can you not pass the basic test?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the HR people then an in person interview with 2 managers. They have you come in to the office and both ask you a bunch of questions, the standard kinds of questions, nothing too crazy.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you lol!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate.

Sales Consultant I Interview

Sales Consultant I
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – was contacted for an interview with the hiring manager which went successfully, contacted for a second interview with the store manager which was harder, then asked to complete a drug test

Interview Question – made me pitch a sales to him using one of the object around right on the spot without notice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, told they start at minimum wage

Sales and Services Manager Interview

Sales and Services Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was subjected to two formal interviews and a final hiring meeting. There was some consternation over which district location needed me so that likely prolonged the overall process. Ultimately I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They indicated that the position usually started at $14.50 and I negotiated upward to $16.

Solution Development Manager Copy, Print & Promotional Development Interview

Solution Development Manager Copy, Print & Promotional Development
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed very organized yet unclear on how the bonus structure worked, yet I was satisfied with the bonus once I received it.

Interview Question – Driving sense of urgency in this category of Copy, Print & Promotional Development   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details – Two intervies with two different store managers. Typical behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Service Solutions Manager Interview

Service Solutions Manager
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – Spoke with Larissa Nichols. Explained the job details and made me feel comfortable the entire time. She was very open to answering questions.

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer came in screaming at you about a product that wasn't purchased at your store, but they wanted you to fix the problem anyway?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Balcones Heights, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out online application, go in talk to management and take assessment, come back for second interview, and wait for call back. Entire process with drug test and background check may take 2 weeks or so.

Interview Question – Most questions were based on experiences.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Start your negotiation high and work down.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was kind disjointed. the application process was difficult. the website was hard to navigate. once in i had 2 interviews. 1 with asst manager and one with store manager. both fairly easy. then drug screen and background check.

Interview Question – what was a bad situation with a customer and how did i handle it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2013.

Interview Details – behavioral interview model. requires that the interview is more input from the applicant and less dragging information out on the part of the interviewer. Be prepared to give real world job experience answers to questions such as "Tell me about a time when", or "Give me an example of"..."Tell me about a situation when you"

Interview Question – What do you think your most difficult challenge will be if you are offered this position?   View Answer