Office Depot

200 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Depot Interview

Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2012.

Interview Details – There was nothing surprising about the interview. It was pretty basic and it was only for a part-time job so don't be too afraid of this.

Interview Question – What's your interest in working here?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Customer Service Specialist I
Waxahachie, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Solutions Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Regional Manager, who was let go on Friday, 31st after 25 years of service. Interviewed with VP who has never managed a sales team

Interview Question – How well did I know the position that I was interviewing for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher base because of the level of experience I brought to the company

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Hallandale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process quick and efficient. Once you applied, you would have to first take an assessment in store to find out more about your skills and decisions during certain scenarios. After completed and you did well, they will give you a call to do a one on one interview which is fairly easy and is the same as most other interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask the average pay and use your skills and qualifications to increase that amount if necessary.

CCS Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – Few questions about selling

Interview Question – What would you do if...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Store Team Leader Interview

Store Team Leader
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – Apply for the job, Be honest, first interview is with the DM, then with the HR. Looking for sales and services minded leaders.

Interview Question – Describe your leadership style   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Customer Service Associate I
Champaign, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took longer than expected but the one on one interview was not very difficult. Previous customer service experience is a plus, as the company revolves around this more than others in the type of emphasis they put in it. It is like an indoctrination process. You will most likely be interviewed by the general store manager, so please be prepared with knowledge about the company prior to the interview. Also, it helps to overdress even if this is only another one of those retail jobs. First impression counts. The personality test can be difficult but not impossible to pass. One of the primary reasons that stores are understaffed is that they have a hard time hiring, as prospective candidates don't seem to be able to pass the personality and customer service test. On the test, select no other answer options but either "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree." Read about best customer service practices in retail and direct selling as well. If you are good with technology, try to apply for a position in tech services, definitely not freight and logistics unless you want to show up at 7am to stock items on the sales floor.

Interview Question – How would you go about selling X ? (Could be a pencil or any other of the items they carry in office supplies or technology)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't try to bid for more because they will start you at minimum wage anyway. However, it is still worth to ask. I had already graduated, my girlfriend still in school, so I had to take this job anyway. I tried negotiating for more but was given only 10 cents more than what I was earning at my previous job while still in grad school. Not the best retail job but way better than working in food services though, for sure.

Database Manager Interview

Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in December 2010.

Interview Details – Told me exactly what the job entailed and the upcoming conversion.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was very straight forward.

Interview Question – How would you approach a customer whose computer crashed completely while getting repaired?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Customer Service Specialist I
Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in July 2009.

Interview Details – The process is fairly simple. I applied in person with a paper application. This has changed to an online application with the same exact format. Then I came in to take an "Assessment Test" and was called back a few days later. The interview was basic. I recommend dressing business casual when taking the test and for the interview.

Interview Question – Am I willing to fulfill their expectations?   View Answer