Office Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me everything about my resume' jobs Ive worked for and positions Ive been in and asked me detailed questions about those areas and how i handled each situation. basic interview nonetheless and talked about the postition i was applying for.

Interview Question – none. its was a easy and basic interview process   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details – Several telephone interviews. Mock sales call. Face-to-face interview

Interview Question – Mock interview was the most difficult   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – I walked in and got hired. had to tak a drug test and strated the following week

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Smyrna, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview Details – Just like any other interview in retail. Very easy interview but Office Depot focus only on making the customer happy so any questions like that come up you will know how to answer them. The customer could be dead wrong but they will make them happy

Interview Question – How would you handle and outrate customer who was wrong?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, plus a 125+ question "personality test"... ridiculous effort to put in for a part-time, minimum wage job!

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" (vague question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist III Interview

Customer Service Specialist III

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – One interview, and one in store survey.
Standard interview with a focus on communication skills, and ability to sell various products and services. Must convey a willingness to learn, and the ability to adapt to different sales situations.

Interview Question – There was not a particularly difficult question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – Test to determine if a Hunter or Farmer, if passed then expect a panel interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions...nothing really out of the ordingaty   Answer Question

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

Copy and Print Specialist
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2012.

Interview Details – You have to apply online through the corporate Web site, but you are unlikely to get an interview if you don't show up and bug them in person.

Interview Question – What do you think is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – Typical Interview Questions, Tell me about your previous job, What are your stengths-oppurtunities. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – Why did you apply?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made offer, I declined and counter offered.

Associate Store Manager Interview

Associate Store Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – Saw a sign saying they were hiring while I was shopping there. TT an associate who said I could list him as a referral source & if I got hired he'd get a whopping $100 referral bonus! Should've been an indicator right there. From there assessment, f2f w/ store mgr from location applied at, f2f w/ different store mgr for another perspective, phone int w/ district manager & then oh' wait we filled that position, but we're looking for another Assistant Store Mgr at Office Max location cuz we just merged w/ them. Another f2f with that store mgr & then received vm saying I was better suited for a sales spec position that starts at $11/hour or $22k/yr. They put me through the ringer for a position that starts at $15.20/hour?!?!

Interview Question – nothing unexpected ur usual situational ?'s   Answer Question