Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in July 2013.

The process was quick and easy; interview questions were very run of the mill and did not cause too much difficulty. If you have interviewed for any other entry level customer service position, especially in a retail setting, you can glide through this. Typical questions include best and worst experiences as a customer, worst work situation you've dealt with, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest obstacle you've faced while working in customer service.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was essentially offered the job on the spot and the salary was already set with no room to ask up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

The hiring process took a little over two week. The first experience I had was with a department manager who was assured through my computer background I'd get hired. I took the online assessment and was told to come back in 3-4 days. I did so and when I came in I was told the store manager was busy and couldn't talk to me today, again I was told to come back the following week. Finally, during the third meeting I was interviewed and initially hired on part-time after waiting a week.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

was not expecting to get hired but now i am in I am actually sad. Paid is so important to me because that is what us workers need. The interview is easy to get in but don't let them fool you. They will not agree to what they said and paid you as less as possible. It is just barely to minimum

Interview Questions
    • when is your available and how can you not pass the basic test?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2013.

Phone interview with the HR people then an in person interview with 2 managers. They have you come in to the office and both ask you a bunch of questions, the standard kinds of questions, nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate.

Sales Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

was contacted for an interview with the hiring manager which went successfully, contacted for a second interview with the store manager which was harder, then asked to complete a drug test

Interview Questions
    • made me pitch a sales to him using one of the object around right on the spot without notice   Answer Question
    no negotiation, told they start at minimum wage

Sales and Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in December 2013.

I was subjected to two formal interviews and a final hiring meeting. There was some consternation over which district location needed me so that likely prolonged the overall process. Ultimately I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    They indicated that the position usually started at $14.50 and I negotiated upward to $16.

Solution Development Manager Copy, Print & Promotional Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2012.

Seemed very organized yet unclear on how the bonus structure worked, yet I was satisfied with the bonus once I received it.

Interview Questions
    • Driving sense of urgency in this category of Copy, Print & Promotional Development   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Two intervies with two different store managers. Typical behavioral questions.

Service Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Spoke with Larissa Nichols. Explained the job details and made me feel comfortable the entire time. She was very open to answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer came in screaming at you about a product that wasn't purchased at your store, but they wanted you to fix the problem anyway?   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Balcones Heights, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Balcones Heights, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

Fill out online application, go in talk to management and take assessment, come back for second interview, and wait for call back. Entire process with drug test and background check may take 2 weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were based on experiences.   View Answer
    Start your negotiation high and work down.