Office Depot

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Filled out application and was called in for interview

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

The most frustrating interview process I have ever been a part of. The process took 3 interviews on separate days spread over 20 days for a part-time position of 20 hours or less. I applied for customer service but when interviewed, they asked me which position I would be interested in out of 3 options including one that stocked the shelves early in the morning. I said I would be open to any position but would be very interested in the stocking position because in the back of my mind, I knew it would work well with my full-time job hours. The manager then told me that it is a high-demand position that requires meeting deadlines and made it seem like I would not be a fit for the job because of that, yet my resume and interviews stated that I have plenty of experience in such positions. From what I got from the two managers who interviewed me, Office Depot is not a company an employee can "grow with" but yet they wanted me to be available for any shifts during the week because the schedule will vary, making it impossible to maintain a second job unless you can find graveyard shifts while Office Depot is closed. Then to add to the comedy, you have to pay for the shirts you are required to wear, which at two shirts, would be equal to my income for a day of work. No thanks. I am not a fan of giving someone 20 hours or less and spreading it out over 5 days like in my case where I would have almost 2 hours for a commute, just to work 4 hours per day. As someone who dealt with hiring and employee relations, it was painful to be interviewed by people who have no business doing so with generic questions they print out off a computer right in front of you. I received an offer without any position title or any mention of the pay, so I just declined the offer as I did not think the company made a good impression at all.

Interview Questions

They want to offer you 20 hours or less but somehow expect you to work varying schedules every week to prevent you from picking up a second job. My managers made it seem like growing with the company is incredibly rare which is not a good sign. Have to pay for uniforms and just got the impression that this was just a job for high school/college kids who were looking for a few extra bucks.

Sales Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

was contacted for an interview with the hiring manager which went successfully, contacted for a second interview with the store manager which was harder, then asked to complete a drug test

Interview Questions
    • made me pitch a sales to him using one of the object around right on the spot without notice   Answer Question
    no negotiation, told they start at minimum wage

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

30 minute phone interview with two managers with basic questions about current similar position. The entire process felt unprofessional and not as standard as other interviews. It took three months to get an offer and there was only one interview. Very slow and awkward process to say the least. The company has moved lots employees around based on the merger, who have no previous experience in their current roles.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific sales numbers of current position.   Answer Question

The salary offer was lower than my current salary which they were aware of. HR and Legal runs the company and will not negotiate much based on HR rules. Must be applying for Director role or hire to obtain better negotiation options.

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

The interview process is fast. However, it is the on boarding process that takes a little long and some times can be frustrating. But it is fun place to work so in my case, I didn't feel it. The managers and the directors are so nice that they facilitated the process to make it even shorter.

nice and welcoming

Ccs Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Few questions about selling

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

3 interviews, plus a 125+ question "personality test"... ridiculous effort to put in for a part-time, minimum wage job!

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

The Interview was Very Simple talk to the manager and if he likes you, he will hire you on the spot... also i came to realize that the starting pay isn't very competitive so be aware of that when you start but overall its very simple just be yourself they mainly ask about you as a person...

Interview Questions
    • When someone was upset at another job what did you do to make it better   Answer Question
    I didn't just accepted what was offered