Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.2

Ccs Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Few questions about selling

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

3 interviews, plus a 125+ question "personality test"... ridiculous effort to put in for a part-time, minimum wage job!

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

The Interview was Very Simple talk to the manager and if he likes you, he will hire you on the spot... also i came to realize that the starting pay isn't very competitive so be aware of that when you start but overall its very simple just be yourself they mainly ask about you as a person...

Interview Questions
    • When someone was upset at another job what did you do to make it better   Answer Question
    I didn't just accepted what was offered

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

Saw a sign saying they were hiring while I was shopping there. TT an associate who said I could list him as a referral source & if I got hired he'd get a whopping $100 referral bonus! Should've been an indicator right there. From there assessment, f2f w/ store mgr from location applied at, f2f w/ different store mgr for another perspective, phone int w/ district manager & then oh' wait we filled that position, but we're looking for another Assistant Store Mgr at Office Max location cuz we just merged w/ them. Another f2f with that store mgr & then received vm saying I was better suited for a sales spec position that starts at $11/hour or $22k/yr. They put me through the ringer for a position that starts at $15.20/hour?!?!

Sales and Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in December 2013.

I was subjected to two formal interviews and a final hiring meeting. There was some consternation over which district location needed me so that likely prolonged the overall process. Ultimately I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    They indicated that the position usually started at $14.50 and I negotiated upward to $16.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Before you get called in forja interview you have to take a test on a compter. You probably already know this test.. It's where they ask you a series of 'what would you do if.....' type questions. If you pass those questions then you will get a call back for an interview. Got called back within a few days for a face to face interview with the assistant manager and was asked the simple regular questions. Told that they where going to interview some more and then they would make a decision. Got a call a couple days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Because of being a sales position i was asked to demonstrate how to sale a computer on the spot. Not really difficult but it was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot in November 2013.

Applied for position online. Went through automated assessment which includes a few vague situational questions that left me unsure of what they were looking for. Received a call a couple weeks later from HR. The woman was screening for applicants that she felt were qualified to move on to a live interview. I was asked to come in after she confirmed that my profile fit the position. (To be honest, she seemed to be a bit of an 'air head'). Next interview was with someone from HR. Meeting was brief. Then met with an assistant general manager. He was well-rehearsed with canned questions regarding "what would you do if...?" and "when you made a mistake how did you fix it?" He didn't appear to be listening to my answers. In fact, most of the time I had to sit and listen to him brag about how successful he was and, basically, 'this place couldn't run without me' kind of attitude. I thought, "if this is the person I'm going to be reporting to, maybe I should just keep looking." The ego was too much. It's been a few weeks and I haven't heard back. And, in reality, I hope I don't.

Interview Questions
    • If you review the basic behavioral questions that most companies ask and have an experience to share you will be way ahead of the person that interviewed me. But be prepared to listen to a lot of egotistical bragging. It's unreal.   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

They take forever to get back to you for an interview. Was promised an interview and they never called and would pick up the phone and not be able to answer any questions

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

After a resume drop, I was notified that I made the 2nd round and sent a long written questionnaire. A week or two later I had 2 phone interviews with HR and then a phone interview with a senior manager in the department I would be working with. Typical questions for the most part, it seemed to be more of a cultural fit interview. There was also a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been faced with an ethical problem in the workplace? Describe.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in October 2013.

It was very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a customer whose computer crashed completely while getting repaired?   Answer Question