Office Depot Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Freight and Logistics/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2012.

The interview was fairly easy.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Office Depot.

Filled out application and was called in for interview

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2013.

1) Applied online 2) phone interview with a contract recruiter 3) Took sales assessment 4) in person interview with consultant 5) in person interview with Sales manager 6) job offer

I didn't negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2012.

I really did not have an interview. I was fortunate enough to be available for the promotion to Store Manager as several managers were leaving.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

The most frustrating interview process I have ever been a part of. The process took 3 interviews on separate days spread over 20 days for a part-time position of 20 hours or less. I applied for customer service but when interviewed, they asked me which position I would be interested in out of 3 options including one that stocked the shelves early in the morning. I said I would be open to any position but would be very interested in the stocking position because in the back of my mind, I knew it would work well with my full-time job hours. The manager then told me that it is a high-demand position that requires meeting deadlines and made it seem like I would not be a fit for the job because of that, yet my resume and interviews stated that I have plenty of experience in such positions. From what I got from the two managers who interviewed me, Office Depot is not a company an employee can "grow with" but yet they wanted me to be available for any shifts during the week because the schedule will vary, making it impossible to maintain a second job unless you can find graveyard shifts while Office Depot is closed. Then to add to the comedy, you have to pay for the shirts you are required to wear, which at two shirts, would be equal to my income for a day of work. No thanks. I am not a fan of giving someone 20 hours or less and spreading it out over 5 days like in my case where I would have almost 2 hours for a commute, just to work 4 hours per day. As someone who dealt with hiring and employee relations, it was painful to be interviewed by people who have no business doing so with generic questions they print out off a computer right in front of you. I received an offer without any position title or any mention of the pay, so I just declined the offer as I did not think the company made a good impression at all.

Interview Questions

They want to offer you 20 hours or less but somehow expect you to work varying schedules every week to prevent you from picking up a second job. My managers made it seem like growing with the company is incredibly rare which is not a good sign. Have to pay for uniforms and just got the impression that this was just a job for high school/college kids who were looking for a few extra bucks.

Office Depot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2012.

There was nothing surprising about the interview. It was pretty basic and it was only for a part-time job so don't be too afraid of this.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Solutions Development Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in April 2013.

Interviewed with Regional Manager, who was let go on Friday, 31st after 25 years of service. Interviewed with VP who has never managed a sales team

Interview Questions
    • How well did I know the position that I was interviewing for?   View Answer
    Negotiated a higher base because of the level of experience I brought to the company

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hallandale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

Hiring process quick and efficient. Once you applied, you would have to first take an assessment in store to find out more about your skills and decisions during certain scenarios. After completed and you did well, they will give you a call to do a one on one interview which is fairly easy and is the same as most other interview.

Interview Questions
    Ask the average pay and use your skills and qualifications to increase that amount if necessary.