Office Depot Interview Questions

2.2

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2012.

You have to apply online through the corporate Web site, but you are unlikely to get an interview if you don't show up and bug them in person.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Typical Interview Questions, Tell me about your previous job, What are your stengths-oppurtunities. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions
    They made offer, I declined and counter offered.

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

Saw a sign saying they were hiring while I was shopping there. TT an associate who said I could list him as a referral source & if I got hired he'd get a whopping $100 referral bonus! Should've been an indicator right there. From there assessment, f2f w/ store mgr from location applied at, f2f w/ different store mgr for another perspective, phone int w/ district manager & then oh' wait we filled that position, but we're looking for another Assistant Store Mgr at Office Max location cuz we just merged w/ them. Another f2f with that store mgr & then received vm saying I was better suited for a sales spec position that starts at $11/hour or $22k/yr. They put me through the ringer for a position that starts at $15.20/hour?!?!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

They want people who can sell anything over the phone

Freight and Logistics/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2012.

The interview was fairly easy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Office Depot.

Filled out application and was called in for interview

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2013.

1) Applied online 2) phone interview with a contract recruiter 3) Took sales assessment 4) in person interview with consultant 5) in person interview with Sales manager 6) job offer

I didn't negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2012.

I really did not have an interview. I was fortunate enough to be available for the promotion to Store Manager as several managers were leaving.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in February 2014.

The most frustrating interview process I have ever been a part of. The process took 3 interviews on separate days spread over 20 days for a part-time position of 20 hours or less. I applied for customer service but when interviewed, they asked me which position I would be interested in out of 3 options including one that stocked the shelves early in the morning. I said I would be open to any position but would be very interested in the stocking position because in the back of my mind, I knew it would work well with my full-time job hours. The manager then told me that it is a high-demand position that requires meeting deadlines and made it seem like I would not be a fit for the job because of that, yet my resume and interviews stated that I have plenty of experience in such positions. From what I got from the two managers who interviewed me, Office Depot is not a company an employee can "grow with" but yet they wanted me to be available for any shifts during the week because the schedule will vary, making it impossible to maintain a second job unless you can find graveyard shifts while Office Depot is closed. Then to add to the comedy, you have to pay for the shirts you are required to wear, which at two shirts, would be equal to my income for a day of work. No thanks. I am not a fan of giving someone 20 hours or less and spreading it out over 5 days like in my case where I would have almost 2 hours for a commute, just to work 4 hours per day. As someone who dealt with hiring and employee relations, it was painful to be interviewed by people who have no business doing so with generic questions they print out off a computer right in front of you. I received an offer without any position title or any mention of the pay, so I just declined the offer as I did not think the company made a good impression at all.

Interview Questions

They want to offer you 20 hours or less but somehow expect you to work varying schedules every week to prevent you from picking up a second job. My managers made it seem like growing with the company is incredibly rare which is not a good sign. Have to pay for uniforms and just got the impression that this was just a job for high school/college kids who were looking for a few extra bucks.