Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Lubbock, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week. the interview was 1:1 with the store manager and then after a week I was contacted by the store manager about a job offer

Interview Questions

• general knowledge of store and what store sells. questions relating to computer knowledge   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (High Point, NC).

Interview

I had applied online via the office depot website and from there the process took a month due to technical difficulties with processing background checks for the company. Once I had filled out an application online it took about a week before I received a call from the assistant store manager, who asked me to come in and complete the computer test which had roughly 123 questions just asking about you and your personality and different store scenarios. A few days passed before I called the store back since the manger was on vacation when I took the computer test but he asked me to come in to see the assistant manager again for the initial interview Once I completed the initial interview the store manager called me back for the second interview where we talked about Office Depot, the different "zones" in the store and what I can bring to the table as an employee, he also had me pitch a sale by trying to sell the pen in his hand to him, he said I did very well and asked me to fill out the paper to do the background check A week passed before I heard back from him he said it was due to him typing my name wrong in the system so they were unable to locate me once he realized the issue and fixed it he called me and asked if I wanted to work from Office Depot of course I said yes, so I start July 3rd 2014 where he said we'll discuss pay and other things.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He said due to my experience I will have a little wiggle room, once I go to orientation he said we'll discuss this.

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I dropped off my completed application to the man running the cash register(the store manager). He was friendly and enthusiastic. I was asked to fill out a questionaire right then. I was called in for an interview a week or two later. After three short interviews I was sent for a drug test and was hired shortly there after.

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked me if I had another job.   1 Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Interview

You come in, they ask you some questions and see your aptitude for the position you applied for. It was quick. Second interview I left they wanted me to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and almost immediately was called in for an interview the following day. The hiring manager told me that he had scheduled me in for the afternoon at three, without any notice. I made it to the site 10 minutes early and had to wait 30 mins for the hiring manager to see me. While I was waiting the people there were friendly, albeit unenthusiastic. It appears as the people who work there don't enjoy it as much. We went into his office and he asked me three simple questions. I asked him several. Anyways I left him my resume and that was that. I didn't hear from them again but that's fine they were only offering 10.00 an hour and I just got hired at a base of 13.00 an hour plus salary.

Interview Questions

• He only asked three questions, so the most difficult would be "What was your previous work experience like"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Bogus interview with typical interview questions but first you have to pass a 30 minute survey. If call backed you have to have a drug test. Just some dress pants and a button up or a polo would be alright for this place. Some people show up in suits and ties and just look ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest day in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told you the pay. No room for negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

This was by all means the most ad hoc interview I have ever had. I interviewed with 3 managers in Austin, TX, all of whom were sitting at the table with me. These three people were the most unenthusiastic, flat and unimpressive people I have ever encountered in a business setting. In the interview, they asked me to tell them about my experience, after which the only other question was, do you have any questions for us? Had I not asked 5 questions the interview would have lasted 5 minutes. That was 30 minutes of my life I will never get back and were completely wasted. The thought of having to work with one of these three drones made me loose interest in pursuing an ISO position at Office Depot.

Interview Questions

• None, these people were in no way prepared for the interview.......   1 Answer

The managers were completely unenthusiastic and devoid of the slightest display of leadership. The most unimpressive managers I have ever encountered.

Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Office Depot (Metairie, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was slightly difficult because of the questions. Was interviewed by the store manager and then one of the department managers. The store manager asked the tough questions and the department manager was very relaxed which helped me relax. Store manager will hire anybody who can sell themselves even decently.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? How comfortable are you with numerical data? Greatest strength? Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Office Depot (Hamilton, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Normal interview type questions. They make sure you know your stuff if you're going to be a tech. They want you to work a lot even if you're only part time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable pay. Minimum wage. After a year, you get a 1.5% raise.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Was asked by the store manager if i was ready to give being an assistant a shot and i was willing to interview for the position. The interview took place a week later with our District Manager

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about yourself?   1 Answer