Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in August 2014.

Interview

Heard from an employee at the time that the store is hiring. So I went online and applied. Had an interview with the store manager and the interview was easy, mostly consisted of hiring managers talking and asking some simple questions

Customer Service Specialist-III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Blue Springs, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

A bit rushed, as I was transferring from the store I was initially hired on at and worked for for 4 and a half years to another store that was offering more hours with an opportunity for a management position.

Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Online application (1 hour), 130 question quiz in the store, 35 minute first interview, 1 1/2 hour second interview. It was a little lengthy for a part-time store position. I'm unsure why the application process is so drawn out. Happy I got the job but, hmm.

Interview Questions

• What defines good and bad customer service?   1 Answer
    • How do you talk to someone who's not pulling their weight in the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Never had an HR interview. Met with the hiring manager, a peer, and two levels of managers above the hiring manager. All were very respectful. All 4 of them are gone now though.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. One of the senior managers asked many technical questions about my background but nothing unfair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to get an increase in salary but I did get an increase in stock options.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barboursville, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Barboursville, WV).

Interview

Very Down to Earth interview! The associates were extremely helpful and super friendly. Manager really tried to fit me into their work environment regardless of the work position I applied for. They were also very informative about the position as well. They also made sure to answer any concerns that you may have as clearly as possible. Not a bad company. Highly recommend for college students that do not have wild school schedules unlike myself.

Interview Questions

My everyday schedule was too complex to work at the moment

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Interview process was OK. Looking for a HUNTER. Must be able to close new sales quickly. Don't expect much training. You'll have to learn on the fly. Company uses a lot of internal acronyms, even when speaking to customers.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to improve performance if your sales are not at 100%?   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Talk with recruiter on the phone, then group interview for 45 minutes, drug test, background check. Whole thing lasted about a month. Poor health benefits and little paid time off though.

Negotiation

they would not with me, but have heard others were able to

Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially, the interview was done after speaking to the Store Manager and it followed up with one interview where I was probed about a criminal record. Considering I've worked for the company before I don't believe that was a unnecessary conversation. All it took was a question and some initial investigation. Likewise, I didn't have anything to hide. After the interview I waited a week until I heard anything about the initial job, but given the week passed and I was hired the interview proved my word was my bond and I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I got hired during back to school it was very busy finally when the manager had time we went to his office for an interview,basic interview questions and at the end i received a job offer.

Negotiation

Na

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lubbock, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week. the interview was 1:1 with the store manager and then after a week I was contacted by the store manager about a job offer

Interview Questions

• general knowledge of store and what store sells. questions relating to computer knowledge   1 Answer