Office Depot

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online got a call for an interview it was 2;1 interview with store manager and his assistant.After interview went for a drug test and background check.Got a call in a week and started working.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in September 2013.

behavioral interview model. requires that the interview is more input from the applicant and less dragging information out on the part of the interviewer. Be prepared to give real world job experience answers to questions such as "Tell me about a time when", or "Give me an example of"..."Tell me about a situation when you"

Interview Questions
    • What do you think your most difficult challenge will be if you are offered this position?   View Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Balcones Heights, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Balcones Heights, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

Fill out online application, go in talk to management and take assessment, come back for second interview, and wait for call back. Entire process with drug test and background check may take 2 weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were based on experiences.   View Answer
    Start your negotiation high and work down.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Office Depot in August 2013.

The hiring process took a little over two week. The first experience I had was with a department manager who was assured through my computer background I'd get hired. I took the online assessment and was told to come back in 3-4 days. I did so and when I came in I was told the store manager was busy and couldn't talk to me today, again I was told to come back the following week. Finally, during the third meeting I was interviewed and initially hired on part-time after waiting a week.

District Manager Interview

Basic phone call screen and in person interview process; it was very quick process; took about 2 weeks from start to finish where the offer came in. The whole process was professional but lacked any real authentic interest; just seemed to want to get through it even though their interest level was good as I ultimately got the offer pending background screen process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time....not difficult but never easy to answer to fit the purpose of what they are looking for   Answer Question
    somewhat; offered a signing bonus; probably could have asked for more salary as their was some room it seems but I found their offer fair and did not want to go much higher and risk being too high

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online, completed assesment in store after receving call back wqithin 12 hours. After 4 hours I filled out background information and drug test, interviewed with the AGM, and GM. oay is 8.25 and hour max

None

Human Resources Intern Interview

Recruited from a campus recruiting event. Did a phone interview, and then an in-person interview with the hiring manager because I was local

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went into my local Office Depot because a friend told me they were hiring, I had applied online before hand and met the manager, He told me to fill out a simple quiz basicly asking for common sense stuff. After that I got the interview, took a drug test and that was it, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The manager gave me post it notes and asked me to sell them to him.   View Answer
    Set pay no negotiation.

Department Manager/Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter based on a resume I had posted with an on-line job board. We scheduled a time for a phone interview--the recruiter based in Chicago would call me at the appointed time. She was 15 minutes late, but the interview went well. She was very personable, and the questions were fairly standard behavioral questions--"Describe your most difficult sale", "Tell me about a time when you had a disappointed customer", "What did you enjoy most about your last job".

I asked some questions at the end, but it was left very positive. She said she was going to recommend me for an interview with the store manager. She said to be sure to complete the on-line application, and take the on-line assessment. If I do not hear anything within 2 days of completing that, to give her a call. She wanted to be sure I "did not fall through the cracks" because I was " a great candidate".

The on-line application took some time because there was not a job posting for the store for which I interviewed, and the system froze whenever I attempted to download my resume. I finally just copied and pasted it. I sent the recruiter an e-mail alerting her to the issues, and I also let her know that I had completed the assessment. The assessment is fairly standard, although some of the questions were a bit tricky--"I never lie", "I never think about not following the rules"--if you're really honest, you cannot say you Strongly Agree to those 2 (especially the first one). In any event it was all completed and I waited the two plus days--no word. I e-mailed the recruiter per her instructions--no word. I called the recruiter a couple of days later and left a voice message--no word. Obviously, I got the message and stopped following up.

I question the value of using 3rd party recruiters when they lie to candidates, and are too lazy to follow up as they promise. It certainly paints a poor picture for me of the quality of the employer--Office Depot in this instance--when they utilize such sloppy recruiters for such a key business function.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2013.

The process was quick and easy; interview questions were very run of the mill and did not cause too much difficulty. If you have interviewed for any other entry level customer service position, especially in a retail setting, you can glide through this. Typical questions include best and worst experiences as a customer, worst work situation you've dealt with, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest obstacle you've faced while working in customer service.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was essentially offered the job on the spot and the salary was already set with no room to ask up.