Office Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Columbia, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty standard. Panel interview.

Interview Question – I do not recall any specific questions that were particularly difficult or unexpected. Pretty standard interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much here is the pay - did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – After a resume drop, I was notified that I made the 2nd round and sent a long written questionnaire. A week or two later I had 2 phone interviews with HR and then a phone interview with a senior manager in the department I would be working with. Typical questions for the most part, it seemed to be more of a cultural fit interview. There was also a background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Have you ever been faced with an ethical problem in the workplace? Describe.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – Screening interview follows the same questions as all HR departments ask. The RM interview was intensive with no typical questions. Interview was all about customer loyalty and culture. She did most of the talking as I was Recruited from another company she promised lots and in the end delivered very little besides a really good salary.

Interview Question – She was very direct on relationships with previous managers and how well I woked with them on a one to one bases and on my own. She would not take the standard answers and wanted to know about the previous RM's personal l habits as well as their professional styles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stared the offer at 58 and we got to 70 before the agreement. It was all handed in the interview n wait no calls to HR for Approval.

Customer Service Specialist II Interview

Customer Service Specialist II
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in June 2011.

Interview Details – discussed past jobs, asked questions about different situation I had encountered, easy interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult that I remember - easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, was told they were "allowed" to give a higher amount (later found this not to be completely true)

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, called the manager to check on application the next day. I came in a day later to take the personality assessment on the copy center computerizes in the store. Within 3 days I received my first interview with the assistant manager which was friendly and imformative. The second interview a week later with the store manager. I took a drug test the same day at a different location across town and was called a week later when my results came back after the background check was also complete. I was offered the job but at a much lower rater than we had agreed on previously.

Interview Question – Most difficult thing was trying to get a hire salary than the minimum even with experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Consider taking this only if you want temp. work... you don't move up here.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in March 2012.

Interview Details – I went into the store first to introduce myself and get a feel for the people and location. Talked to a manger and really hit it off with her(unfortunately, no one tells you that the management changes every couple of months). Noted the all female management; thought that was awesome.

Sent in my application and a week later, maybe less got a phone call.
We set up an interview date and I went in, interviewed, and we set up another date immediately for the skills and personality test.
It was about 100 or so questions about situations and your role in a retail setting. You have to get a specific score and I got another phone call shortly thereafter.

Got trained for my cashier position in a couple of days and then was put out on the floor.

Be prepared to pick up other people's slack.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? or Why would you fit in here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing, really happened

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – Easy Process, not as structured as I expected. Very family feeling right from the start. Two interviews, your possible manager first then Senior management.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details – Long process, to apply and interviews went in at least 3 days within 2 weeks to fill out paper work

Interview Question – How to handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Customer Service Specialist I
Prince Frederick, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Office Depot in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submited my online application and went into the store the next day and they have me a test of about 110 questions. The test was completely on behavior and basicaly looks for how approachable you are to customers and your ability to sell on the floor.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions on when to approach the customer or what to say to them when selling can seem like they have multiple answers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation was aaliable they were extremely clear on what the pay/benefits would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call for an interview it was 2;1 interview with store manager and his assistant.After interview went for a drug test and background check.Got a call in a week and started working.

Interview Question – Manager handed me a pen and asked me to sell it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Office Depot