Office Depot

2.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in July 2013.

The process was quick and easy; interview questions were very run of the mill and did not cause too much difficulty. If you have interviewed for any other entry level customer service position, especially in a retail setting, you can glide through this. Typical questions include best and worst experiences as a customer, worst work situation you've dealt with, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest obstacle you've faced while working in customer service.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was essentially offered the job on the spot and the salary was already set with no room to ask up.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

I heard that Office Depot was hiring so I went there and asked to talk to the manager. I took the assessment that very same day and got called back a week later, then scheduled an interview. I went through 2 interviews, one with assistant and one with head manager. They just asked me about myself, my goals, why I wanted to work here. Basically we sell ourselves to them. Why are you a good candidate? How would you handle a difficult customer, strengths, weaknesses, and work experience? Everything was positive and a chill interview and he told me to get the drug test!

Interview Questions
    • None really. The interview was honestly like a conversation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just gave us the wage that Office Depot offers and said there is an opportunity to grow.

Technology Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2013.

I intitially walked in to my local Office Depot store and asked if they were hiring Technology Specialists. A manager immediately pulled up a short sales-skills quiz on one of the computers and invited me to fill it out. It asked for my personal details, and some extremely basic questions about dealing with customers, and what types of work I would be willing and unwilling to do. I passed this assessment, and then was asked a series of tech questions by another technology associate who was relaying questions and answers to the tech manager. They were extremely basic questions such as "Can you downgrade from Windows 8 to 7?" "Is it recommended? Why or why not?" "What is the first thing you do before working with the insides of a computer?" and "What is a rootkit and what is the best way to remove it?" I answered all the questions correctly, and a week later was called into an "interview" with the store manager. The store manager asked me "Why are you interested in working at office depot?" and after I answered, offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you interested in working at office depot?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2013.

Really simple, just have an open or flexible schedule and expect to be bored. Just don't look like you walked in off the streets. I met with the managers and we reviewed my resume, which is unexpected for an sales floor position. I started after the background and drug test came back.

Interview Questions
    • While I'm sure my experience was not typical of all of office depot, there was no difficult question (the location I applied to pretty much only hired college students or retirees for sales floor positions)   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Easy interview, just wear nice clothes and shave. As long as you pass the 110 question survey you will get the offer.

none

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online and was called by manager to come into store to take assessment. After completion, I was given my score immediately. Within three days I had interviewed with both the Assistant Manager and Store Manager and had accepted an offer for employment.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was open but each position is restricted to a bracket.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Hiring process is completely online, managers have no control on who gets sent to which store. Then you have to answer a questionnaire in the store. Interview process is quick and speedy and by then you probably already have the job. (At least in my case.)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation is convincing customers how PC/Android is better than Apple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

I was contacted bya a thier company recruter after emailing my resume to their HR department. First was a phone interview, then two face to face interviews with other store managers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was what do you expect to make working here? All the other questions were read right from a company script, which were the textbook type of interview questions anyone can find on the internet.   View Answer
    I had to negotiate the offer up about 20% because Office Depot pays at the bottom of the industry scale. I was able to do so becaues I have 15 years in retail management experience in the exact same industry. I was negotiating with a very new strore manager and so there was very little preasure and back and forth negotiation.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot.

It was a very LONG process. Here was the process:
    -Phone screening by HR recruiter
    -Phone screeing by hiring Director
    -Long Wait (8 plus month)
    -On-site interview at DC with Director of Operations and HR Manager
    -Long wait (4 month)
    -On-site interview with hiring director and 6 other employees in different departments (Panel interview, behavioural questions, case study review and presentation)

Interview Questions
    • The business case had a lot of information to review, analyze and develop strategies in 75 minutes.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Customer experience, retail experience, tech experience, decision quality

na