Office Depot

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot in November 2013.

Applied for position online. Went through automated assessment which includes a few vague situational questions that left me unsure of what they were looking for. Received a call a couple weeks later from HR. The woman was screening for applicants that she felt were qualified to move on to a live interview. I was asked to come in after she confirmed that my profile fit the position. (To be honest, she seemed to be a bit of an 'air head'). Next interview was with someone from HR. Meeting was brief. Then met with an assistant general manager. He was well-rehearsed with canned questions regarding "what would you do if...?" and "when you made a mistake how did you fix it?" He didn't appear to be listening to my answers. In fact, most of the time I had to sit and listen to him brag about how successful he was and, basically, 'this place couldn't run without me' kind of attitude. I thought, "if this is the person I'm going to be reporting to, maybe I should just keep looking." The ego was too much. It's been a few weeks and I haven't heard back. And, in reality, I hope I don't.

Interview Questions
    • If you review the basic behavioral questions that most companies ask and have an experience to share you will be way ahead of the person that interviewed me. But be prepared to listen to a lot of egotistical bragging. It's unreal.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in November 2012.

I applied online, called the manager to check on application the next day. I came in a day later to take the personality assessment on the copy center computerizes in the store. Within 3 days I received my first interview with the assistant manager which was friendly and imformative. The second interview a week later with the store manager. I took a drug test the same day at a different location across town and was called a week later when my results came back after the background check was also complete. I was offered the job but at a much lower rater than we had agreed on previously.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was trying to get a hire salary than the minimum even with experience   View Answer
    Consider taking this only if you want temp. work... you don't move up here.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in April 2012.

The hiring process was pretty easy, so was the interview standard questions. You had to fill out an online application (I don't approve of...) then go into the store you are applying too and take the customer survey test and pass it. Then you get an interview and if they want to hire you they make you go take a drug test at a lab.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of the best customer service story that you were a in as a customer   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate on salary it was already set but they were very flexible on school hours and what times you needed off.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in November 2008.

2 interviews, drug test, and background check

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate pay.