Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process went super great. The manager was super friendly and relaxed. Very easy to talk to you. As long as you know your skills and experience, you are good to go. Be very friendly and act professional. He asked me maybe 4-5 common interview questions. Then he asked me customer service questions/situations and how I would act to them. Difficult since I had no retail experience before, but I managed to make it through. Then, he offered me the job on the spot and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wants to buy an item, they see they are charged $2 over the advertised price, and argue that it is not the correct price?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Whitehall, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online then after a week I got an email from the store manager asking if I wanted to schedule a interview. Then after that I was offered the position the next day.overall it was pretty easy nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

How much do you wanna get paid

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (East Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went great and they asked typical questions that you should have been asked before if you've been applying for a job. He explained the dress code, and asked for my availibility and how many hours I'd like to work. He then made me fill out the background check paperwork and that was it and I'm expecting a call back!

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were supposed to lead a group. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Manassas, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and easy and the woman who interviewed me was vocal about wanting to hire me. I received a call about a week and a half later asking me to come in for orientation the next week. I had made a list of possible interview questions and compiled answers for all of them, which definitely helped in preparing me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this hand sanitizer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I went in the store and asked for an application, the manager told me to apply online then call the store and as for her. I did that and I was called back two days later, went in for an interview the next week, it was pretty easy, be yourself. Plus the manager was pretty cool. Hired on the spot, started the next week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic. Nothing to be afraid of. Ex: What would you do if you gave an Idea to a customer and they said no... something like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call back about a week after I applied in person, met with a manage and talked for about 30 min, about a day or 2 after I got called for a second interview with the store manager about what they are looking for and expecting of me, what the store is like and if I would fit in, after the interview I was offered a job

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were handling a tough situation   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

There was a brief and friendly interview that mostly concentrated on what skills I could bring to the company. The remainder of the interview was mostly concentrated on the history and culture of the company, their dedication to customer service and the position of the company among its direct national competitors and the achievements of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of personal resourcefulness in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A salary was offered and I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Redlands, CA).

Interview

I went into the store and asked for an application. They let me use a computer to fill it out in the store. Unlike most places the employees were happy to see another person applying. I got a call about a week later and they asked me to come back to the store for an interview. The interviewer was the manager but he wasn't the one in-charge of hiring. The second interview is when you speak to the person in charge of hiring. He was pretty cool guy. We blew through the questions and chatted a little bit. He was honest with me and told me he was happy with everything but the hiring manager was unlikely to take me because I had zero experience in selling. Which I saw coming. After that we talked about sushi and I asked him for advice on some other things like interviewing do's and don'ts. He really opened my eyes to somethings. Didn't get the job but it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Normal, average, short and sweet, cool manager so very comfortable Not too difficult not to easy it was very average normal and met the expectations that I assumed it would be. Normal interview process and no drug test involved!

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company that makes me stand out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lubbock, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a week. the interview was 1:1 with the store manager and then after a week I was contacted by the store manager about a job offer

Interview Questions

• general knowledge of store and what store sells. questions relating to computer knowledge   1 Answer