Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Manassas, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and easy and the woman who interviewed me was vocal about wanting to hire me. I received a call about a week and a half later asking me to come in for orientation the next week. I had made a list of possible interview questions and compiled answers for all of them, which definitely helped in preparing me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this hand sanitizer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I went in the store and asked for an application, the manager told me to apply online then call the store and as for her. I did that and I was called back two days later, went in for an interview the next week, it was pretty easy, be yourself. Plus the manager was pretty cool. Hired on the spot, started the next week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic. Nothing to be afraid of. Ex: What would you do if you gave an Idea to a customer and they said no... something like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call back about a week after I applied in person, met with a manage and talked for about 30 min, about a day or 2 after I got called for a second interview with the store manager about what they are looking for and expecting of me, what the store is like and if I would fit in, after the interview I was offered a job

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were handling a tough situation   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

There was a brief and friendly interview that mostly concentrated on what skills I could bring to the company. The remainder of the interview was mostly concentrated on the history and culture of the company, their dedication to customer service and the position of the company among its direct national competitors and the achievements of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of personal resourcefulness in a customer service situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A salary was offered and I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Redlands, CA).

Interview

I went into the store and asked for an application. They let me use a computer to fill it out in the store. Unlike most places the employees were happy to see another person applying. I got a call about a week later and they asked me to come back to the store for an interview.

The interviewer was the manager but he wasn't the one in-charge of hiring. The second interview is when you speak to the person in charge of hiring. He was pretty cool guy. We blew through the questions and chatted a little bit. He was honest with me and told me he was happy with everything but the hiring manager was unlikely to take me because I had zero experience in selling. Which I saw coming. After that we talked about sushi and I asked him for advice on some other things like interviewing do's and don'ts. He really opened my eyes to somethings. Didn't get the job but it was a positive experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I got hired during back to school it was very busy finally when the manager had time we went to his office for an interview,basic interview questions and at the end i received a job offer.

Negotiation

Na

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot (High Point, NC).

Interview

I had applied online via the office depot website and from there the process took a month due to technical difficulties with processing background checks for the company.

Once I had filled out an application online it took about a week before I received a call from the assistant store manager, who asked me to come in and complete the computer test which had roughly 123 questions just asking about you and your personality and different store scenarios.

A few days passed before I called the store back since the manger was on vacation when I took the computer test but he asked me to come in to see the assistant manager again for the initial interview

Once I completed the initial interview the store manager called me back for the second interview where we talked about Office Depot, the different "zones" in the store and what I can bring to the table as an employee, he also had me pitch a sale by trying to sell the pen in his hand to him, he said I did very well and asked me to fill out the paper to do the background check

A week passed before I heard back from him he said it was due to him typing my name wrong in the system so they were unable to locate me once he realized the issue and fixed it he called me and asked if I wanted to work from Office Depot of course I said yes, so I start July 3rd 2014 where he said we'll discuss pay and other things.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He said due to my experience I will have a little wiggle room, once I go to orientation he said we'll discuss this.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Bogus interview with typical interview questions but first you have to pass a 30 minute survey. If call backed you have to have a drug test. Just some dress pants and a button up or a polo would be alright for this place. Some people show up in suits and ties and just look ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest day in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told you the pay. No room for negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Office Depot in June 2014.

Interview

Took two months from the first time I filled out the app to even get called. I took an assessment and then waited another month. I had to reapply, and then I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager. I was nervous because I thought he was a serial killer. He was very nice, however, and I talked with the store manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None, honestly. It is so easy to get hired in this place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation? More like, "Here it is, take it or leave it."

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment same day, and had an interview the next week. I was hired on the spot, and it was another week until I started.

It was my first job and first interview; the store manager and one of the managers interviewed me, were nice, sent me out of the room for five minutes, and when I came back in, was hired.