Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Point, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

I had applied online via the office depot website and from there the process took a month due to technical difficulties with processing background checks for the company.

Once I had filled out an application online it took about a week before I received a call from the assistant store manager, who asked me to come in and complete the computer test which had roughly 123 questions just asking about you and your personality and different store scenarios.

A few days passed before I called the store back since the manger was on vacation when I took the computer test but he asked me to come in to see the assistant manager again for the initial interview

Once I completed the initial interview the store manager called me back for the second interview where we talked about Office Depot, the different "zones" in the store and what I can bring to the table as an employee, he also had me pitch a sale by trying to sell the pen in his hand to him, he said I did very well and asked me to fill out the paper to do the background check

A week passed before I heard back from him he said it was due to him typing my name wrong in the system so they were unable to locate me once he realized the issue and fixed it he called me and asked if I wanted to work from Office Depot of course I said yes, so I start July 3rd 2014 where he said we'll discuss pay and other things.

Interview Questions
He said due to my experience I will have a little wiggle room, once I go to orientation he said we'll discuss this.

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Bogus interview with typical interview questions but first you have to pass a 30 minute survey. If call backed you have to have a drug test. Just some dress pants and a button up or a polo would be alright for this place. Some people show up in suits and ties and just look ridiculous

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest day in your life   View Answer
    They told you the pay. No room for negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Office Depot.

Filled out application and was called in for interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Before you get called in forja interview you have to take a test on a compter. You probably already know this test.. It's where they ask you a series of 'what would you do if.....' type questions. If you pass those questions then you will get a call back for an interview. Got called back within a few days for a face to face interview with the assistant manager and was asked the simple regular questions. Told that they where going to interview some more and then they would make a decision. Got a call a couple days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Because of being a sales position i was asked to demonstrate how to sale a computer on the spot. Not really difficult but it was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online got a call for an interview it was 2;1 interview with store manager and his assistant.After interview went for a drug test and background check.Got a call in a week and started working.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2012.

They have you go online and apply for the sales position at that specific store. Then they will have you come for a first interview just to get background about you, why you want the job, and your previous sales experience.After do a online questionnaire (as most companies do) in the store. If you pass the questionnaire then they will send you for a drug test and if you pass then you will be called back for a second interview ( at that point, you have the job).

Interview Questions
    • No question was really difficult. They were actually really straight-forward. Just answer the questions to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question
    I was able to get $8/hr but the salary isnt really negotiable. If you have really...really...really good experience then they may go up to $9 or $10 but then again it also depends on how well that specific store does in sales. (if they clear their sales goal almost everyday then you may get a better pay but if not then expect minimum wage or a bit more)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot.

You need to know someone working there already, the manager asks his employee if they know anyone who would fit into our team.

Non negotiable salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2012.

The Hiring manager was nice. although at times he seemed too unsure of himself. Interview was like any other I have been though. I asked if there were room for advancement, he said their may be some room in the future. (Failed to say I had reapply for the position) He was really not interested in my computer repair skills, more focused on my cashier skills.

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

The manager was extremely friendly. He explained everything to me in detail. I was very impressed.

I start off at minimum wage. I also have the opportunity to make comission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

I called and asked if they were hiring, they said yes. Later that day (after I had applied at other stores) I went to Office Depot and filled out an application (pen and paper). I then took the 100+ computer questionnaire ... I waited two days and then called and asked the status of my application ( I was tipped off by one of the other employees to do this) and the manager wanted me to come in for a face to face interview. Two days later I go, and I was there 10 minutes early... but I didn't see the manager until 30 minutes later. He apologized and told me to go wait for him in the back by the furniture... I did. I waited there for 15 minutes, he then came and informed me that somehow my application was lost and that I fill out another one. I fill it out, turn it in and wait for him to come and meet me... this time its 30 minutes I'm waiting for the interview that was supposed to start an hour ago... the interview itself went well... nice guy, he liked me. I go take my drug test, and he calls a few days later and wants me to come in... I am 10 minutes late b/c of a wreck that jammed up 4 lanes of traffic. I get there and he tells me he needs to reschedule b/c he thought I wasn't going to show up and now he has 5 others that he is interviewing. He assured me he would call the next day. It's been a week and I've heard nothing from him. Which I'm ok with all of this b/c I was hired on by another retail store, one that offered me more.

Interview Questions
    • The advertised position was full time.
      I went through the entire hassle of this unorganized interview process for him to wait until the very end to tell me he could only offer me a part time position.
        Answer Question

The manager couldn't even manage his time within the store. He was late to an interview HE scheduled. Poor communication. I was over qualified for the job to begin with. I just wanted something to keep me busy while waiting for school. I live less than 5 min. away and figured I'd go work.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!