Office Depot

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went in the store and asked for an application, the manager told me to apply online then call the store and as for her. I did that and I was called back two days later, went in for an interview the next week, it was pretty easy, be yourself. Plus the manager was pretty cool. Hired on the spot, started the next week.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were pretty basic. Nothing to be afraid of. Ex: What would you do if you gave an Idea to a customer and they said no... something like that.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Sales Associate Interview

There was a brief and friendly interview that mostly concentrated on what skills I could bring to the company. The remainder of the interview was mostly concentrated on the history and culture of the company, their dedication to customer service and the position of the company among its direct national competitors and the achievements of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of personal resourcefulness in a customer service situation.   Answer Question
    A salary was offered and I accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went into the store and asked for an application. They let me use a computer to fill it out in the store. Unlike most places the employees were happy to see another person applying. I got a call about a week later and they asked me to come back to the store for an interview.

The interviewer was the manager but he wasn't the one in-charge of hiring. The second interview is when you speak to the person in charge of hiring. He was pretty cool guy. We blew through the questions and chatted a little bit. He was honest with me and told me he was happy with everything but the hiring manager was unlikely to take me because I had zero experience in selling. Which I saw coming. After that we talked about sushi and I asked him for advice on some other things like interviewing do's and don'ts. He really opened my eyes to somethings. Didn't get the job but it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

I had applied online via the office depot website and from there the process took a month due to technical difficulties with processing background checks for the company.

Once I had filled out an application online it took about a week before I received a call from the assistant store manager, who asked me to come in and complete the computer test which had roughly 123 questions just asking about you and your personality and different store scenarios.

A few days passed before I called the store back since the manger was on vacation when I took the computer test but he asked me to come in to see the assistant manager again for the initial interview

Once I completed the initial interview the store manager called me back for the second interview where we talked about Office Depot, the different "zones" in the store and what I can bring to the table as an employee, he also had me pitch a sale by trying to sell the pen in his hand to him, he said I did very well and asked me to fill out the paper to do the background check

A week passed before I heard back from him he said it was due to him typing my name wrong in the system so they were unable to locate me once he realized the issue and fixed it he called me and asked if I wanted to work from Office Depot of course I said yes, so I start July 3rd 2014 where he said we'll discuss pay and other things.

Interview Questions
    He said due to my experience I will have a little wiggle room, once I go to orientation he said we'll discuss this.

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Bogus interview with typical interview questions but first you have to pass a 30 minute survey. If call backed you have to have a drug test. Just some dress pants and a button up or a polo would be alright for this place. Some people show up in suits and ties and just look ridiculous

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest day in your life   View Answer
    They told you the pay. No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot in April 2014.

Applied online, took assessment same day, and had an interview the next week. I was hired on the spot, and it was another week until I started.

It was my first job and first interview; the store manager and one of the managers interviewed me, were nice, sent me out of the room for five minutes, and when I came back in, was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Filled out application and was called in for interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Before you get called in forja interview you have to take a test on a compter. You probably already know this test.. It's where they ask you a series of 'what would you do if.....' type questions. If you pass those questions then you will get a call back for an interview. Got called back within a few days for a face to face interview with the assistant manager and was asked the simple regular questions. Told that they where going to interview some more and then they would make a decision. Got a call a couple days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Because of being a sales position i was asked to demonstrate how to sale a computer on the spot. Not really difficult but it was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

Applied online got a call for an interview it was 2;1 interview with store manager and his assistant.After interview went for a drug test and background check.Got a call in a week and started working.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in September 2012.

They have you go online and apply for the sales position at that specific store. Then they will have you come for a first interview just to get background about you, why you want the job, and your previous sales experience.After do a online questionnaire (as most companies do) in the store. If you pass the questionnaire then they will send you for a drug test and if you pass then you will be called back for a second interview ( at that point, you have the job).

Interview Questions
    • No question was really difficult. They were actually really straight-forward. Just answer the questions to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question
    I was able to get $8/hr but the salary isnt really negotiable. If you have really...really...really good experience then they may go up to $9 or $10 but then again it also depends on how well that specific store does in sales. (if they clear their sales goal almost everyday then you may get a better pay but if not then expect minimum wage or a bit more)