Office Depot Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter who interviewed me. Then I was interviewed by the HR director for the district in which my store is in. After that, I was interviewed by the District Manager and then, in a conference call, I was introduced to the VP. Very Pleasant but stressful because of the level of people being interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• Experience managing a team? Able to relocate? Experience with Profit and loss statements? What possible habits you have that might hinder a team? How do you perform under stress, can you multi-task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially told what the salary was and I was moved on to the next phase. They didn't want to waste time with someone who didn't agree. Relocation, however, was extremely generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

1. Online application. 2. Phone interview. 3. Personal interview with DM. At this interview I was asked multiple questions about my sales experience, logistics, PnL, goal setting, running a staff of 25+ employees, satisfying customers and requesting them to take surveys, store sets, inventory, human resource issues with employees, and more.

Interview Questions

• How do you fulfill customer satisfaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told a base salary which was in my range.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

There is a phone screen from regional recruiter, phone interview from corporate HR, and one on one with DSM, and offer from Regional recruiter. The questions were about sales culture, driving service selling, solution selling, etc

Interview Questions

• Accountability for leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary range- they come in with your lowest dollar. So ask for what you want.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I really did not have an interview. I was fortunate enough to be available for the promotion to Store Manager as several managers were leaving.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Knoxville, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

Typical Interview Questions, Tell me about your previous job, What are your stengths-oppurtunities. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made offer, I declined and counter offered.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dayton, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Screening interview follows the same questions as all HR departments ask. The RM interview was intensive with no typical questions. Interview was all about customer loyalty and culture. She did most of the talking as I was Recruited from another company she promised lots and in the end delivered very little besides a really good salary.

Interview Questions

• She was very direct on relationships with previous managers and how well I woked with them on a one to one bases and on my own. She would not take the standard answers and wanted to know about the previous RM's personal l habits as well as their professional styles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They stared the offer at 58 and we got to 70 before the agreement. It was all handed in the interview n wait no calls to HR for Approval.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

I had one interview. The process was quick, I got an immediate offer.

Interview Questions

• Focused more on my grocery background than my computer sales and management background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested a higher salary that I did not get. Salary I received was appropriate for the position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview

was recruited by a friend. Interviewed with District Manager and regional VP. That has changed to interview with recruiter, store manager and distict mananger.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty much we came up with offer though less than I was making as there was less resposnsibility

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot in June 2011.

Interview

4 interviews-- One from my supervisor, one from a peer supervisor, one from HR, and one from corporate leader

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical and Situational Questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary. I was fortunate enough that I was employed at the time, so I had room to work with.