OfficeMax Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Very basic interview process. First. You gets e-mail from a corporate recruiter. Then, if you pass the recruiters initial screening you will have a interview with a district or store manager. Mine happened to be with the store manager. Very cool guy actually. My interview was basically talking about metrics and what I did to move them in my previous roles. After about a week I was again contacted by corporate recruiter to make a job offer. Was less then what a competitor was offering me and they shockingly matched it. I accepted the offer got more money then I thought. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service scores or numbers where you held to in previous role?   Answer Question
  • What metrics were you responsible in previous role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Happy Valley, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Happy Valley, OR).

Interview

Process took about 90+ days . I was referred by a close previous friend/store manager

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

A Recruiter contacted me and we set up a phone interview. Then, I met up with the district manager and a store manager for a face to face interview. The recruiter kept in contact with me afterwards. I did not interview with the store manager of the store that I ended up at which I wish I had met with him prior to starting.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2013.

Interview

went through 3 interviews and the last one was a group interview. Pretty simple questions and process. Was offered the job via email which I thought was completely odd. Also during one of the interviews the Manager was talking like a sailor, not sure what I am getting in to. But in today's world at least I have a job now...

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Jacksonville, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Professional, but relaxed. It was a very informative interview. You can tell that Office Max cares about their employees. They want the best to lead the best. Subjects talked about: duties, environment, employees, schedule, promoting company image, morale, and individual expectations with possible promotions.

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Gadsden, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got a call froma recruiter 10 days later to schedule a phone interview the following day. Call was right on time lasted 1 hour questions were situational and in regards to experience. Covered benefits and work schedule. Told me process was next to interview with dm and store manager then desision is made from there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style?   1 Answer
    • What are the 3 most important factors in managing people and business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Received a phone interview approximately 3 weeks after initial application. Asked several questions, basic questions about my current job, etc. Nothing too difficult. They told me how the position came about, the process, etc, and mentioned that I was the most qualified on paper. They were going to forward my application on and I would be hearing back in a few days. It has been over a week, no call.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Columbus, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by email by a Human Resource Manager who set up a phone interview for 2 days later. She called on the day of the interview and asked basic retail questions. She then asked me about salary requirements and let me know that she was passing my resume on to the store manager and if he didn't get back to me by the next week to email her. He called me later that day and set up an interview with himself and DM. At the interview I met with the DM first who offered me pointers and told me about the company and then he left the store. I met with the store manager and he asked me the questions off the questionaire (All very basic retail questions...What would you do with an upset employee or one who refused to follow the programs) The interview went extremely well, we ended up discussing for about 40 minutes after the questions. He said that he say me moving far with the company and they would be contact soon. it has now been 6 weeks and I have not heard from anyone. I called him after 2 weeks and he said that the ultimate decision was up to corporate and he hadn't heard anything but if I didn't then I would get a letter in the mail.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Structured interview guide, mostly the same questions that most employers utilize. Decision usually made at store level.

Interview Questions

• Try selling me something, it's a hard question to ask someone that knows nothing about the products you sell.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in November 2009.

Interview

Various questions pertaining to "What would you do", and "How would you handle this?"

Interview Questions

• The questions are not too difficult, but if you have little or no retail management experience it can cause hesitation and awkward silence .   Answer Question