OfficeMax Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax (Des Moines, IA) in June 2010.

Interview

OfficeMax has any potential applicant apply online through their website. The online application doesn't take more than an hour to fill out, so its nothing out o the ordinary. It mostly asks for prior experience, current job status/education status, and the like. After they receive your application, a store in the area you applied for will call you in about a week. Depending on the store, it may help to call them as well, just in case they've been busy. From here, the store manager interviews you, which consists of a variety of questions determining how you work with others, your overall flexibility, trustworthiness, etc. If the manager decides to hire you, you'll be subjected to a background check and drug test, which takes about 72 hours for the results to come in. At this point, you'll also be given final terms to agree to (salary, hours you'd be available to work, and so on). The whole process is fairly relaxed, although it is obvious that you should take it seriously, as it is a job application, after all.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that even though you tried to be a team player, you had a team member that simply wouldn't cooperate? What did you do to try and get them to do their share of the work? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get much chance to negotiate salary-wise, as I was applying for a part-time position. However, they were extremely flexible on hours I could work. Just go in to the interview with realistic expectations, and you should be fine.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2009.

Interview

I really did not get the opportunity to talk. It was like I was a doctor in a session.

Interview Questions

• You walk to the floor and sale them a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for one they called me with the offer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at OfficeMax in July 2011.

Interview

It was very simple. I applied online for a part time associate position. I got phoned the next day by another associate to schedule an appointment during the manager's shift. I showed up on time, and the manager briefly issued a few simple questions about my job experience. He seemed to grasp that I was probably overqualified for the job, but offered the job pending a drug test and background check. Ten days later, he called and offered me the job. The end.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at OfficeMax in October 2009.

Interview

I walked in to see if they were hiring. I hit it off with the assistant store manager. He told me I had to apply online. I took the personality test that tests to see if you have trustworthy tendencies. I got a call back ASAP. The one on one interview was friendly. He wanted to see if I was a friendly, outgoing person. He asked me to "sell" something to him. There was a nice pen and a generic pen. They want you to ask qualifying questions to find the customers needs. I ended up selling him a pack of generic for everyday use and a set of nice pens for functions. Make sure to ask for the sale. "I recommend you buy today". " Are you ready to check out?"

Interview Questions

• I want you to sell me a pen in two minutes....Go.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary. You probably wont get much out of it, but it can't hurt.