OfficeMax

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a rushed process. They were very desperate and were looking for warm bodies. It was suppose to be two interviews that was condensed into one. After the interview I completed a personality test then a drug test. Waited to weeks for the back ground test. Then I was hired.

Interview Question – How do you plan to sell our many services available to our customers.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Marietta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online after viewing the position on indeed.com. Submitted an excellent cover letter that attracted the hiring managers attention. About a week later I received a phone call and was asked a few questions such as my previous employment and why I want to work for officemax. They were very simple questions. Next I scheduled an interview that week and did a one on one sit down with the manager she asked about 20 questions nothing hard. Sell me something in the room? Tell me about a time you had to trust an employee? The interview process was fast and fairly simple. She said she had to interview some more ppl and she would get back to me. About two weeks later I was offered a position and asked to come in and do a drug test and background check. I was a little confused because usually a job will do all of that before offering you a position. But everything checked out and I got the job. Seriously study up on technology and specs because you will need this knowledge for this job. Be yourself and professionalism is a must.

Interview Question – None. Don't over think anything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's minimum wage non negotiable unless you have more experience

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Traditional hiring process. Interviewing has changed some based on the position. About 4 interviews for the Store Manager position including a group interview. It is a long process and there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency.

Interview Question – Nothing to out of the ordinary. Be ready to back your statements up with numbers. This is a number driven company. Be prepared to speak to selling strategies and best practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

B2B Outside Sales Interview

B2B Outside Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2010.

Interview Details – The position I applied for consisted of 3 telephone interviews. (recruiter, HR Rep, Hiring Manager). I was then asked to attend a company paid interview in Chicago. First with the Hiring Manager and then with the Division VP of Sales. I was very confident after the 3 telephone interviews that I was the ideal candidate. I was even more confident after interviewing with the hiring manager. The Division VP interview seemed to go well, but felt that there was a bias issue that stood between us. After the Interview process, the Hiring Manager, came back in the room with a completely dejected look on his face and sound in his voice to let me know that I would hear back from them within a week. It was obvious that the hiring manager had been shot down but couldn't respond. The next week, I heard back from HR that I had decided to take a different direction.

Interview Question – Did I have Fortune 500 C-Level experience?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Canton, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was quick and fairly easy. The manager was nice and everyone seemed pretty nice. They ask you to pick a item and try to sell it to them. Piece of cake for me.

Interview Question – How would you sale an item to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. They offered 7.25 and blamed it on the economy, lol, I accepted but I will be looking for a better paying job asap. Beats the unemployment line

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!