OfficeMax

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rib Mountain, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was quite easy. After filling out an application you sit down with one of the store managers and go through the interview process. They really just want to find out about you and your competency level to be able to interact with customers.

Interview Question – They really didn't ask any difficult or unexpected questions as far as I was concerned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was only a part time position so it was mostly working out hours.

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was very simple. Went in with a positive attitude with a drive for success. Got an offer on the spot

Interview Question – Making sure that I was the choice at that precise time   Answer Question

Katy, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2013.

Interview Details – Well I was called in for an interview for a cashier position and it seemed to go pretty well, they asked the basic interview questions such as "What are good/bad qualities of yourself?" "What's your work experience etc.." I think it might have been my fault because I came off more friendly rather than professional. I called the store because they said the would call between Thursday and Saturday and told me that they were going to pursue other applicants because I didn't make the cut. I find that they should at least send an email or phone call.

Interview Question – "What is one thing you're bad at?"   View Answer

Portage, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call two weeks later after applying and get an interview about something I didn't apply to. Advice wear black or brown dress shoes or loafers.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work with someone you didn't like and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OfficeMax in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had to call every few days for a month to see when I was starting. they said i was already hired, but made absolutely no effort to start me out. I had one interview, came in for the 2nd one and the interviewer wasn't there. waste of my gas

Interview Question – What do you expect from your teammates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay they were offering was five cents more than i was already making... eh, why not?

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, did assessment test, 4 days later recieved an invitation to interview, interviewed with very basic questions( tell me something about yourself, have you ever worked retail, experience in sales,etc..), recieved "thanks but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at OfficeMax

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees and interview candidates.