OfficeMax Cashier Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in January 2013.

Well I was called in for an interview for a cashier position and it seemed to go pretty well, they asked the basic interview questions such as "What are good/bad qualities of yourself?" "What's your work experience etc.." I think it might have been my fault because I came off more friendly rather than professional. I called the store because they said the would call between Thursday and Saturday and told me that they were going to pursue other applicants because I didn't make the cut. I find that they should at least send an email or phone call.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

I got a call two weeks later after applying and get an interview about something I didn't apply to. Advice wear black or brown dress shoes or loafers.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to work with someone you didn't like and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

When I was hired in my friend worked there already and had talked to the store manager so I already kind of knew I was getting the job. It was a really easy interview and it was just basic questions about yourself and work ethic. When you go in wear something nice and look professional.

Interview Questions
    • One of the last questions they ask you is to pick something in the room and sell it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

It was very simple. Went in with a positive attitude with a drive for success. Got an offer on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Making sure that I was the choice at that precise time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax in November 2011.

I had to call every few days for a month to see when I was starting. they said i was already hired, but made absolutely no effort to start me out. I had one interview, came in for the 2nd one and the interviewer wasn't there. waste of my gas

Interview Questions
    The pay they were offering was five cents more than i was already making... eh, why not?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rib Mountain, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rib Mountain, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in June 2010.

Interview process was quite easy. After filling out an application you sit down with one of the store managers and go through the interview process. They really just want to find out about you and your competency level to be able to interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask any difficult or unexpected questions as far as I was concerned.   Answer Question
    It was only a part time position so it was mostly working out hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in December 2009.

Applied online, did assessment test, 4 days later recieved an invitation to interview, interviewed with very basic questions( tell me something about yourself, have you ever worked retail, experience in sales,etc..), recieved "thanks but no thanks" email.