OfficeMax

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was first presented to the controller through a head hunter. After the initial screening, I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview consists about one hour. I met with 4 different individulas. They were not necessarily the hiring managers, but they were the ones with whom I would work.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a process and a procedure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At that time, I already had offere from another company but with further commute. I told the controller I needed to get the offer by end of week. The offer did not come end of week but came on Monday. I ended up working a few days at the first company that I accepted the offer and had to resign for this one.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Naperville, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – I had an panel interview that spand about 6 hours. The interview started at 8am and anded at 3pm. I met with Mangersfrom four different areas of the business. The facilitatior was nice and accomodating.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions really. Lots of process questions.   Answer Question

Manager, Assistant Category Interview

Manager, Assistant Category
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2013.

Interview Details – OM contacted me to set up an interview on the phone. The first time the did not call me, so I contacted OM again asking to have a time set up. The second time they did not call either. Finally on the third time OM called me as planned. After that I came into the HQ in Illinois to interview with a handful of differnet people in 20-30 minute increments. After that a manager called me again for another interview, as well as a HR represenative. Then was given an offer.

Interview Question – Cannot remember any difficult questions, all standard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much uncertainty with the merger of OfficeMax & Office Depot at the time.

Store Team Leader Interview

Store Team Leader
Yorkville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 9 months - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of an initial recruiter interview followed by an interview with a current store team leader... Next interview was with a District Manager and a second district manager interview followed that. Job offer came from recruiter.... total process did take an exceptionally long time to complete ( 9 months)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.. standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was very simple. Went in with a positive attitude with a drive for success. Got an offer on the spot

Interview Question – Making sure that I was the choice at that precise time   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was streamlined and efficient. I was able to meet with the executive team all in one day to maximize my time and theirs.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you deal with difficult personalities.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in by the OfficeMax recruiter. I was a suggestion from current employees. I interviewed once and presented an offer. Very casual interview.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Retail Lease Analyst Interview

Retail Lease Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview and then was invited in for an in-person interview. The interview wasn't very technical and felt more casual. We discussed the responsibilities of the role and how my prior experience related. It seemed like they were looking for someone that had a passion for the job. One week after the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions. They just wanted to get a feel for my past experiences and also my passion for this type of job. Was asked why I had a passion for real estate and why I wanted to leave my current employer.   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Assistant Category Manager
Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly smooth, 2 calls with the recuirter, interview with Hiring Director, Direct Manager and 2 long standing co-workers. Offer was made within a 1 week timeframe, we went back and forth for about 2 days exchanging proposals and was hired within a 1.5 week timeframe from intial offer.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a screening interview with one of the HR Recruiters. I then had a phone interview with a buyer. Finally I came into the office and interviewed with 3 different buyers.

Interview Question – The unexpected part of this interview was how many questions I had to ask. My interviewers would ask me a question and then ask if I had any questions. I felt like I was doing the interviewing!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fairly easy - they offered me the highest pay range I was asking for.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!