OfficeMax Grand & Toy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at OfficeMax Grand & Toy

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online. Based on your experience and reference they will call for interview. HR person takes interview. Interview is very straight forward. Questions about the area, the position and various behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle someone who is drunk in a bar and keeps on asking for more drinks.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

The overall process is lengthier then normal. HR is very slow in responding and following-up. The management and executives are prompt, warm, smart, and keen. Had 3 rounds starting with the director, the PMs, and then the VP.

Interview Questions

• General behavioural, situational, and process flow based questions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Had two telephone screening interviews prior to a face-to-face. Went through the interview with a really nice guy, and then was presented with a stack of papers to fill out. They make you fill out an application as well as a criminal records check AND a credit check. I asked about the credit check because I've been through bankruptcy. The guy said not to worry; it was to check for any fraudulent behaviour (isn't that what the criminal records check is for?). I did not get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an associate,the assistant manager, who help me schedule an interview. The interview was a lengthy session where I sat and listened to the manager talk about the store and company. I was fairly quiet the whole time. The manager was very friendly and talkative so I didn't feel the need to intervene at all.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy in January 2010.

Interview

Overall was a decent experience. Asked reasonable questions and gave accurate earning potential. Did not ask any out of bounds questions although there were some very challenging ones that made you think before you answered.

Interview Questions

• How would you win back an account that was on the verge of leaving.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was open and fair.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax Grand & Toy in June 2008.

Interview

Very organized and pleasant. 1-2 meetings and some communication via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did not get along with a co-worker   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to solve an issue or problem with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair.