OfficeMax ImPress Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview. I talked to the store manager and department manager on the same day, so don't expect multiple interviews. The process was not intimidating and if you land an interview while the store is actively hiring then you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, but expect to be asked about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Milwaukie, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I was in the store and saw a hiring sign. I asked the guy at the door about the hours they were looking for. He commented the application is online. Due to the OfficeMax/Office Depot merger, the online portion is a pain. Make sure to check your email and do the personality assessment. After I did so, I went back to the store to speak with the store manager. He had already printed out my resume and was doing interviews the following week. I got a call on Wednesday. Interviewed Friday morning. He is waiting on the results of my background check (3-5 business days), after which he told me he will call with an offer of employment. We were talking about training schedules before I left.

Interview Questions

• So, tell me about your last job. (He did this for each job on my resume). What does customer service mean to you? Do you have previous retail experience, preferably cashiering?   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interviewed by shift Supervisor first as a one-on-one interview, then came back the following day for a second interview with the Store Manager and Supervisor together, with the Store Manager asking most of the questions. The interview with the Supervisor was more in depth and took longer. Both interviews were average and I wasn't made to feel nervous or intimidated. They want to make sure you have retail experience working with customers and are comfortable in a fast paced work environment with many customers.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

General Interview process and question first phone interview and then a one on one interview with manger and store manager. Questions around flexible schedule working on weekends, holidays and big season for them is "back-to-school" sale in August.

low pay

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Basic questions on experiences I've had with people regards to teamwork. Also if any problems occured, how did I handle the situation. Really easy questions. Also I didn't have any work experience so they asked me questions based upon services I've done with regards to community service.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't discuss wages.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Low pay, lack of training, management doesn't care and you have to clean the bathrooms

Interview Questions

• Can you print this now because I was lazy and waited until the last minute   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very short and straight to the point. I don't like interview that takes about too long. Most companies you have to do background checked and drug test. They usually give you back a called or email to let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions. If there were questions is the average question. What can you bring in? What position are you apply? When can you started?   Answer Question