OfficeMax Interview Questions

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chillicothe, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chillicothe, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Went through 2 interviews. One with a local Store Manager and the second with the DM. Situational questions were asked about selling processes. The DM was interested more in my background and how it would be a fit for Office Max.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation was accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Very basic interview process. First. You gets e-mail from a corporate recruiter. Then, if you pass the recruiters initial screening you will have a interview with a district or store manager. Mine happened to be with the store manager. Very cool guy actually. My interview was basically talking about metrics and what I did to move them in my previous roles. After about a week I was again contacted by corporate recruiter to make a job offer. Was less then what a competitor was offering me and they shockingly matched it. I accepted the offer got more money then I thought. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • What type of customer service scores or numbers where you held to in previous role?   Answer Question
    • What metrics were you responsible in previous role?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2014.

Upon walking into the store everyone was friendly and helping making your mind wonder about having a great future staff to work with. Within ten minutes the store manager walked out and introduced himself and asked to go to an exclusive location to conduct the interview. We conducted the interview on the sales floor instead of in an office which seemed odd, but it was a tad bit more relaxing that way. Then he gave me ALL the information about the position to give me the option of considering going through with the job and the interviewing process itself. I then considered all the information and wanted to take the position. Then he asked him series of questions about work experience and a couple examples of times when I used team work, customer service, problem with employees and management, and accountability. Within around thirty minutes we were done and I was told I would be called in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • He asked, "Can you give me an example of a time you had to put trust in a fellow employee and why did you choose to trust that individual?"   View Answer
    It was no negotiation, all information about the position was given before the interview so that you wouldn't waste anyone's time by taking the actual interview.

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Easy process and it went fairly quickly. Questions were pretty basic and popular. There were 2 interviews that I had to go through one with a supervisor and one with a manager.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in December 2013.

I had a phone interview and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Once I was offered and accepted the position a background check and drug test were completed.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate for an additional $2 per hour and it was accepted.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question
    She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Print Center Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Can be slow going, requires sales and technology background or aptitude. If you can sell and it's not reflected in your resume, then put it in a cover letter so you don't get passed up. You only get one interview, so make it good. Show up dressed well and don't be late.

Business Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax.

The interview process was rather laid back and comfortable, I never felt like I was under any pressure to give a "corporate" answer or the answer that the manager wanted to hear. I was asked about my employment background and history with retail before engaging in conversation about what OfficeMax does as a company and what my objectives as an employee was. It was a great company to work for and I'm sad that they had to close all of their stores in my area, my store being one of them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the hiring process. It was questions from customers that could prove difficult or unexpected at times.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process. The rate was set by corporate and I could accept it or refuse it. I accepted it.

Sales Consultant Interview

The process was simple and the mangers are very nice. The questions were not too difficult. You only interview with one manager in the office. It does not take very long.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have faced while on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was able to discuss my hourly pay.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Dimas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2010.

I submitted my interview online. I called to follow-up about my application within a week. The store manager spoke with me and asked me to come into the store for an interview. The manager was very kind. He walked me into the furniture department and asked about my past work, etc. He quickly jumped into the salary question, and I was a bit taken aback. Before leaving, he introduced me to the department manager.

Easy and straight-forward.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!