OfficeMax

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.4

Impress Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

General Interview process and question first phone interview and then a one on one interview with manger and store manager. Questions around flexible schedule working on weekends, holidays and big season for them is "back-to-school" sale in August.

low pay

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

I completed the online. It took about an hour. A few days later, I received a phone call from a manager. He asked me a few questions about my retail experience. He asked me to come to the store for an interview. I interviewed 1:1 with one of the manager. The interview took about 20 minutes. A few days later, he called to offer me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, but you might be asked to demonstrate how you would sell one of their products.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I filled put the application online after seeing a job posted on a job listing website. I was called into an interview about a week later and was offered the job the following day. The interview was just basic question about past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was something you had to do that you disagreed with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Was called & asked if I was still interested in the position.

Logistics Associate Interview

Pretty simple, they called me within a week. The first interview was simple and quick. They asked the usual questions like "tell me about yourself". Asked me how confident i was selling items.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you disobeyed authority and how did you respond.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Sales Consultant Interview

I walked in to the store and asked the manager if they were hiring. The manager asked me to fill out an online application. I got an interview call 2 days after filling the application and started working the 3rd day.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I got interviewed twice. Once by the store manager and once by the assistant store manager. The store manager, Mark, is really laid back and really talks to you about your past experience and gets to know you better. The assistant store manager that doesn't work there anymore wanted me to sell him a desk that was in the store, so be prepared to have a sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I am a customer and sell me this desk over here.   Answer Question
    You start at $9.00. Not sure how it changed with the minimum wage increase.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online and went into the store to talk to the manager. I then had a interview a few days later. He asked easy questions. This was my first job.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Went to the store for a interview, just talk about the basic foundation of the job and daily tasks and ask few behavior questions. Then took a tour at the store and explain how everything works.

District Manager Impress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

The interview process started out great but when I got to the Regional Manager he was not honest about how hostile the work environment was, nor was the District ever bounding to comps which left a horrible taste in my mouth. Once onboard the training was awful and I had years of training experience and I felt I was set up for failure and not success being their rat to get the retail District Manager fired. That DM made my life unbearable!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was standard for the type of position applied.   Answer Question
    They were not honest about the current state of the District or stores

Business Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax.

The process is short less than a half an hour. Come dressed professionally. The most common reason people aren't hired is because they look like they just woke up for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a desk to a customer who has no idea how big their office space is.   View Answer
    Make sure you ask for the money per hour you want. I gave a lower number and was stuck at that pay for a year.