OfficeMax

Very Easy Interview

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Question – I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was scheduled for a face to face interview. Once I was offered and accepted the position a background check and drug test were completed.

Interview Question – The interview questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for an additional $2 per hour and it was accepted.

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

Impress Supervisor (Key)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Easy process and it went fairly quickly. Questions were pretty basic and popular. There were 2 interviews that I had to go through one with a supervisor and one with a manager.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Print Center Supervisor Interview

Print Center Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Can be slow going, requires sales and technology background or aptitude. If you can sell and it's not reflected in your resume, then put it in a cover letter so you don't get passed up. You only get one interview, so make it good. Show up dressed well and don't be late.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had difficulty with a coworker   Answer Question

Business Sales Associate Interview

Business Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – The interview process was rather laid back and comfortable, I never felt like I was under any pressure to give a "corporate" answer or the answer that the manager wanted to hear. I was asked about my employment background and history with retail before engaging in conversation about what OfficeMax does as a company and what my objectives as an employee was. It was a great company to work for and I'm sad that they had to close all of their stores in my area, my store being one of them.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the hiring process. It was questions from customers that could prove difficult or unexpected at times.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. The rate was set by corporate and I could accept it or refuse it. I accepted it.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

Interviewed at OfficeMax

Interview Details – The process was simple and the mangers are very nice. The questions were not too difficult. You only interview with one manager in the office. It does not take very long.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have faced while on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to discuss my hourly pay.

Impress Associate Interview

Impress Associate
San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my interview online. I called to follow-up about my application within a week. The store manager spoke with me and asked me to come into the store for an interview. The manager was very kind. He walked me into the furniture department and asked about my past work, etc. He quickly jumped into the salary question, and I was a bit taken aback. Before leaving, he introduced me to the department manager.

Interview Question – Desired salary, last salary   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy and straight-forward.

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

Copy and Print Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in November 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online then come in to store of choice to speak with hiring manager so they can pull your app and set up an interview. Once those steps are complete there are 2 interviews, first with the Assistant Manager and then with the General Manager. Negotiations with pay happen with the GM.

Interview Question – I was asked about pay and after negotiation with the manager he did not allow me time to get back to him. This put me on the spot and made it so I took lower pay then had intended.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They got me to accept by insisting that I would promote very quickly and the manager of the print shop was quitting. I took the lower pay due to that promise. I did not get that position even though I was doing the job after that manager was shortly fired after I was hired. They hired a replacement manager after 4 months promising to promote me else where.

Do not hire on with promises of promotion they only can pay 20 percent wage increase for internal hires no base. Hire in to the position you want!

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was working internally at the time at a smaller location and applied through the internal portal. I then received a phone call to screen, setup face to face interview afterwards.

Interview Question – Standard questions, some fun questions. Scheduled panel interview after   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short

Sales Associate-cashier Interview

Sales Associate-cashier
Henrietta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview went well. Store manager was very kind and continued to be during my stay there. Assistant store manager was nice during interview but proceeded to be rude once hired. Basic questions asked. One interview, no phone interview.

Interview Question – I always have problems with what are your interests so that was my hardest question to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a basic retail job and they offered a dollar above the minimum wage at the time so I was not about to negotiate that. (8.25)

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!