OfficeMax

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was very simple. Went in with a positive attitude with a drive for success. Got an offer on the spot

Interview Question – Making sure that I was the choice at that precise time   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2012.

Interview Details – I started as a Sales Specialist which the hiring process was you have to go onto website and apply there taking and taking assessment test. After you pass that step you have to do a 1 on 1 interview and if they like what they see you will get an offer letter. For Operations Supervisor had to interview with District Manager and a Manager then if you are selected you get another offer letter.

Interview Question – Really there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Brand Manager Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in by the OfficeMax recruiter. I was a suggestion from current employees. I interviewed once and presented an offer. Very casual interview.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was streamlined and efficient. I was able to meet with the executive team all in one day to maximize my time and theirs.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you deal with difficult personalities.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at OfficeMax

Interview Details – Simply had an in person interview with the store manager and got in.

Interview Question – Describe your sales personality   Answer Question

Impress Specialist Interview

Sparks, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in April 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview, something of a competition. Was thoroughly obvious who was getting hired and who wasn't before the end. Calls were made by the end of the same day, we were asked to demonstrate how we would sell a random item (of our selection) to a customer.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself contributing to the team, and what role do you see yourself fulfilling in the store?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview Details – Saw job online applied, got a phone call about three days later. Had first interview went really great! I was asked simple questions about situations at previous job/ jobs. Just answer to the best of your ability. Make sure to be outgoing (smile,be friendly, and happy). Then got scheduled that day for second interview. The second interview was even easier than the first interview, the questions asked during second interview were pretty much the same as the first in my circumstance. Except when I was asked about how I feel about reward programs, and MaxAssurance. My first interview i would say lasted about fifteen minutes, and my second interview was about 5-10 minutes. I got a phone call that same day after second interview that I got the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – if you are a good negotiator i recommend trying to raise your pay, if possible.

Impress Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview Details – They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Impress Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward with a simple application submission and a follow up interview at which my mention of computer skill with the adobe creative suite as well as pre-press experience and customer service experience made it an almost completely stress free process.

Interview Question – Nothing beyond the normal scope of interview questions surfaced. No red flags at this location beyond the need at that time to bring the print center up to spec.   Answer Question

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

Impress Supervisor (Key)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – One in person interview. Questions are determined by corporate and read to you, with answers recorded by interviewer.

Questions are situational, what would you do, what did you do... provide examples.

Interview Question – Why should you receive this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer and accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at OfficeMax

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OfficeMax interview questions and advice. All 208 interview reviews posted anonymously by OfficeMax employees and interview candidates.