OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Online application, got a phone call a couple days later to schedule an interview. Quick interview, received offer afterwards (based on prior work experience and education level...they have a sheet they look at to determine pay offer).

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd be a long term or short term employee. Didn't really ask too much, just kind of read through my resume and application with me.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview. I talked to the store manager and department manager on the same day, so don't expect multiple interviews. The process was not intimidating and if you land an interview while the store is actively hiring then you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, but expect to be asked about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the manager. The whole interview lasted about a half an hour. She asked pretty basic questions. I was nervous at first, as this would be my first job, but it was very casual. After all the questions she offered me a job right away and gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Ecs Interview

Interview

It was a shortened version of their standard process since they were looking to fill several positions from one of the other centers closing down. I had three interviews in a day with a job offer at the end of them.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The Customer Sales Manager called me in two days after I applied online. Very informal, due to the fact that most prospects are under 20. Personally, I wore a suit, but most applicants could get away with khakis and a dress shirt. We had a 30 Minute conversation about the position and my qualifications pertaining to that position. He then gave me a formal offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in to the store wanting to return a product they had bought thirty-one days prior, and our company policy on returns is thirty days, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Maplewood, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on the 13th of June and got no response back after a week. I called in a week later and the manager I spoke to on the phone said the hiring manager was on vacation and said he'd leave a note to check my application. I waited for a week or 2 and go no response back so I called back and spoke to the hiring manager. She had told me that any applications from the 15th and up got deleted. She told me to reapply for the same position and she'd give me a call the following day. Not to mention, the guy who said he'd leave a note did NOT leave a note for the hiring manager. She didn't find any notes waiting for her. The next day, she'd called me and set up an interview date for the next day around noon. I go to my interview and I ask an employee about the hiring manager and for my interview. She told me to wait by the furniture area and the manager would be with me. I waited approximately 5 - 10 minutes and a regular employee shows up. She pulls up a chair and uses a desk that was on the floor and interviews out into the public. Apparently, there was no office to privately interview me. She asks me the basic questions and writes everything down. She goes to the manager and the manager told her to tell me that there was another candidate in line to interview and they'd get back to me. I'm grateful to have known that I wasn't hired because of the experience I've had; waiting for 3 weeks just to find out my application was deleted, got interviewed by a regular employee, and getting interviewed out on the floor rather than an office. I will never apply to another store that connects with this or Office Depot.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Modesto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They have you wait in furniture till you're call up to be interview in a small back room behind the tech counter. The interview manager was very intimidating and after all they question he asked you during the interview. His exact words if you don't get a call by tomorrow means someone out shine you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me bout yourself? Have done any merchandising? Have you ever sold any insurance?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview must've been a joke because it was pretty funny. Arrived to interview on time, wasn't interviews until 10 minutes later. Interview was in furniture section of the store- that is so weird. Interviewer was coloring little symbols on paper when I answered questions, not sure what they meant. I was told I'd get a call for interview #2. To be honest I walked out of the store thinking I hope they don't call me. The people that worked there are weird and the environment is dark and dreary. I had bad feelings from the moment I walked in. Low and behold I was never called again for a second interview as I was told. The pay isn't good either. Hours were limited.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Are you good with computers/video games? Previous experience?   Answer Question

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Had to do two interviews for what turned out to be a basic warehouse sorting job. Waited one month for first interview, then called back a week later for second interview. I was referred to OfficeMax by a current employee. The pay sounded good for an entry level warehouse job. The outbound hours were odd 3PM-no end time, but it seemed like a job worth applying for. I was called back within a week and was told that they were awaiting the results from my background check. After two weeks I was called in for a face to face interview with one of the shift supervisors. A week later I was called in for a second face to face interview with the Distribution Center Supervisor. I was offered a job on the spot after the second interview. I was sent to submit to a drug test the following morning and would find out my start date pending the results. I was called a few days later and started work a week after. All in all this was a 30-40 day process. The interviews/background check/drug test were fine. It was waiting over a month to actually start working and waiting by the phone that was terrible.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in how my time with the Armed Forces related to working in the warehouse.   1 Answer

Pritning Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was extremely short, with a plethora of complications with their outdated online application, took a full 2 weeks to get an interview, got called in multiple times and my time wasted.