OfficeMax Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
236 interviews

2.4

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax.

My Interview was a bit odd the person interviewing me seemed nerves, her face was red and the questions were not questions I had prepared myself for from reading other questions fro other sites.It didn't seem like they cared about my answers as much as just getting someone in to fill the position. If you are a brown nosier this particular store will work for you. The staff and management were lazy and spent most of the day talking about customers and new employees. They never had more than one cashier on staff, which didn't make sense because the mangers or key holders were not expected to jump on and help you.

Print Center Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Can be slow going, requires sales and technology background or aptitude. If you can sell and it's not reflected in your resume, then put it in a cover letter so you don't get passed up. You only get one interview, so make it good. Show up dressed well and don't be late.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I had an panel interview that spand about 6 hours. The interview started at 8am and anded at 3pm. I met with Mangersfrom four different areas of the business. The facilitatior was nice and accomodating.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult questions really. Lots of process questions.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Went through simple interview process, and answeed the scenarios that the interviewer asked me, and was hired pretty quickly after it.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Applied online and got a call

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with an intolerant person in your group?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2013.

The recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview. Then she called back the next day and cancelled the interview saying that they have changed their direction. For a company that is well-known, their employees should be more professional and organized to only schedule interviews if they are really serious about hiring and not WASTE other people's time.

Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

100% based on interview alone, not work experience or areas of experience.

Interview Questions
    • related to how you would escalate something to an area you do not and have never worked in.   View Answer

Business Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax.

The interview process was rather laid back and comfortable, I never felt like I was under any pressure to give a "corporate" answer or the answer that the manager wanted to hear. I was asked about my employment background and history with retail before engaging in conversation about what OfficeMax does as a company and what my objectives as an employee was. It was a great company to work for and I'm sad that they had to close all of their stores in my area, my store being one of them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the hiring process. It was questions from customers that could prove difficult or unexpected at times.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation process. The rate was set by corporate and I could accept it or refuse it. I accepted it.

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Easy process and it went fairly quickly. Questions were pretty basic and popular. There were 2 interviews that I had to go through one with a supervisor and one with a manager.

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview process was very basic. Simply asked about my background, if I was going to school, what I want to achieve further in life, if I was comfortable working in a retail atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!