OfficeMax Interview Questions

2.4

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I had an panel interview that spand about 6 hours. The interview started at 8am and anded at 3pm. I met with Mangersfrom four different areas of the business. The facilitatior was nice and accomodating.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult questions really. Lots of process questions.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2014.

I talked to two people during my interview, one asked the standard questions, the other i just talked too. It was very easy but we didnt stay in one place, kind of annoying.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I was working for the company already as an assistant store manager when I was referred to the district manager for promotion. Our district manager interviewed every assistant store manager to get a bearing on where his district talent stood. Apparently he picked me and another candidate as his top two. About nine months later is was called for an interview for the store manager position by the district manager. He asked me primarily what I had learned under the two store managers I worked for. He asked what I might do differently than they did. He also asked me what kind of plans I would make for turning around a slow store in our district. There are other things he asked by I cannot recall all of them.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your current store manager's policy or expectations?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Simply had an in person interview with the store manager and got in.

ImPress Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

The process was pretty straightforward with a simple application submission and a follow up interview at which my mention of computer skill with the adobe creative suite as well as pre-press experience and customer service experience made it an almost completely stress free process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing beyond the normal scope of interview questions surfaced. No red flags at this location beyond the need at that time to bring the print center up to spec.   Answer Question

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OfficeMax.

One in person interview. Questions are determined by corporate and read to you, with answers recorded by interviewer.

Questions are situational, what would you do, what did you do... provide examples.

Interview Questions
    I was given an offer and accepted.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Very organized and smooth. Very knowledgeable staff and direct.

Does not matter as new company HQ is in Boca Raton, FL

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Saw job online applied, got a phone call about three days later. Had first interview went really great! I was asked simple questions about situations at previous job/ jobs. Just answer to the best of your ability. Make sure to be outgoing (smile,be friendly, and happy). Then got scheduled that day for second interview. The second interview was even easier than the first interview, the questions asked during second interview were pretty much the same as the first in my circumstance. Except when I was asked about how I feel about reward programs, and MaxAssurance. My first interview i would say lasted about fifteen minutes, and my second interview was about 5-10 minutes. I got a phone call that same day after second interview that I got the job!

Interview Questions
    if you are a good negotiator i recommend trying to raise your pay, if possible.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Applied online and received a call with some simple screening questions of retail experience. I came in for an interview and it was pretty standard. "Tell us of a time you've had a difficult customer," "tell us of a time you've need to meet a goal," that sort of thing.
    Went back for a second interview with the assistant manager and had similar questions, was also asked about my experience with planograms, my warehouse experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult at the time was actually going onto the sales floor and being asked "sell me this printer."   View Answer
    I was relocating to a more expensive area and was quite disappointed in my offer, and they refused to go any higher based on my previous pay

Impress Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question