OfficeMax

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online and went into the store to talk to the manager. I then had a interview a few days later. He asked easy questions. This was my first job.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Went to the store for a interview, just talk about the basic foundation of the job and daily tasks and ask few behavior questions. Then took a tour at the store and explain how everything works.

District Manager Impress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

The interview process started out great but when I got to the Regional Manager he was not honest about how hostile the work environment was, nor was the District ever bounding to comps which left a horrible taste in my mouth. Once onboard the training was awful and I had years of training experience and I felt I was set up for failure and not success being their rat to get the retail District Manager fired. That DM made my life unbearable!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. It was standard for the type of position applied.   Answer Question
    They were not honest about the current state of the District or stores

Business Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax.

The process is short less than a half an hour. Come dressed professionally. The most common reason people aren't hired is because they look like they just woke up for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a desk to a customer who has no idea how big their office space is.   View Answer
    Make sure you ask for the money per hour you want. I gave a lower number and was stuck at that pay for a year.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax in November 2014.

I met with the lead sales associate for the interview. Most of the questions were similar to the questions I got from a college career advisor. The interviewer was very nice, and he mentioned that my interview seemed a lot better compared to the other interviewee candidates. The lead associate called me later that day to schedule an appointment with his boss, but his boss was only available on the day that I was busy. The lead associate never called me back after that day.

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Filled out an application online..Got called in for an interview a few days later. Interviewed by the general manager. The manager asked basic customer service type questions about what i would do in certain situations and questions about myself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked general questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and how would you deal with an angry customer who had a problem   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you to sell them something around you   View Answer

Impress Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question
    Didn't discuss wages.