OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Went to the store for a interview, just talk about the basic foundation of the job and daily tasks and ask few behavior questions. Then took a tour at the store and explain how everything works.

District Manager Impress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

The interview process started out great but when I got to the Regional Manager he was not honest about how hostile the work environment was, nor was the District ever bounding to comps which left a horrible taste in my mouth. Once onboard the training was awful and I had years of training experience and I felt I was set up for failure and not success being their rat to get the retail District Manager fired. That DM made my life unbearable!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. It was standard for the type of position applied.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not honest about the current state of the District or stores

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The process is short less than a half an hour. Come dressed professionally. The most common reason people aren't hired is because they look like they just woke up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a desk to a customer who has no idea how big their office space is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you ask for the money per hour you want. I gave a lower number and was stuck at that pay for a year.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Basic questions on experiences I've had with people regards to teamwork. Also if any problems occured, how did I handle the situation. Really easy questions. Also I didn't have any work experience so they asked me questions based upon services I've done with regards to community service.

Impress Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an interview with the Impress Manager and a follow up interview with the Store Manager. Everything was very laid back. The overall process took a week between the two interviews and being offered the position. Their knowledge of the position they were offering didn't seem to be extremely high.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would succeed in this position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you've shown leadership in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Rockford, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called in by an assistant manager. Asked me questions about my experience with office supplies (obviously). But was more concerned about my knowledge with tech and how it work and relates to other products in the store. Would recommend studying up on ink and toner and printers and such before going in. It's a huge part f the job. People like their printers and ink.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to me if I was an elderly woman coming in wanting to send letters to my grandchildren on my computer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax in November 2014.

Interview

I met with the lead sales associate for the interview. Most of the questions were similar to the questions I got from a college career advisor. The interviewer was very nice, and he mentioned that my interview seemed a lot better compared to the other interviewee candidates. The lead associate called me later that day to schedule an appointment with his boss, but his boss was only available on the day that I was busy. The lead associate never called me back after that day.

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Newnan, GA).

Interview

Filled out an application online..Got called in for an interview a few days later. Interviewed by the general manager. The manager asked basic customer service type questions about what i would do in certain situations and questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and how would you deal with an angry customer who had a problem   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.