OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

One in person interview. Questions are determined by corporate and read to you, with answers recorded by interviewer.

Questions are situational, what would you do, what did you do... provide examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given an offer and accepted.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Very organized and smooth. Very knowledgeable staff and direct.

Negotiation

Does not matter as new company HQ is in Boca Raton, FL

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

Saw job online applied, got a phone call about three days later. Had first interview went really great! I was asked simple questions about situations at previous job/ jobs. Just answer to the best of your ability. Make sure to be outgoing (smile,be friendly, and happy). Then got scheduled that day for second interview. The second interview was even easier than the first interview, the questions asked during second interview were pretty much the same as the first in my circumstance. Except when I was asked about how I feel about reward programs, and MaxAssurance. My first interview i would say lasted about fifteen minutes, and my second interview was about 5-10 minutes. I got a phone call that same day after second interview that I got the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

if you are a good negotiator i recommend trying to raise your pay, if possible.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online and received a call with some simple screening questions of retail experience. I came in for an interview and it was pretty standard. "Tell us of a time you've had a difficult customer," "tell us of a time you've need to meet a goal," that sort of thing.
    Went back for a second interview with the assistant manager and had similar questions, was also asked about my experience with planograms, my warehouse experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult at the time was actually going onto the sales floor and being asked "sell me this printer."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was relocating to a more expensive area and was quite disappointed in my offer, and they refused to go any higher based on my previous pay

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

changes inside the company from one position to another are encouraged but, should be based more on performance and work ethic than what questions you can answer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I completed an application found on officemax website, one day later I got a call from their recruiting department. I had a 30 minute phone interview and was immediately scheduled for a second phone interview with HR. the questions are the same typical questions all managers should be accustomed to; they want to know about your experience dealing with operations, staffing and and sales. I was scheduled for a third interview with the district manager at the location I would be running. My third interview was pretty much the same as the second interview. I had a fourth interview which was much more relaxed; after that interview i was told i had the job within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• .What do you look for when You hire people? this is a hard question because of my experience of interviewing people that i though was a grate first that turned out to be disasters and vice versa. It is hard to truly tell how a candidate will perform during an interview and I dont want to say that during my interview so I usually give the normal corporate BS answer. I really look at the past experience of the candidate and grill them on how they handle different situations, how good are they with coaching and following up on commitments.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax (Happy Valley, OR).

Interview

Process took about 90+ days . I was referred by a close previous friend/store manager

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Put in an application with the in-store kiosk, got a call about 2 weeks later over the phone and set up an interview for Thursday (the next day) did a drug screen that same day and was called in for training on Sunday.

Interview Questions

• What would be your idea of good customer service?   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The recruiters did a good job asking the standard questions and obtaining the expected initial personal information. The interview process included 5 separate interviews occurring on 3 separate days (excessive). The questions were not based on behavioral methodology and seemed to be more investigative in the respect that if I wasn't hired, the ideas and procedural accomplishments I provided would be used to improve their organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was over the phone with the HR contact. I declined the initial offer and counter-offered immediately. The HR contact was obviously given parameters on what would be accepted as we quickly came to an agreement.