OfficeMax

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2009.

Interview Details – Come in, meet with manager and wa-la you should have the job.

Interview Question – why officemax   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Merrillville, IN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2009.

Interview Details – 1 interview with the district manager

Interview Question – explain situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – I applied online. Fairly standard corporate retail application with a long set of questions. About three weeks after I applied I got a phone call from one of the associates and I set up an interview. My first Interview was with the store manager in her office and it was very standard. After that interview she called me later in the day and set up an interview with the operations supervisor I would be working with.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to keep a secret.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Pick something in this room to sell to me

Interview Question – When can you Work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Pay was never discussed or negotiated throughout the entire hiring process. I was a minor and it was my first real job and they took advantage of it. LAter on in my employment I felt taken advantage of due to my childhood ignorance and being rushed to complete my hiring paper work within minutes

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Very good interview process. The whole thing was easy but proffesional.

Impress Specialist Interview

Impress Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

Interview Details – There was a long list of questions. The interviewer barely looked at them.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and the next day got a call to go in for a same day interview. When I got there, I was told to go over to the furniture section to wait for my interviewer. When she came over we went through the basic questions (tell me about yourself; why did you apply to our store; what career I wanted when I graduated from college) then she told me a little more about the job description. After we went through everything, she asked me what days/times I have classes (to work out my schedule), what I expected the pay for the position to be (to see if we were on the same page), and if I could see myself working here. I was offered the position at the end, and filled out the paperwork for the background check and drug test.

Interview Question – All of the questions I was asked, I had found online through a "job interview questions" search. I wasn't really expecting the question about pay though.   View Answer

Customer Service/Cashier Interview

Customer Service/Cashier
Winchester, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call 3 days later. Went in for an interview 2 days after that. The interview was with 2 co-managers. They asked questions about my experience, my availability, etc.

Interview Question – How would you try to sell me this stapler?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt that what I would be doing would be worth more than minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – Regional HR, Then DM and LP

Interview Question – What does the perfect sales team consist of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they were open and honest about pay abilities and increase if the right person where hired. I came in at top scale with my experience level.

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back from the hiring manager and set up an interview time.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy. I was asked to sell the chair I was sitting in to him (the hiring manager).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, it was either take it or leave it, this is what we are offering.

Interviews for Top Jobs at OfficeMax