OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you to sell them something around you   1 Answer

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't discuss wages.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Turnaround time between initial application and interview short. Interview process short and easy but store highly unorganized and it took a long time to even see the manager. I know it was a busy time but everyone seemed unhappy or stressed.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a upsell to a customer purchasing flyers for a new business. (Upsell=add on to puchase)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Very basic interview process. First. You gets e-mail from a corporate recruiter. Then, if you pass the recruiters initial screening you will have a interview with a district or store manager. Mine happened to be with the store manager. Very cool guy actually. My interview was basically talking about metrics and what I did to move them in my previous roles. After about a week I was again contacted by corporate recruiter to make a job offer. Was less then what a competitor was offering me and they shockingly matched it. I accepted the offer got more money then I thought. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service scores or numbers where you held to in previous role?   Answer Question
    • What metrics were you responsible in previous role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2014.

Interview

the interviewing was simple not alot of pressure really they only asked basic questions about how I felt about the position and my availablity to work it was a average type of interview no real reason to be nervous about anything.

Interview Questions

• Asking how much I think I can sell when I had no work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

it wasn't a negotiation he offered and i accepted

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Easy process and it went fairly quickly. Questions were pretty basic and popular. There were 2 interviews that I had to go through one with a supervisor and one with a manager.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Print Center Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Can be slow going, requires sales and technology background or aptitude. If you can sell and it's not reflected in your resume, then put it in a cover letter so you don't get passed up. You only get one interview, so make it good. Show up dressed well and don't be late.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The interview process was rather laid back and comfortable, I never felt like I was under any pressure to give a "corporate" answer or the answer that the manager wanted to hear. I was asked about my employment background and history with retail before engaging in conversation about what OfficeMax does as a company and what my objectives as an employee was. It was a great company to work for and I'm sad that they had to close all of their stores in my area, my store being one of them.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the hiring process. It was questions from customers that could prove difficult or unexpected at times.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process. The rate was set by corporate and I could accept it or refuse it. I accepted it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was simple and the mangers are very nice. The questions were not too difficult. You only interview with one manager in the office. It does not take very long.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced while on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to discuss my hourly pay.