OfficeMax

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.3

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

I was called by the SM to setup an 1st interview. I felt the interview was well conducted. Questions asked were very basic.

A week later I received another call to interview with a second person, that interview was later canceled because the person that was suppose to do the interview wasn't able to conduct the interview. I was told that the ASM would conduct the interview instead. The interview with the ASM went well. The questions asked were very basic. The ASM did tell me that someone already employed at the store was applying for the same position.

A few days later I received a call asking me if I could come in and do the drug test that was required. After the test came back with a good result I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The SM asked me a weirdly worded questions regarding ethics.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate, and was told that the offer was the highest that could be offered for that position even with my years of retail management experience.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

Normal interview for position, with detailed questions about P&L and metrics. Big focus on people development. Requirement of full compliment of skills and balance of qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • I expected at this level for the questions to be detailed and commensurate with the job level.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

Why did you choose OfficeMax? Interview was very basic. Asked me about my availability, then continued onto what i did at my previous job, also how the job skills i learned can be put into play with the open position at OfficeMax. He asked me to Sale him a Bookshelf... (when they ask you to sell them an item, your job is to sell that item but ALSO add other things onto it aswell, in my case it was a lamp, warranty, if it was for a business include the services they had for business's)

Interview Questions
    • Sale me this bookshelf. Why should i hire you?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online. Fairly standard corporate retail application with a long set of questions. About three weeks after I applied I got a phone call from one of the associates and I set up an interview. My first Interview was with the store manager in her office and it was very standard. After that interview she called me later in the day and set up an interview with the operations supervisor I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to keep a secret.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Very good interview process. The whole thing was easy but proffesional.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Pick something in this room to sell to me

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. Pay was never discussed or negotiated throughout the entire hiring process. I was a minor and it was my first real job and they took advantage of it. LAter on in my employment I felt taken advantage of due to my childhood ignorance and being rushed to complete my hiring paper work within minutes

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlstadt, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlstadt, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2013.

had a panel of three people and were good people.

we would like to make you an offer and if so we will send out the offer letter.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2013.

The recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview. Then she called back the next day and cancelled the interview saying that they have changed their direction. For a company that is well-known, their employees should be more professional and organized to only schedule interviews if they are really serious about hiring and not WASTE other people's time.

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2013.

Met with Sales Manager. He was a total box ticker with HR questions. No personality at all. Did not get to know anything about my personality. Just wanted warm bodies I guess. Bad experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • They were all standard interview questions that you could download from any website.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Just an offer.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Regional HR, Then DM and LP

Interview Questions
    • What does the perfect sales team consist of?   View Answer
    they were open and honest about pay abilities and increase if the right person where hired. I came in at top scale with my experience level.