OfficeMax

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Naperville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2011.

Interview Details – I would rate my overall experience as great. The interviewers were all well versed in their areas of expertise and provided me many opportunities to comment and explain how I would be an asset to their team. I was also provided with adequate time to speak to each individual which gave me the time to properly divulge my skills.

Interview Question – How would you market paper products along with technical equipment?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online & was contacted by HR about a week later to discuss my experience. Was then set up with an in person interview a week later with 4 different people - 30 minutes each. First was the hiring manager. The rest were people that work with the team (though one person had only been there 4 days). About a week later was contacted to set up a final interview with one more person. That in person interview turned to a phone interview bc of schedule issues and was only about 20 minutes long. About a week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected at all. Mostly going over my experiences and explaining how my skills could be a good fit for the new job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary an extra $2k. Not able to negotiate vacation time.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!