OfficeMax Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I had an panel interview that spand about 6 hours. The interview started at 8am and anded at 3pm. I met with Mangersfrom four different areas of the business. The facilitatior was nice and accomodating.

Interview Questions
  • Not difficult questions really. Lots of process questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2012.

I started as a Sales Specialist which the hiring process was you have to go onto website and apply there taking and taking assessment test. After you pass that step you have to do a 1 on 1 interview and if they like what they see you will get an offer letter. For Operations Supervisor had to interview with District Manager and a Manager then if you are selected you get another offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Really there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Applied online and received a call with some simple screening questions of retail experience. I came in for an interview and it was pretty standard. "Tell us of a time you've had a difficult customer," "tell us of a time you've need to meet a goal," that sort of thing.
    Went back for a second interview with the assistant manager and had similar questions, was also asked about my experience with planograms, my warehouse experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult at the time was actually going onto the sales floor and being asked "sell me this printer."   View Answer
    I was relocating to a more expensive area and was quite disappointed in my offer, and they refused to go any higher based on my previous pay

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2013.

One interview with the store manager. Asked good questions and I was able to answer them all. Got a call just a couple days later for an offer

Interview Questions
    very easy. i got paid more than i asked for

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

I was called by the SM to setup an 1st interview. I felt the interview was well conducted. Questions asked were very basic.

A week later I received another call to interview with a second person, that interview was later canceled because the person that was suppose to do the interview wasn't able to conduct the interview. I was told that the ASM would conduct the interview instead. The interview with the ASM went well. The questions asked were very basic. The ASM did tell me that someone already employed at the store was applying for the same position.

A few days later I received a call asking me if I could come in and do the drug test that was required. After the test came back with a good result I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The SM asked me a weirdly worded questions regarding ethics.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate, and was told that the offer was the highest that could be offered for that position even with my years of retail management experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Online application. I got a call from the store team leader a couple of weeks later. The interview was pretty run of the mill. I had my first interview with the store team leader and had the second interview with the STL and district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were ones that I had heard from other interviews so nothing about it took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2010.

The first interview was over the phone. The second interivew was with the people I would be working with-in person. That went well. However, when I met with the actual hiring managers, I didn't get the impression they were very excited about hiring someone from the outside. I would advise someone interviewing with the company to get a clear understanding as to why they are looking for someone outside of the company instead of hiring from within.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for the company?   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2008.

Interview was ok. Could of been better, and the Store Manager didn't pay any attention at all. He didn't make eye contact, he was dressed very sloppy, and he didn't even read my resume when I handed it to him. I like OfficeMax, but management can be chosen better.

Interview Questions

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!