OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call to come to interview at the store. Interview with the store manager and the assistant manager with another candidates at the same time. They ask general interview questions and situation questions. Toke about 45 mins for the whole thing. It was harder than other people I have read online

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at OfficeMax?
    Tell me about yourself?
    How would you sell items in the store?
    How to build trust with other employees?
    How to handle angry customers?
    How to deal with irresponsible employees?
    Did you ever take initiative in a situation?
    How did you over a problem?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store to talk to the manager. I then had a interview a few days later. He asked easy questions. This was my first job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you to sell them something around you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Interview

I applied online. I got called back in a few days to do a 1-on-1 interview. The guy was pretty chill, we talked a bit about video games and computer stuff.

Interview Questions

• Asked me typical interview questions. Asked about the specs on my laptop.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simply had an in person interview with the store manager and got in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

Saw job online applied, got a phone call about three days later. Had first interview went really great! I was asked simple questions about situations at previous job/ jobs. Just answer to the best of your ability. Make sure to be outgoing (smile,be friendly, and happy). Then got scheduled that day for second interview. The second interview was even easier than the first interview, the questions asked during second interview were pretty much the same as the first in my circumstance. Except when I was asked about how I feel about reward programs, and MaxAssurance. My first interview i would say lasted about fifteen minutes, and my second interview was about 5-10 minutes. I got a phone call that same day after second interview that I got the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

if you are a good negotiator i recommend trying to raise your pay, if possible.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online. Fairly standard corporate retail application with a long set of questions. About three weeks after I applied I got a phone call from one of the associates and I set up an interview. My first Interview was with the store manager in her office and it was very standard. After that interview she called me later in the day and set up an interview with the operations supervisor I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to keep a secret.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax (Provo, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

The asked all the normal questions about how you would react in different sales and customer service situations. The process was pretty relaxed and fun. No group interviews which I loved. There were a lot of questions that probably were not necessary, but I understand the need to screen thoroughly. They will ask you to demonstrate how you would sell an object in the office to test your sales skills as well as your verbal communication skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

It went great, they were nice fast and effective. I told them as much about myself as possible. Actually I think they are a great corny and I think this is silly for me to have to fill out a review to read other reviews, it's the only reason I'm even writing this.