OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the manager. The whole interview lasted about a half an hour. She asked pretty basic questions. I was nervous at first, as this would be my first job, but it was very casual. After all the questions she offered me a job right away and gave me some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The Customer Sales Manager called me in two days after I applied online. Very informal, due to the fact that most prospects are under 20. Personally, I wore a suit, but most applicants could get away with khakis and a dress shirt. We had a 30 Minute conversation about the position and my qualifications pertaining to that position. He then gave me a formal offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in to the store wanting to return a product they had bought thirty-one days prior, and our company policy on returns is thirty days, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Campbell, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There was an online screening to determine whether or not you would be a good fit for the store before an in person interview. After that, there was an in person interview. The process took roughly one week. The hiring manager asked pretty general questions and a couple days later I was offered a job. I declined because I had another job offering.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call to come to interview at the store. Interview with the store manager and the assistant manager with another candidates at the same time. They ask general interview questions and situation questions. Toke about 45 mins for the whole thing. It was harder than other people I have read online

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at OfficeMax? Tell me about yourself? How would you sell items in the store? How to build trust with other employees? How to handle angry customers? How to deal with irresponsible employees? Did you ever take initiative in a situation? How did you over a problem?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store to talk to the manager. I then had a interview a few days later. He asked easy questions. This was my first job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you to sell them something around you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Interview

I applied online. I got called back in a few days to do a 1-on-1 interview. The guy was pretty chill, we talked a bit about video games and computer stuff.

Interview Questions

• Asked me typical interview questions. Asked about the specs on my laptop.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Sterling Heights, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied the day prior, was called next day, in for an interview the day leading. Hired on the spot. Very easy questions Manager describes what the business is about Asks what you expect out of the company Asks about your future.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simply had an in person interview with the store manager and got in.