OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

43 interviews

2.0

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2011.

Applied online. Received a phone call within a week to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interviewer was a manager leaving for another store, and had my interview the last night he was working. He asked questions pertaining to my leadership experience, situation-based questions ("tell me a time when..."), and he told me about the company's intended competitors (WalMart). He offered me the job before I left, told me I had an excellent interview, and told me a date to arrive. The downside: I arrived on the scheduled date and the new manager had NO IDEA who I was or why I was there. Took another few weeks before I finished the required documentation/drug screening needed for me to officially become hired, get my uniform, and start work.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. I got called back in a few days to do a 1-on-1 interview. The guy was pretty chill, we talked a bit about video games and computer stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me typical interview questions. Asked about the specs on my laptop.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Simply had an in person interview with the store manager and got in.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Saw job online applied, got a phone call about three days later. Had first interview went really great! I was asked simple questions about situations at previous job/ jobs. Just answer to the best of your ability. Make sure to be outgoing (smile,be friendly, and happy). Then got scheduled that day for second interview. The second interview was even easier than the first interview, the questions asked during second interview were pretty much the same as the first in my circumstance. Except when I was asked about how I feel about reward programs, and MaxAssurance. My first interview i would say lasted about fifteen minutes, and my second interview was about 5-10 minutes. I got a phone call that same day after second interview that I got the job!

Interview Questions
    if you are a good negotiator i recommend trying to raise your pay, if possible.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2009.

Come in, meet with manager and wa-la you should have the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

I applied online. Fairly standard corporate retail application with a long set of questions. About three weeks after I applied I got a phone call from one of the associates and I set up an interview. My first Interview was with the store manager in her office and it was very standard. After that interview she called me later in the day and set up an interview with the operations supervisor I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to keep a secret.   View Answer
    No negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2012.

Applied online, got a call back from the hiring manager and set up an interview time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty easy. I was asked to sell the chair I was sitting in to him (the hiring manager).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, it was either take it or leave it, this is what we are offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2011.

I applied on 9/10, got the interview the following day, and was hired one day later. Very simple process. They clearly needed more people on the floor, and being in high school I was glad to take any position they could offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2009.

I first applied online, and then received a phone call to set up an in person interview. I first interview with the assistant store manager, and then interviewed with the GM. Interview questions were pretty standard, and focused on behavioral questions as well as past experience in retail.

None

Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2013.

You apply online and choose the position you're applying for amongst the available list. A week or two later they may call you if they find your application and resume is interesting. The interview process depends with each store's recruit manager. I had two interviews at different OfficeMax locations. In one of them the interview was really casual and laid back. We talked mostly about my previous job experiences, education, the duties of the job and whether I'd be committed to the hours, which where early morning. The other interview on one hand, was more of your standard generic Q&A interview that required giving examples and not generalizing them. Describe what makes a good sales associate, tell of a time when you took initiative action, and so on so forth. So be prepared for either approach. It doesn't matter if you walk in with a nice suit and tie, if you can't answer these questions appropriately it just makes you look silly. Most of the employee dress casual uniform anyway, polo shirts with khakis, so try not over dress. Even though when you walk into the store an it seems laid back and quiet, the employers describe the job as rigorous and demanding.

Interview Questions

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!