OfficeMax Sales Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

1.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

The process was simple and the mangers are very nice. The questions were not too difficult. You only interview with one manager in the office. It does not take very long.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult situation you have faced while on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
I was able to discuss my hourly pay.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2011.

Two guys trying to convince me to why take the job. Hmmmm. Why are these guys trying to sell me the job so eagerly, and at the same time, explain why there is a high employee turn over.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a job that requires you to sell a certain amount of crap a week to cover your worthless ass? Otherwise, they will fire you after a month.   View Answer
    Sign and trade you soul

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Pick something in this room to sell to me

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. Pay was never discussed or negotiated throughout the entire hiring process. I was a minor and it was my first real job and they took advantage of it. LAter on in my employment I felt taken advantage of due to my childhood ignorance and being rushed to complete my hiring paper work within minutes

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Applied online
    got a call in a week and set up an interview
    got drug test info at the interview
    was hired the following week

Interview Questions
    • Describing a situation if a customer is unsatisifed and gets angry   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in December 2012.

Hiring process is very laid back. Most often done on the furniture pad at a comfortable desk. First interview is with assistant manager and if they like you then you will speak with the store manager. If that goes well you will be asked for a drug test and the job will be yours.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a laser printer and an inkjet printer.   View Answer
    Not a lot of wiggle room but I was able to get what I wanted. Just take what is offered and work for advancement.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Hiring was internal. Our store had just lost several people all at once and I asked to be considered for the position (which at the time was new). Applied through the same web portal that external applicants apply through, but mentioned that I was an internal candidate. No other interview was required, just a statement of purpose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2013.

Filled out an application online after viewing the position on indeed.com. Submitted an excellent cover letter that attracted the hiring managers attention. About a week later I received a phone call and was asked a few questions such as my previous employment and why I want to work for officemax. They were very simple questions. Next I scheduled an interview that week and did a one on one sit down with the manager she asked about 20 questions nothing hard. Sell me something in the room? Tell me about a time you had to trust an employee? The interview process was fast and fairly simple. She said she had to interview some more ppl and she would get back to me. About two weeks later I was offered a position and asked to come in and do a drug test and background check. I was a little confused because usually a job will do all of that before offering you a position. But everything checked out and I got the job. Seriously study up on technology and specs because you will need this knowledge for this job. Be yourself and professionalism is a must.

Interview Questions
    It's minimum wage non negotiable unless you have more experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2010.

Got job interview by walking in and asking if they were hiring. Manager said they are and asked me if i filled out an application online. I haven't yet at that time, so he told me to write down my name and go fill out an application and he will talk to the store manager about getting me an interview. Got a phone call 2 days later for a scheduled interview. The interview consisted of 2 Managers. First the assistant store manager and then the store manager. They both basically asked questions like, do you have any customer service experience, what would you do in a situation with an angry customer or if your having complications with a customer at the register getting the right product, what would you do?

Interview Questions
    • no real difficult questions. majority of them were common sense questions and recent experience questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2012.

I found out OfficeMax was hiring a Printing Associate from an ad on Craig's List. I called and they told me to apply online. I did so, it was not very long. Just a few questions and basic info. I believe you can upload your resume. I was then asked to come in to have an interview on about an hours notice, which for me was ok. I came in and had a talk with the hiring manager in charge of the printing area (Impress). We talked for a little bit, he notices that I have a strong background in computers and recommends me to talk to another person fr a different position (sales consultant). Pretty standard questions were asked like job history (what you did), why do you want to work at office max, etc. In the end they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was: "Why do you want to work at officemax?" with a career in perspective. My major at college and previous experience didn't really fit so it was sort of awkward. I was just looking for a part-time job nearby that I could make money while in college.   View Answer

I declined the offer because I was looking for higher pay based on my experience/education. A sales consultant starts at a much lower rate when working part-time (about 1-2 dollars less). However the hours were nice and they were flexible which interested me in the first place since I am still a student. The managers were really nice/cool too.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!