OfficeMax Store Associate Interview Questions

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question
She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2014.

I talked to two people during my interview, one asked the standard questions, the other i just talked too. It was very easy but we didnt stay in one place, kind of annoying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in January 2014.

Put in an application with the in-store kiosk, got a call about 2 weeks later over the phone and set up an interview for Thursday (the next day) did a drug screen that same day and was called in for training on Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your idea of good customer service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in August 2013.

I filled out an application online and the next day got a call to go in for a same day interview. When I got there, I was told to go over to the furniture section to wait for my interviewer. When she came over we went through the basic questions (tell me about yourself; why did you apply to our store; what career I wanted when I graduated from college) then she told me a little more about the job description. After we went through everything, she asked me what days/times I have classes (to work out my schedule), what I expected the pay for the position to be (to see if we were on the same page), and if I could see myself working here. I was offered the position at the end, and filled out the paperwork for the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions I was asked, I had found online through a "job interview questions" search. I wasn't really expecting the question about pay though.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

I submitted my application, a few days later they called to set up an interview. I went in, they had me sit in their furniture section, and they met me there. They asked the basic "how would you handle -blank- situation" questions. The main thing it takes to get hired is a professional attitude, answers to each question, and passing a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, really just seeing how you would react to different situations.   Answer Question
    They asked how much I'd like to make an hour, I said minimum wage, they came back with that they always offer at least $8/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

Submitted application online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Interview was one-on-one and seemed to go fine. The assistant manager said that he would either call me that night or the next day. He ended up calling me a week later and sent me off to do a drug test. It's been two weeks since then and I hadn't heard anything back so I just called the store and the manager said that they are waiting on my background check. He said that because I have lived in a couple of different places in the past year and a half it takes a little while longer for those results but they generally take a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation yet, haven't even really been told if it's part time or full time or what my pay will be (I'm assuming it'll be minimum wage because that's what I put on the application)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

Applied online, called a few days later for an interview. I went in, we sat down and the manager began to go over the pay rate, and store hours. Manager asked me to tell him a little bit about myself which I did, we then went over previous positions, and skills. He started to ask me how confident would I be when it comes to selling products then he asked me several questions on how to sell X products, all questions were not read from the paper by the way. He also mentioned that a call should be made Friday (Yesterday 6/7/13) which wasn't made.

At some point during the interview the manager asked me If i knew how to sing, which threw me off because I thought he really wanted me to sing a song but he did not ha ha, I guess he was softening the mood, so then I proceeded to ask him a few questions about Team Work, His daily routines and we went over the Insurance programs, after that we shook hands, discussed the rain that was falling outside and went on my merry way.

Interview Questions
    • Why Office Max?   View Answer
    • What is your definition of Customer Service?   View Answer
    • Say there was an issue with your fellow co worker, you're on a team and he is not picking up the pace and is slowing you down, how would you handle that situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

I applied online and they called me about two weeks later to set up an interview in person. The interview itself was pretty relaxing. They asked six or so behavioral questions. What was interested was that they me greet a few customers to see how I would do. I didn't get a job at the first OfficeMax I interviewed at, but got my application forwarded to another OfficeMax location where I was accepted.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

Total of two interviews, one with assistant store manager, and store manager. Lost of basic questions about customer service.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax in April 2013.

Get called in for a face to face interview with the ASM, come in interview day, 1:1, typical basic behavioral questions, then evaluated based on responses and demeanor during the interview. Got called for a second interview with the Store manager on in depth questions about employment history, why you want to work there, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work here compared to other jobs out there?   Answer Question