OfficeMax

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Question – I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Okemos, MI

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2014.

Interview Details – I talked to two people during my interview, one asked the standard questions, the other i just talked too. It was very easy but we didnt stay in one place, kind of annoying.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in April 2013.

Interview Details – Get called in for a face to face interview with the ASM, come in interview day, 1:1, typical basic behavioral questions, then evaluated based on responses and demeanor during the interview. Got called for a second interview with the Store manager on in depth questions about employment history, why you want to work there, etc.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here compared to other jobs out there?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2014.

Interview Details – Put in an application with the in-store kiosk, got a call about 2 weeks later over the phone and set up an interview for Thursday (the next day) did a drug screen that same day and was called in for training on Sunday.

Interview Question – What would be your idea of good customer service?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Holland, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, a few days later they called to set up an interview. I went in, they had me sit in their furniture section, and they met me there. They asked the basic "how would you handle -blank- situation" questions. The main thing it takes to get hired is a professional attitude, answers to each question, and passing a drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, really just seeing how you would react to different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I'd like to make an hour, I said minimum wage, they came back with that they always offer at least $8/hr.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and the next day got a call to go in for a same day interview. When I got there, I was told to go over to the furniture section to wait for my interviewer. When she came over we went through the basic questions (tell me about yourself; why did you apply to our store; what career I wanted when I graduated from college) then she told me a little more about the job description. After we went through everything, she asked me what days/times I have classes (to work out my schedule), what I expected the pay for the position to be (to see if we were on the same page), and if I could see myself working here. I was offered the position at the end, and filled out the paperwork for the background check and drug test.

Interview Question – All of the questions I was asked, I had found online through a "job interview questions" search. I wasn't really expecting the question about pay though.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

Interview Details – apply online, they call you to set interview, then interview you about your knowledge of office supplies and then if you pass then you work.

Interview Question – Try and sell me something role play where you play as the associate and the hireing manager as customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – school and overall the work was not worth it

Statesboro, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Interview was one-on-one and seemed to go fine. The assistant manager said that he would either call me that night or the next day. He ended up calling me a week later and sent me off to do a drug test. It's been two weeks since then and I hadn't heard anything back so I just called the store and the manager said that they are waiting on my background check. He said that because I have lived in a couple of different places in the past year and a half it takes a little while longer for those results but they generally take a week.

Interview Question – Sell an item in the area   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation yet, haven't even really been told if it's part time or full time or what my pay will be (I'm assuming it'll be minimum wage because that's what I put on the application)

Gilbert, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

Interview Details – Total of two interviews, one with assistant store manager, and store manager. Lost of basic questions about customer service.

Interview Question – Selling the employer a computer desk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate hourly wage

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me about two weeks later to set up an interview in person. The interview itself was pretty relaxing. They asked six or so behavioral questions. What was interested was that they me greet a few customers to see how I would do. I didn't get a job at the first OfficeMax I interviewed at, but got my application forwarded to another OfficeMax location where I was accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!