OfficeTeam

Relevance Date Difficulty

Temporary Employee Interview

Temporary Employee
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeTeam.

Interview Details – When I started in 2008, the placement team was excellent. Professional, friendly, good interviewing skills. You came away with a sense that they were interested in you as a candidate, and wanted to work to find a good fit on placement

Interview Question – Good question. I don't remember anything that caught me off guard. Everything was covered on my resume and they realized I was unemployed because of economy, not because I did anything wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, temporary job, pay rate was pre-set. I could accept or decline.

Temporary Employee Interview

Temporary Employee
Indian Wells, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeTeam in January 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online about two weeks later I received a call to go over my application and to come in for an interview with the office manager. Prior to the interview I was emailed a link with three assessments to complete. First was a basic math/comprehension/reading assessment, Second was testing on basic office skills such as alphabetical and numerical filing, the knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Third was a typing test. I was also told to bring a resume, cover letter, picture identification card and my social security card.

When I stepped into the office, the environment was welcoming. I checked in with the front office assistant and she gave me forms to fill out which included W-2 and I-9 forms. She also asked for my identification card and Social to make copies, at first I questioned her and she said they need it for their records to continue my application process (I assumed background purposes).

I was then called in by the office manager and the district manager. They did small talk about their company and what they expect of their employees. They asked me general questions about my past work experiences, school, and what type of office knowledge I have. They went over my resume and cover letter, made notes on how to improve it. Next thing I know they are telling me they will be calling me for any temp positions available.

Interview Question – They did not ask any difficult questions. They were general and more of "a get to know you" conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it is a temporary agency, there is no negotiation. They pay you when you take on an assignment.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeTeam in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview is about an hour, they ask a lot of detailed questions so they know how to properly place you. They go through each job in detail from your past, and want to know everything you ever did. They also ask a lot about how low you are willing to take since most of the positions are not high pay.

Interview Question – Trying to explain why you didn't like your last job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeTeam in September 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the staffing agency after applying online. The interview was very easy and was more of a skills assessment to determine which company would be a good fit. I spent some time doing computer skills assessment and it calculated speed, accuracy and knowledge. The staffing agent I met with was very easy to work with and was eager to find a position I would be interested in.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected in this interview.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at OfficeTeam in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is more like an hire on the spot and see what jobs you are capable of fulfilling. They ask for your career preferences which is nice and ask about you related experience. You will then have to sign all the legal paperwork to be hired as a temp.

Interview Question – How much you are willing to be paid?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you jobs that need to be filled and see if you're up to doing it. These employers than give you a review ultimately giving you better reputation as a temp within the office. Good reviews = better high paying jobs

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Forest Hills, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeTeam in September 2013.

Interview Details – First the Application Process; Basically you fill out small application, give previous jobs you've done with a small description. You have to also attached your Resume to the Application at the end.

If they Like your application, Meaning if its relate-able to any for their associate companies; they call you in.
The Interview is where they have you fill out forms for references and be much more detailed about your previous jobs.
When a Rep. talks to you, you will be asked what programs are you good at ie.(excel, Quickbook etc.) Be honest! because you will be tested and timed for the third and Last part. and They WILL call your references. Than they ask what kind of Interests you have or Environment you want to work in.

P.S. Beware: The Company that hired you through Robert Half Office Team might conduct their own interview depending on the type of employment you are look for.

Interview Question – What was your experience at your last job/ How would you describe your experience at your last job with one word, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try and keep In contact with your recruiter. If you are not happy, not comfortable, not being treated fairly, let them know, they are the Mediator between you and the Company you were assignment. But, don't tell them you when you take vacation time or days off even if the company says its fine, Office team will likely replace you

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at OfficeTeam in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was the best part about this place. Not so much for the actual experience. The assignments were always short and the pay was terrible. No explanation as to why. Did not match my background or talents.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at OfficeTeam.

Interview Details – They will call you in about 5 days or later after you apply and the interview was conversational and quick.
They will ask you some common interview questions such as: What can you provide to this company? What is your best skill?.. etc. Other than that, everything should go well.

Sewickley, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OfficeTeam.

Interview Details – Initial process of application and screening went well, with the exception that no matter what conditions of office culture or circumstances, once an assignment was agreed upon the client was right.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were available.

Temporary Employee Candidate Interview

Temporary Employee Candidate
Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at OfficeTeam.

Interview Details – Interview with one of their staff recruiters. A number of telephone calls about other interviews. I was finally placed when they called and said they needed to fill XX positions but they couldn't give accurate job description. Turns out, a lot of what I was promised during that phone conversation and subsequent e-mails was a lie.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working through us?   View Answer

Worked for OfficeTeam? Contribute to the Community!