OfficeTeam

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeTeam in November 2012.

The process started when a female employee of the Merrillville, IN Office Team (a division of Robert Half) contacted me about my resume. We discussed their goals as well as my own. She told me they had a Staffing Manager going on maternity / medical leave, they were looking to add a 5th SM whether that employee came back to work or not. She said they were eager to hire asap and had already interviewed a number of candidates and would like to get me in asap. I asked about compensation and she stated that the opportunity carried a base + commission arrangement, with a base of 35-40k. At that point she asked to set up a time to come in for an interview for the next or following day.

I showed up for my interview, they had me fill out some paperwork, then I interviewed with her. She and I seem to really hit it off, she complimented me on my professional approach and seemed genuinely excited about my potential with them. She then told me I'd meet with her boss.

He came in, and we discussed the opportunity and my background. He seemed a little less enthusiastic, but warmed during the discussion after I showed him some of my accomplishments and discussing my goals. This is where things began to go wrong, and downright unproffessional on their part. He specifically asked if I had knowledge of the salary range, and I said yes "She mentioned it was 35-40k" which she had indicated on the phone. At this point he paused, then notified me that her number was incorrect, and that it was more "around 35k". Now it's okay for an organization to change their salary structure, but you'd think when interviewing (especially at a staffing firm) they'd know to discuss the salary range amongst themselves BEFORE interviewing.

Even with the strange exchange, I took it in stride, and told him I was still interested (which I was, but I was still hoping to negotiate a salary on the high end based on my previous salaries and experience). He indicated he would be in touch the Monday after Thanksgiving about the next interview (with his boss), and specifically asked that I let them know if I decided to take another role. This naturally leads me to believe I am a candidate they wish to consider for the next step, but at the very least, I know I will have an answer on 11/26. Since there was a week inbetween, I made sure to send a thank you to each of them the following day, as well as to wish them a happy holiday while including some bullet points as to why I was the candidate they were looking for.

That Monday came around, and no word. I left vm's for the first both interviewees, requesting a follow up call to notify if I was still in the running. Another day went by and nothing. Late that Wednesday I dropped an e-mail asking if I was still in consideration, and again no response from either. I called the following Monday for my 1st contact, and the receptionist specifically told me she indicated I should talk with her boss and that he was not available, and to leave another VM. I did. No response.

Based on this unprofessional experience, I would not recommend applicants pursue an opportunity with OFFICE TEAM / Robert Half in Merrillville, Indiana. I can't think of anything more disrespectful than to have a company inquire about your availability, take hours of your time both on the phone and in person, then not to bother to follow up by phone or e-mail. It's insulting. On top of all this, the fact that they work in the employment industry makes this that much more inexcusable. I can only speak for my experience with this office- here's to hoping the other OFFICE TEAM branches are run better.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeTeam

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeTeam in March 2012.

Interview was brief and pretty basic. Interviewer asked about the ideal position that I am looking for, salary requirement and mostly about the information that I put on my resume. I was referred to his Manager for another brief interview and was later on asked if I really want this kind of job. I turned it down eventually when I learned that the location is too far away from my home.

Interview Questions
    • What were your responsibilities in your previous work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeTeam in April 2008.

I was called by a recruiter to interview for a position with Office Team. I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview. Met with the manager of the group, given a tour of the office, interviewed with the location manager, then introduced to employees in the office. A few days later, I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I was looking to leave my current employer. I thought this was an odd question since they called me and I had not been looking to leave.   View Answer
    The offer was much higher than expected so I did not negotiate.