Ofgem Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 25, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial question was - Why do you want this job? It was a competency based interview based upon the competencies listed in the role profile. 4 competency based questions followed by 3 role specific questions. It was one hour long and it was conducted by a panel of three people. They were very friendly and so long as you have done plenty of preparation, the interview is a breeze.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ofgem in May 2015.

Interview

After arriving to the reception and hearing from the waiting room as the receptionists had a good laugh at my name the whole process was a bit of a pain and not only for me. Just before the interview, suddenly, I was informed the I had to take a technical test. Which was fine but the time allocated (30 mins) was not sufficient. After waiting for 15 mins when the test finished I was invited into a room with three interviewers. One from HR and two from the department. After yet another sarcastic comment about my test they asked (read) me a few prepared question which they must had found on some web site and rather irrelevant to the position advertised. As soon as I was asked the first couple of questions I felt like this was the wrong place to work for a professional. It would probably be OK for a contractor or someone who can do the talk... In the end, judging from interviewers body language (especially HR rep) they could not wait to get out from that room. I probably felt the same. From my experience, when I had been interviewed and interviewed the others this interview was the example how not to do this. There were not challenging or open questions. Just "examples of this" and "examples of that". Needless to say, I did not get the job. I would probably decline even if I did. I provide the questions I was asked to the best of my recollection. You judge the answers but they are different from I had to come up with during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us some examples of your analytical thinking.   1 Answer
    • Do you deal with the budget at your current work place?   1 Answer

Analyst, Electricity Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ofgem (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The whole interview lasts approximately 1h30. The first half-hour consisted of an Excel test. The remaining hour is a competency-based interview. The interviewers want to see if you meet all four competencies. Use the STAR approach to answer these questions!! There are then more technical questions pertaining to the role.

Interview Questions

• -According to you, what information should be included in XYZ report? -Should all electricity distributors be regulated in the same way?   Answer Question