Ogilvy Public Relations

Ogilvy Public Relations Account Executive Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

I was brought on full time after interning and had no formal interview after being brought on full time, so my experience is a bit different. I had to complete a writing test, but I was comfortable with the group and there was no need to interview me further.

Interview Questions
  • The intern application was pretty intense, two full essay questions that really made you think about public relations and branding. This might have changed as I was an intern 3 years ago.   Answer Question
you are not able to negotiate if you are hired as a junior staffer.

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy Public Relations

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Contacted alumni and directed to HR. HR responded quickly but suggested lower level than originally applied for. Phone interview with HR, followed by 2 on site interviews: first interview with 4 managers about 45 minutes each. Second on site interview was with group director/practice head and president of office; reserved for candidate they want to offer but have to get final approval from those folks.

Interview Questions
    • I personally despise behavioral questions and that was the bulk of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in May 2012.

The process was not bad. I met with the HR team and then came back to meet with the team leaders for the client that i would work on. After that i provided references and i took a writing test.

no real negotiating

Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in November 2011.

Must submit online, go through a phone interview and an in-person interview with key members of the team. Interview is as much about the personality is about the work experience and drive. We want people who want to be here.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which you and your client do not get along?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in April 2011.

I was referred by an employee and contacted by HR within a couple of days to schedule an interview. The interview itself was fairly straightforward - mostly questions about my background and PR experience. I met individually with 3 people from the team that was hiring, all of whom were very pleasant. The next day, HR sent me a writing test that I was to complete and send back. (It was rather time consuming and involved putting together a PR plan for a fictional client.) A couple of weeks after I submitted the writing test, I was asked to do a phone interview with a fourth person.

After the final interview, it was another 2-3 weeks before I finally heard back from HR to let me know they had decided to go with another candidate. It seems like a nice place to work, but the interview process was very drawn-out.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly PR-specific questions - types of clients you've worked with, what your role and accomplishments have been at your current agency, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in August 2008.

Initial phone screening followed by phone interview with three people and in-person interviews with four to five people.