Ogilvy Public Relations

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process was not bad. I met with the HR team and then came back to meet with the team leaders for the client that i would work on. After that i provided references and i took a writing test.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no real negotiating

Account Executive

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in November 2011.

Interview Details – Must submit online, go through a phone interview and an in-person interview with key members of the team. Interview is as much about the personality is about the work experience and drive. We want people who want to be here.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation in which you and your client do not get along?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – Very quick turnover. Friendly and informative staff

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – A combination of phone and in-person interviews with various team members and HR. Had to take an at-home writing test too.

Interview Question – What is an area of PR that you haven't explored yet that you're interested in?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – Long interview process lasting several months.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly typical, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Original offer was good and I accepted

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – The process consisted of several interviews. They make you feel comfortable and they are welcoming. There is a writing test at the end.

Negotiation Details – The HR person was very nice.

Account Executive

I applied through other source and interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – I was brought on full time after interning and had no formal interview after being brought on full time, so my experience is a bit different. I had to complete a writing test, but I was comfortable with the group and there was no need to interview me further.

Interview Question – The intern application was pretty intense, two full essay questions that really made you think about public relations and branding. This might have changed as I was an intern 3 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you are not able to negotiate if you are hired as a junior staffer.

Account Executive

Interview Details – Contacted alumni and directed to HR. HR responded quickly but suggested lower level than originally applied for. Phone interview with HR, followed by 2 on site interviews: first interview with 4 managers about 45 minutes each. Second on site interview was with group director/practice head and president of office; reserved for candidate they want to offer but have to get final approval from those folks.

Interview Question – I personally despise behavioral questions and that was the bulk of the questions.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with HR Director, who asked me simple questions about my resume - and also shared the salary range posted for this position. At the end of the phone interview, directed me to interview with this position's direct supervisor.

Three days later, met with direct supervisor and they asked, again, simple questions about my resume. They did tell me about the clients served and asked what I think they should do to get the word out about their client's initiative. I asked plenty of questions about their work atmosphere, team dynamic, day-to-day tasks, and long-term prospectives in terms of promotions, etc. At the end of the interview, they directed me to interview with the 3 VPs handling the major account.

A week later, after nudging the HR Director to make sure they had scheduled my interview, I interviewed with the 3 VPs. They asked very direct questions about my current employer, why I want to leave, what I wanted to gain out of this experience, and about my work experience with media, community outreach, etc - all of which were pertinent to the position for which I applied. At the end of the interview, they said they would get back to me.

Two hours later, the HR Director called and said the office was impressed and ready to make an offer - and went on to discuss salary. We began a week-long series of salary/benefit negotiations and at the end, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – You work for X - they are not friendly with our client - how will you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary only - benefits, PTO, and earlier opportunities for raise/promotion were not on the table for discussion.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy Public Relations in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was a pleasure. There were no surprises or trick questions - it was a very straightforward interview.

Interview Question – The questions were easy and nothing that you couldn't expect to answer in an interview. Questions dealt with previous work experience therefore what makes the firm you were at before different than Ogilvy and why do you want to work at Ogilvy.   Answer Question

Worked for Ogilvy Public Relations? Contribute to the Community!