Ogilvy & Mather

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Initial interview with HR Manager, who strongly recommended me to the department head. clear definition of competencies and challenges of role, how best to succeed, and the climate and culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Be pro and know how to strongly indicate your understanding of the company, industry, and how you can best contribute to the team.   Answer Question
It was made apparent I was the best candidate so I had some leverage. They claimed budget restraints, which were accurate, but they can always stretch those with a call to finance. If they are willing to make you an offer, they are willing to sweeten it. I got 15% more as a result.

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2009.

The interview process can be quite lengthy. It took 7 months and 5-6 interviews to finally get placed, and that was after I networked my way in with a former colleague from another company who was already working there. They seem to adhere to the 'don't call us, we'll call you' policy extremely well. It can leave you thinking that the ball was dropped with no closure in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite color? Do you smoke? Do you like to drink? Questions which I think are illegal to ask in an interview. Except for the 'favorite color' - that was just weird. I later found out that the person interviewing me was an avid smoker, and liked to take his team out for drinks quite often.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. I gave my salary range, and was told "We can do that". I found out later I could've gotten a lot more $. Ask for a higher amount than you think your position is worth, even if it's not industry-level for your position, because bonuses are not annually guaranteed, if ever.