Ogilvy & Mather Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions
  • they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question
unnegotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Questions
    • When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2012.

It was more like a personality test than an interview. No questions about you, your experience, why marketing or even why Ogilvy. It felt very dry and like a standardized process. Be prepared with stories and lessons about "times you failed, times you dealt with conflict..."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2010.

Very friendly staff. People were dressed business casual. They asked general interview questions. Took about an hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2013.

Initial communication were placed through my Cousin who was already working there. so you see, I joined throigh referal. I had to sent across my Resume to the concerned authority. I also had to tell him my area of interest and location. I got a call from one of the guys and had an ph interview before being taken in.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in December 2012.

O&M contacted the college placement department, and selected a few people, mostly based on co-curriculum accomplishments, and academic achievements. The next round was a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join advertising, after IT work experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Did first round interview via Skype because I was abroad in London at the time. Was asked a series of behavioral questions that were all very similar to each other. Mostly situational about working in teams or dealing with difficult people. Interviewer also seemed very disinterested during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult coming up with so many new scenarios for the many similar situational questions the interviewer asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

It was a short interview on phone. Roughly 5 minutes. I was asked more or less from my CV only. I had mentioned a digital marketing project, and I was posed questions based on that.
    I found the HR to be quite cool. She was pretty casual with asking questions, and did not bother too much about formalities.
    I was then later interviewed inside the company by one of the persons from the Account Management Team. I was interviewed with one more guy. However I was selected between the two of us.

Interview Questions
    • What is your background   View Answer
    • She asked my about my short term project on a digital media consultation. She also asked me about another short term project regarding setting up a consultancy in Dubai   View Answer
    I could not perhaps negotiate. This is because they had already said that they would not provide any stipend during the internship. Since it was a big brand, I did not wish to lose this chance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in December 2010.

The interview comprises of discussions with Account Managers and Strategic Brand Planners. All of them are extremely nice and are patient listeners. They are looking for some dynamic, who can take the tough times in good spirit and add optimism to the fast-paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • What function would you like to be associated with, in the next 5 years   View Answer

Worked for Ogilvy & Mather? Contribute to the Community!