Ogilvy & Mather

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2011.

Interview Details – HR was extremely friendly and the conversation flowed less like an interview and more like a "getting-to-know-you" chat. Not to say that it was informal, just that it wasn't structured as a string of questions. There was a very personal touch that I appreciated.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in advertising?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Interview Details – Completely behavioral interview. Very dry behavioral questions about leadership experience, times faced hardships, etc.

Interview Question – Discuss a time you faced a hardship and overcame it.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Submitted an application with two short essays, a cover letter, and resume, interviewed for 30 minutes on skype.
Interview ran for exactly 30 minutes, we went over my credentials for approximately 2 minutes and then she ran through 8 or 9 behavioral questions, one right after the other.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you included someone in a group.
and
Tell me about a time when you actively disagreed with a superior or colleague.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ogilvy & Mather

Worked for Ogilvy & Mather? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ogilvy & Mather Internship interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ogilvy & Mather employees and interview candidates.