Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

My interview process was fairly easy. They were staffing up on a smaller account, so I just spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and with the account supervisor a couple weeks later. Both of which were extremely friendly and knowledgable and sold me the position. Once I had completed the interviews, I was eager to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position/agency? How does your background make you the best fit for this role? Whats a difficult professional situation you have been in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was incredibly relaxed with an informal tone to how it was run. There was a lot of room for you to expand on your qualifications during your chances to speak but they really take the time to get to know your personality to see if you could fit in their work environment. I think that tends to be a little more important for them - if you get the chance to interview with them, they already assume you can more or less do the job you applied for, but but can you fit in their mold?

Interview Questions

• I see you had worked at (company). How did you enjoy your time there?   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test