Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

My interview process was fairly easy. They were staffing up on a smaller account, so I just spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and with the account supervisor a couple weeks later. Both of which were extremely friendly and knowledgable and sold me the position. Once I had completed the interviews, I was eager to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position/agency? How does your background make you the best fit for this role? Whats a difficult professional situation you have been in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

I applied online and the process started off very quick as I was working with a recruiter, but it took almost 4 weeks to get me in for a face-to-face interview. At that point I interviewed with a few of the team member and the interview was professionally handled. They asked typical interview questions and also some scenario questions to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected and normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions
    • Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Face2Face interview with 3 people, 30 minutes each. Two Digital PMs and the Director of Project Management.

Applied through a recruiter, seems to be a quicker experience. As I previously applied online and received no response.

Interview Questions

Not as digitally savvy. Name is a legacy within the ad agency arena, but so far behind the times of where it should be.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.