Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2013.

Went well, people were friendly and polite. Overall satisfied with the potential to work and earn a decent wage. bl ds d sd ds d ds dfs dfs ds ds sfs a a a a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2010.

Pros: interviewed with several key people
    Cons: Long interview process (3 months). Interview times were somewhat unreasonable. I had ot wait at least an hour before each interview/ I am typing words to meet the minimum. Thanks

Associate Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions
    • Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Quick and straight forward. Met with account lead and we had a nice chat. I think the position had already been filled but loved having the conversation all the same.

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

I sent an email to the recruiter who received my resume and scheduled three phone call interviews back-to-back. The interviews were very friendly and personal. They were just three really nice people who wanted to be friends and get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example in a recent ad campaign of a brand that really connected with it's target market?   Answer Question
    Terms were set already. They sent over an offer letter with everything outlined.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2014.

Filled out application and writing 2 sample essays from given prompts - if you could have a dinner party with 3 people (one from the past, one from the present, one from the future) who would they be and why and why do you want to be in PR. Then HR contacted me via email to tell me I would be interviewed over the phone. Two people interviewed separately me for about 30 minutes each. Then I was contacted via email by HR with the decision.

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Face2Face interview with 3 people, 30 minutes each. Two Digital PMs and the Director of Project Management.

Applied through a recruiter, seems to be a quicker experience. As I previously applied online and received no response.

Interview Questions

Not as digitally savvy. Name is a legacy within the ad agency arena, but so far behind the times of where it should be.

Worked for Ogilvy & Mather? Contribute to the Community!