Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

2.9

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Initially found out about the job through a creative employment agency. Initial phone interview with HR. Then, went in for a 6-person rotating 1:1 interview - meeting with various groups within the organization. Asked situational questions and about my entrepreneurship. I was also asked questions about my management type and how to deal with unproductive subordinates.

Associate Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

filled out an application in december, had a first round phone interview in februrary, if you get past the phone interview round you will move onto a day called "super saturday" where you have in person interviews and have to take a test

Insights Director Interview

Every one I have talked with is much above average of other firms and really nice. Further Ogilvy does do some great advertising work. At the end of the day I think it's probably the best large firm to work at given the variety of projects they do. None the less I've interviewed with Ogilvy twice for different roles. In both cases the process was pretty disorganized, dragged out, mitigated & sources out between multiple people. There isn't any methodology, which makes me question how they approach business processes or work. One case in particular totally missed the boat on where they should be headed from a strategy standpoint. And the reason for the non hire was extremely petty. In most scenarios I get the feeling when I talk with them, I'm not talking with "professionals professionals". The staff generally relies on the brand name over original thought processes in my view. But then again which large firm really is in the comms industry..

Interview Questions
    • Not so much the questions, it's getting the sense where the person interviewing you is coming from. And what they know. As they can be a bit flighty, it's hard to figure out - especially in my field.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Face2Face interview with 3 people, 30 minutes each. Two Digital PMs and the Director of Project Management.

Applied through a recruiter, seems to be a quicker experience. As I previously applied online and received no response.

Interview Questions

Not as digitally savvy. Name is a legacy within the ad agency arena, but so far behind the times of where it should be.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2014.

Really chill and relaxed. Not what I was expecting. Met with a ACD and CD. Nice view of the city from the interior. Both of which had tattoos on their arms and were not afraid to show this. Just be yourself and professional. They are looking for character and the right look in a book thats all.

Intern Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions
    • they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question
    unnegotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Questions
    • When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

The process was extremely long and draining. There was a first round interview that was brief, and then a series of 3 interviews with people from the specific group that you're interested in.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straightforward; no curve balls.   Answer Question

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

I sent an email to the recruiter who received my resume and scheduled three phone call interviews back-to-back. The interviews were very friendly and personal. They were just three really nice people who wanted to be friends and get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example in a recent ad campaign of a brand that really connected with it's target market?   Answer Question
    Terms were set already. They sent over an offer letter with everything outlined.