Ogilvy & Mather

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
    After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2011.

A superday-styled full day assessment. Including 3 - 5 behavioral interviews, a group interview and a case presentation

Interview Questions
    • The case presentation was the hardest part of the interview process. We were presented with a problem which we had to solve and then present to a panel that judged it and questioned us. We had to do all of this in 1 hour.   Answer Question
    There was none. Associates are hired on a fixed contract basis.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Submitted an application with two short essays, a cover letter, and resume, interviewed for 30 minutes on skype.
    Interview ran for exactly 30 minutes, we went over my credentials for approximately 2 minutes and then she ran through 8 or 9 behavioral questions, one right after the other.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you included someone in a group.
      and
      Tell me about a time when you actively disagreed with a superior or colleague.

Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Very lengthy process starting with an application requiring an example of what makes you creative... supposed to be something that helps them understand who you are and why they should want to work with you. This is basically your first interview and they have thousands of applicants each year.

In person interviews are invite only for which they usually fly to your campus. One HR director and one executive interview separately both asking similar questions. Guessing they overlap just to get congruity.

A third round is a full weekend of activities out in NY where they put you through all the hoops to see if you are the perfect fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is the craziest idea you have ever had and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

The interview was long. Had to meet with 3 different groups of two. They basically all asked the same questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • The 2 hour, yes 2 hour writing test they make you complete.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2013.

One of the most rigid process to get connected to HR often they will turn you down saying we do not have any opening, but the passionate person will always be there to make sure you grab the opportunity, my process was smooth yet complicated, i got a call one day prior saying my interview is scheduled the next day i had to prepare and get ready, initially i was interviewed by the HR manager was simple and normal HR interview later had to wait for two hours to be interviewed by the CSD, normal questions got through

Interview Questions
    • Which of the Ogilvy's Department would you like to work in? PR? Digital? BTL?   View Answer
    Timing and Duration is all i could negotiate for.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2012.

While the folks here were nice, their interview process was strange considering this was a job to be on call for them. At best, it was part-time, yet they made folks jump through hoops, interviewing dozens of folks, as if they were hiring a full-time staff person.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult, but it was a lengthy process that was not worth it considering the job was intermittent.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2008.

There were 3 layers of interview, where tons of questions regarding one's aptitude, desire to work and ingenuity and ethics were questioned.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2012.

After submitting a lengthy application, Ogilvy selected a handful of individuals to partake in on-campus interviews. This consisted of two 1:1 interviews with constituents from their local branch. One individual was a higher level executive - she was short and I could not get a good read on her at all. The other individual was much more lively and we had a great conversation. After interviewing, we had to wait another 4 weeks to see if we passed on to the second round interviews.