Ogilvy & Mather

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
108 candidate interviews

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Interview Details – very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Interview Question – Sell yourself in 100 words or less.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2011.

Interview Details – A superday-styled full day assessment. Including 3 - 5 behavioral interviews, a group interview and a case presentation

Interview Question – The case presentation was the hardest part of the interview process. We were presented with a problem which we had to solve and then present to a panel that judged it and questioned us. We had to do all of this in 1 hour.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Associates are hired on a fixed contract basis.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
  • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Submitted an application with two short essays, a cover letter, and resume, interviewed for 30 minutes on skype.
Interview ran for exactly 30 minutes, we went over my credentials for approximately 2 minutes and then she ran through 8 or 9 behavioral questions, one right after the other.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you included someone in a group.
and
Tell me about a time when you actively disagreed with a superior or colleague.
  Answer Question

Advertising Interview

Advertising

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2010.

Interview Details – First, I had to do an aptitude test. Later, I had to write some ads so as to prove my competency, as I was advertising for a role as an advertising copywriter. I then had a one on one interview with the organization's creative director...

Interview Questions

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a lengthy application, Ogilvy selected a handful of individuals to partake in on-campus interviews. This consisted of two 1:1 interviews with constituents from their local branch. One individual was a higher level executive - she was short and I could not get a good read on her at all. The other individual was much more lively and we had a great conversation. After interviewing, we had to wait another 4 weeks to see if we passed on to the second round interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed.   View Answer

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Very lengthy process starting with an application requiring an example of what makes you creative... supposed to be something that helps them understand who you are and why they should want to work with you. This is basically your first interview and they have thousands of applicants each year.

In person interviews are invite only for which they usually fly to your campus. One HR director and one executive interview separately both asking similar questions. Guessing they overlap just to get congruity.

A third round is a full weekend of activities out in NY where they put you through all the hoops to see if you are the perfect fit.

Interview Question – What is the craziest idea you have ever had and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager, Client Services Interview

Assistant Manager, Client Services
Bangalore (India)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

Interview Details – Called the Hr manager. Sent her a resume. She called and checked if i was capable for the company. Then she booked an appointment for my interview with one of their heads. He questioned regarding the marketing field and other background checks and qualifications.

Interview Question – What do you like so much about advertising that pulls you to it? and mention few of their clients and advertisements.   Answer Question

Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2008.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, 1:1 interview, combination of group / individual interviews at New York corporate headquarters over the course of 2 days.

Negotiation Details – No

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2008.

Interview Details – very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then chances of making it through super saturday are very good. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Interview Question – why ogilvy?   Answer Question

Worked for Ogilvy & Mather? Contribute to the Community!